Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian: $1684 J (Biz) Dublin To Cape Town RT...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum

Not the most jaw dropping deal we've seen, and may have been around for a bit, but worth highlighting 1 stop flight DUB to CPT on Ethiopian. 787 all the way with lie flat seat. Could be nice

Seems to be available almost through EOS.

Could be nice for Star Alliance folks...

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...017-08-10;sc=b
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Great that this seems to work over Xmas / NY

You can even "hop off" at London if you were based there...

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...DUB1BA830;sc=b
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:05 am

I have heard reports from friends who have flown Ethiopian that although the plane is ok, Addis Abbaba airport is horrendous. Not sure if they have business lounge but economy passengers said it was the worst airport ever for a transit passenger. perhaps by now they have improved the infrastructure but I would check that it is direct - I suspect you may stop in Addis.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Cape Town gal
I suspect you may stop in Addis.
There are no direct or non-stop flights from Dublin to Cape Town.

As this is an Ethiopian ticket, of course you have to change at ADD.

There are worse airports for transfers.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:48 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Welcome to FT

I have heard reports from friends who have flown Ethiopian that although the plane is ok, Addis Abbaba airport is horrendous. Not sure if they have business lounge but economy passengers said it was the worst airport ever for a transit passenger. perhaps by now they have improved the infrastructure but I would check that it is direct - I suspect you may stop in Addis.
I flew BRU-ADD-ZNA-ADD-FRA in 2012 (all ET except ADD-FRA on LH). There was a business lounge (in both terminals 1 and 2, if memory serves) and I found transit to be fine in both directions. Not luxurious, but very far from "the worst airport ever". At the time there was a lot of building work going on, so I can't imagine it's any worse 5 years on.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:57 am

OK thanks. Well its good to hear that its fine for business class travellers and the lounges are ok. I was quoting people who had flown economy - lets hope the building has enhanced the airport at Addis!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:46 pm
Used to be highman123

OK thanks. Well its good to hear that its fine for business class travellers and the lounges are ok. I was quoting people who had flown economy - lets hope the building has enhanced the airport at Addis!
I find the ADD airport a quite organized chaos. The trouble is that the crowds at the morning and evening rush hours can be menacing. Most of the staff is really friendly though. The lounges look basic but have surprisingly good food, working WiFi and alcohol. It's not great but ET manages to make the (way too small airport) work for them day in and out. They even had an improvised DJ system as loud speaker system for the bus gates downstairs.

There is a Business/ Star Gold security that has much shorter lines, the regular security can be intimidating - just make sure they know that they know what you will be on and don't hesitate to ask for permission to cut in line.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints

Could be nice for Star Alliance folks...
If it was miles earning then yes..BUT, this books into a combination of D and P classes, and ET P is non-earning in almost all *A FFPs. Booking via ET directly seems to book in P both ways, so no miles at all.

It's actually available for as low as $1490 (€1405), again a combination of D and P.

Last edited by Airprox; Apr 12, 2017 at 12:35 am Reason: SPG
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
I find the ADD airport a quite organized chaos.
Just flew 2 days ago with ET and that's the right phrase! It was really over-crowded especially at the bus gates but surprisingly boarding was orderly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.