Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL : BRU to JFK book in Z for 1226€ return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL : BRU to JFK book in Z for 1226€ return

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Anegada
I assume that one could skip the initial train portions of an itinerary without affecting the flight portion ...

For example, if I can price Brussels - Amsterdam (Thalys) connecting to Amsterdam - New York (KLM), can I just pick up the itinerary in Amsterdam without using the train segment?
I think that would be a very dangerous and costly assumption.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: WP
I assume that one could skip the initial train portions of an itinerary without affecting the flight portion ...

For example, if I can price Brussels - Amsterdam (Thalys) connecting to Amsterdam - New York (KLM), can I just pick up the itinerary in Amsterdam without using the train segment?
Best not to skip 1st leg train segment, last leg ok
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:25 am

Not possible. You have to show the validated ticket in Amsterdam.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I've never seen a ticket that combines plane and train before... Where can you book that sort of thing? (Sorry if this is insider info - truly asking out of ignorance!)
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
I've never seen a ticket that combines plane and train before... Where can you book that sort of thing? (Sorry if this is insider info - truly asking out of ignorance!)
Most online booking sites will do it. Sometimes you have to explicitly include the train station's code in the search: for example, ZYR for Brussels Zuid or ZFV for Philadelphia 30th St. Only places I've seen it done are Philadelphia/United (here in the US with Amtrak) and France/Germany/Belgium/Netherlands (with Thalys/SNCF).

Not quite the same, but you can also buy a "rail and fly" ticket with many airlines that go to Germany, which lets you fly into a hub and then claim a ticket to your final destination on the rail network. If you can swing it, it's usually better than booking separately as the combined cost is a lot smaller (plus you aren't linked to a certain train).
Old May 8, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue / AA Advantage
They seems to be back in July and August + some availability in November for 1311$ best option is to search with ITA Matrix, then use "book with matrix" website and then I had the option of priceline or delta to book them. book in Z, with J if there is a train portion.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by erik123
Not possible. You have to show the validated ticket in Amsterdam.
I can 100% confirm you need to show the train ticket stamped by the conductor. They typically even call some sort of desk which I guess tells them when you picked up your ticket that morning. For the return go pick up your ticket so at least you get the miles but you don't need to travel on the train if it is your last segment. One time I forgot to pick up the train ticket and of course KLM screwed me out of those miles.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

wide open availability in july/august for 1190-1230 euro on both *A and ST.
With *A you can route via VIE, FRA, ZRH for flights with other carriers than SN or UA (for direct flights)
no idea of the fare rules, books into P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.