Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: exARN sale, book by 24th, from $1100 (DXB) and many more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: exARN sale, book by 24th, from $1100 (DXB) and many more

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by gary_nj
Just a small warning... It is quite common for QR to change the aircraft on its routes, and it seems to happen quite frequently on the BKK route. In the QR forum, there is a thread specifically discussing BKK flights. I would book based on convenience and not be totally surprised if your aircraft changes before the flight date.
Thanks Gary, good to know. I was looking at BBK for $200+ than KBV because of the equipment used. Looks like I'll be 787 the whole way, maybe...
Old May 3, 2017, 1:45 am

Vce-doh-bkk kbv-doh-arn Ł996

Just booked the above multi city from 16-24 Sep with the MASTERCARD promo Code for Ł996. Books into I fare on the way to BKK and R on the way to ARN. I've included a 19hrs stopover in Doha and planning to take advantage of the +Qatar offer for the free hotel and visa.
Does anyone know if I should book the free hotel from now or wait to do it together with the transit visa application one month before travel?
Thinking of staying at the Ritz or Westin in Doha.

Last edited by Giorgiok86; May 3, 2017 at 1:48 am Reason: Forgot to add something
Old May 3, 2017, 3:37 am
Abd

Originally Posted by Giorgiok86
Just booked the above multi city from 16-24 Sep with the MASTERCARD promo Code for Ł996. Books into I fare on the way to BKK and R on the way to ARN. I've included a 19hrs stopover in Doha and planning to take advantage of the +Qatar offer for the free hotel and visa.
Does anyone know if I should book the free hotel from now or wait to do it together with the transit visa application one month before travel?
i would suggest you to book right away as these premium hotels get booked really fast. The visa is a straight forward process it is approved with hours.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by trapped
Thanks Gary, good to know. I was looking at BBK for $200+ than KBV because of the equipment used. Looks like I'll be 787 the whole way, maybe...
yes, I've twice had a380 swapped for a 777. Nice sleep and ride, but not the bar experience I chose flights for!
Old May 3, 2017, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Abd
i would suggest you to book right away as these premium hotels get booked really fast. The visa is a straight forward process it is approved with hours.
Ok great. Thanks for this.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Giorgiok86
Wanting to take part of the same offer as I got 2 nights in Doha on the way to Krabi in July. Called Qatar local offices and they instructed web booking only. Website delivers error that the free hotel and visa transit offer can only be booked within 30 days of travel and not more. So guess I got to wait a while longer than for booking.

Or can you actually book the free hotel stay already?
Old May 3, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Abd
Qatar just announced a free stopover program for guests traveling through doha in all classes. They give you a free hotel night at any of the listed five star hotels. Guys booking the above fare should take benefit of this option.

http://www.qatarairways.com/in/en/pr...ease_plusqatar
Nice. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see any time frames anywhere?
Old May 3, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Just to be clear - the stopover program isn't strictly free as a previous poster suggested.

You get a free stopover as part of your ticket itinerary (this has always been a choice), and J passengers continue to get 1 night hotel free with the now removed transit restrictions (under the +QATAR LUXURY offer, Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers receive a complimentary night’s stay from a selection of five-star hotels), but if you want to take up the two night offer, this is the +QATAR ULTIMATE offer and you need to pay a booking fee of USD 50 per room - you then select from a number of four or five-star hotels.

You can book this straight away after you get confirmation of your flights and as mentioned earlier it is best you do this straight away. Worth also noting that there are blackout dates around Eid, and this offer only runs from May to September, at which point the stopover offer ends.

Full details - http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/plusqatar.page
Old May 3, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by XJames
Wanting to take part of the same offer as I got 2 nights in Doha on the way to Krabi in July. Called Qatar local offices and they instructed web booking only. Website delivers error that the free hotel and visa transit offer can only be booked within 30 days of travel and not more. So guess I got to wait a while longer than for booking.

Or can you actually book the free hotel stay already?
Just booked my free stay at The ritz for mid September and got a confirmation number. I hope everything will go smoothly. I will apply for the transit visa a month before travel.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
yes, I've twice had a380 swapped for a 777. Nice sleep and ride, but not the bar experience I chose flights for!

Happened to me twice too & on one of them had been intending / hoping to upgrade my folks to F using QCredits which then expired because I couldn't use them :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.