Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Norwegian: LAX - LGW $1,335 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:41 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- I know it is more like Premium Economy but Norwegian now markets them as Business

http://www.momondo.com/flightsearch/...false&NA=false
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:58 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
That seems super expensive to me, but I guess that's if I go ex EU to save money.

So maybe a good deal from the UK

Still though I would rather than fly Norwegian.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I don't think it matters what the carrier markets the product as, I don't think this should be viewed as business class (unless you are doing a comparison to circa 1995 biz products). As a PE fare, which is essentially what it is, it's on the high end of the scale. Heck, anyone who looks for the flash sales with some effort can fly west coast to EU for this or less in proper business class.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by stephem
Heck, anyone who looks for the flash sales with some effort can fly west coast to EU for this or less in proper business class.
To be fair, I don't think I have seen a west coast to EU fare in major carrier, lie-flat J for under $1500 in several years. I don't follow the fares fanatically, but it's a bit of a stretch to claim this.

Still, I agree with the assertion the OP's fare doesn't really approach the bar for a premium good deal fare.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It's the best PE product available TATL and usually goes for ~$2K RT.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:02 pm

The title should state this is a PE fare, the website you looked at might have classified it as business but Norwegian are honest about it and call it premium. And for a PE fare from the West Coast, it is a good one.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
To be fair, I don't think I have seen a west coast to EU fare in major carrier, lie-flat J for under $1500 in several years. I don't follow the fares fanatically, but it's a bit of a stretch to claim this.

Still, I agree with the assertion the OP's fare doesn't really approach the bar for a premium good deal fare.
Not at all a stretch. I have taken my family to Europe every summer, $950 per ticket last year, $1150 this year. SEA-MAD last year, YVR-ROM this year. 2-3 times each fall these prices are available.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

Was the *A P fare deal 2 years ago now? Or 3?

Also, with BA, you can pretty regularly meet or beat this.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Expedia Gold, British Airways Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Norwegian Premium is close to American carriers' first class. Or am I totally off? Anyhow I agree that a premium economy product should be marketed as such. But American first is also wrongly marketed in my humble opinion. Business class should be lie flat and first should mean personalized service. Again just my humble opinion.

Edit: to be fair, Chinese airlines also have this silly "first premium" product which means first class, while "first" means business. Again I might be totally off. Let the flames begin!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by N1120A
Was the *A P fare deal 2 years ago now? Or 3?

Also, with BA, you can pretty regularly meet or beat this.
There was the BA $1350 w/ AARP SFO-LHR-FCO June 2016, I flew it October 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.