Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL : BRU to JFK book in Z for 1226€ return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue / AA Advantage

I was looking for flights to NYC from Brussels and I found nice availability for 1226€ from June to January, maybe more, I haven't searched deeply...

https://www.google.be/flights/#searc...7-08;sc=b;eo=e

Bookable on Delta.com

Fly a 767, not the best lie flat seat out there, but if you score the first row, you'll get plenty of space for your feet
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Is the 767 business so bad ? I was considering the seasonal direct flight PRG - JFK, but the 767 pictures didn't look very tempting.. I decided to go with BA (through LHR for same price) as usual, but didn't book the tickets yet..
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:38 pm

AMS also
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by PragueTravellerCZ
Is the 767 business so bad ? I was considering the seasonal direct flight PRG - JFK, but the 767 pictures didn't look very tempting.. I decided to go with BA (through LHR for same price) as usual, but didn't book the tickets yet..
DL is so much more pleasant in J than BA. I guess there's miles earning and status considerations, but even with these, there's no way I'd ever chose BA over DL if both are at the same price point. The 76s are perfectly fine and I find everything else leaps and bounds ahead of BA.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by PragueTravellerCZ
If you have largish feet the foot wells of all but row 1 can be very tight. And seats are a bit narrow so if you are a back sleeper and have wide shoulders it may also be a tight fit (I'm a side sleeper so it doesn't bother me.)

I basically can't sleep if I'm not in row 1 -- my feet are pretty much locked in. So I keep it in recliner mode then (OK for daytime flights).

Obviously a smaller person won't have these issues...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I also would recommend Row 1 for the footwell, but the 767 is just fine in terms of width, both as a seat and a bed.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:53 pm

Seems to be gone. Any luck finding it elsewhere?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:41 am
Original Poster

I still see plenty of availability and Star alliance seems to have aligned themselves on the fares
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:54 am
Original Poster

And the 767 seats aren't that bad, but if you are tall the foot cubical is very narrow unless on row one... and Delta is much better than BA...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Louisdavid
And the 767 seats aren't that bad, but if you are tall the foot cubical is very narrow unless on row one... and Delta is much better than BA...
And this is what opinions are for
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:03 am

The delta fare seems to be gone....
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Still an AZ fare in place for BRU and DL plus others are still there for TXL. At least they are still in the GDS.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
I see 1242 Euro AF 380 Bru JFK

Bru- Par by TGV
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by alpenrock
I see 1242 Euro AF 380 Bru JFK
Bru- Par by TGV
Dates? Cheapest I can see is £1500 plus in August.

EDIT: Found it! just over £1k GBP.

Last edited by obduro; Apr 28, 2017 at 9:19 am
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
I assume that one could skip the initial train portions of an itinerary without affecting the flight portion ...

For example, if I can price Brussels - Amsterdam (Thalys) connecting to Amsterdam - New York (KLM), can I just pick up the itinerary in Amsterdam without using the train segment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.