Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ba/aa : Alg - san $1,794 rt

Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:05 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- ALG is competing with HBE and CAi now

- ALG flights are from LGW though

- books into J, R,D

- amazingly comes up on aa.com without any issues

- similar prices to other US cities (east coast for less)

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...0-01-2018;sc=b
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
- ALG is competing with HBE and CAi now

- ALG flights are from LGW though

- books into J, R,D

- amazingly comes up on aa.com without any issues

- similar prices to other US cities (east coast for less)

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...0-01-2018;sc=b
Who in their right mind would go to Algeria to start a trip? I think that you have to be invited.

Original + copy of the accommodation certificate duly certified by the local authorities (town hall) in Algeria (certificat d'hbergement lgalis par l'A.P.C.) including the name of the person inviting you, their relationship to you and the address where you will be staying during your visit to Algeria or, when applicable, a confirmation of a hotel booking or an official invitation with itinerary from a travel agency in Algeria;

Letter of employment or evidence of activity;

Travel insurance for European and other citizens listed above in the travel insurance section. Not required for British and Irish citizens;

A prepaid self-addressed special delivery envelope for nationals residing in the UK and postal order of 8 for nationals living in Ireland if the application is sent by post;

then you have to cough up 85 for this Visa. I doubt that you could Back-to-back - but other may know differently.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:43 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Who in their right mind would go to Algeria to start a trip? I think that you have to be invited.

Original + copy of the accommodation certificate duly certified by the local authorities (town hall) in Algeria (certificat d'hbergement lgalis par l'A.P.C.) including the name of the person inviting you, their relationship to you and the address where you will be staying during your visit to Algeria or, when applicable, a confirmation of a hotel booking or an official invitation with itinerary from a travel agency in Algeria;

Letter of employment or evidence of activity;

Travel insurance for European and other citizens listed above in the travel insurance section. Not required for British and Irish citizens;

A prepaid self-addressed special delivery envelope for nationals residing in the UK and postal order of 8 for nationals living in Ireland if the application is sent by post;

then you have to cough up 85 for this Visa. I doubt that you could Back-to-back - but other may know differently.
Many, if the ALG-FOC fare is anything to go by. For more information on the logistics of ALG: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ow-344-rt.html

Transit without visa is possible, but a big hassle if baggage is involved.

Certified accommodations only apply if you're staying at someone's house. If you're staying at a hotel, book it then request one. I booked the Sofitel and asked them for one, and got this within four hours. Printed this (plus the attachment) for the visa and it was accepted. I also received my visa in 5 calendar days, one of which was a weekend and a further two were Christmas/Boxing Day.

Bonjour,

En vous remerciant d'avoir choisi le Sofitel Alger Hamma Garden, veuillez recevoir ci-joint, votre confirmation de rservation de chambre .

Au plaisir de vous recevoir .

Bien vous.
This view also awaits you; don't knock it till you've tried it!

Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Tempting...looks like it all books as BA flight numbers, so on AA you'd get 20,784 EQM and 3464 EQD. That's a 1.93:1 EQD:$ ratio...pretty darn good.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 6:12 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Many folks have followed OneWorld exALG fares over the years so I will post here rather than start a new thread.

The fare structure was lucrative, same sort of thing as ex KTM for a while where you could get R or D fare basis for the price of I fare in many markets. That means you can cheaply upgrade to AA F, nothing to write home about I'll concede, but not a bad thing if the fare is this low.

AA unceremoniously yanked all the exALG R and D fares to the west coast of the US, but effective Oct 2020 has reintroduced an R basis fare on some routes that totals to about US $1611 for the roundtrip. I found it to work easily for ALG-SEA, that is a great fare, $800 per direction in biz or throw some miles at it and you are in F. Schedules suck now and so no LHR-LAX to get a long ride in F on the 77W, but may be worth it as more 77W flights get reintroduced. Base fare is $1134++ and depending on connections is generally in the $1611 range.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.