Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ATL/YUL/YYZ-HNL ~$1146ai (First - USA Domestic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ATL/YUL/YYZ-HNL ~$1146ai (First - USA Domestic)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Meh, and miss out on the new 767 seats? I'll take the seats. I'm scheduled for a same day return and need it.

Thanks for this post! Great deal!

So I want to take advantage of this deal over the weekend of 5/20. I have to be coming over to STL so the best way is to book a separate ticket on Y (unless you guys think theres another way) and book the ATL-HNL-ATL on a different ticket.

Now, if I want to be on one of the lie flat seats, I need to fork up about 200+ each way... Not a fantastic deal at that point. Do you have any strategies on how to route so that you could end up on an aircraft with lie flat bed (76 or 77)

Otherwise, best option is to route through PHX which technically has the legacy US Air's Envoy recliner seats which are considered "angle flat." Any thoughts on those seats?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ludocdoc
In theory the MIA-LAX can be the 3 class transcon configured A321
Whose theory?

A321T is sched on JFK-LAX-JFK and JFK-SFO-JFK, only.

Anyone ever seen even an anecdotal example of AA swapping an A321T in to MIA-LAX?

The 77W, yes, one flight a day -- and it is sold as 3-class.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by moonwoo
So I want to take advantage of this deal over the weekend of 5/20. I have to be coming over to STL so the best way is to book a separate ticket on Y (unless you guys think theres another way) and book the ATL-HNL-ATL on a different ticket.

Now, if I want to be on one of the lie flat seats, I need to fork up about 200+ each way... Not a fantastic deal at that point. Do you have any strategies on how to route so that you could end up on an aircraft with lie flat bed (76 or 77)

Otherwise, best option is to route through PHX which technically has the legacy US Air's Envoy recliner seats which are considered "angle flat." Any thoughts on those seats?
I don't see another way because that 767 flight leaves early so you have to go directly to DFW. I'll give up 2000EQM's for comfort.

Personally I value the lie flat bed more, especially since I'm doing a same day return. It's funny to see how much these 767's are totally booked and how everyone is smart enough to pick the even numbered rows when looking at the seat maps.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Something like this would get you 3 segments on 767 lie-flats

https://goo.gl/flights/8hy9

Last edited by pdxparse; Apr 13, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I don't see another way because that 767 flight leaves early so you have to go directly to DFW. I'll give up 2000EQM's for comfort.

Personally I value the lie flat bed more, especially since I'm doing a same day return. It's funny to see how much these 767's are totally booked and how everyone is smart enough to pick the even numbered rows when looking at the seat maps.

Oh yeah I don't mind giving up 2000 eqm at all, I thought I had to start from ATL to get the fare down to 1150s. When you say give up 2000EQM for comfort, is it's also by spending an extra 400 dollars or is there a different way to book this?

Anyone know about the legacy US international 757s? That seems to be what's flying from PHX to HNL now and seat guru lists the seats as "angle flat"
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Oh yeah I don't mind giving up 2000 eqm at all, I thought I had to start from ATL to get the fare down to 1150s. When you say give up 2000EQM for comfort, is it's also by spending an extra 400 dollars or is there a different way to book this?

Anyone know about the legacy US international 757s? That seems to be what's flying from PHX to HNL now and seat guru lists the seats as "angle flat"
Someone else said ITT that upgrading to the old US Hawaii 757's that are operated on this route with 15,000 miles was the biggest waste of 15,000 miles ever. So my guess is it's a standard F seat.

I wouldn't book anything other than the 767, and judging by the seat maps, I don't think others are.

Just so others know, as far I can tell the 757 is nothing special, and the A321 is a regular domestic F seat from US. It's not the LAX-JFK seat.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Haven't flown this route, but the 757 J I've flown has been very typical domestic recliner "first." Seats are older than most of the rest of the fleet (it's a 757) and cloth (which I actually prefer) but otherwise comparable to what you see on the 737/a319/a321. Significantly more seats in first than most of those other options, so nice if you're flying Y and hoping to get an EXP bump...but not so useful in a situation like this where you're actually buying the J fare.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:45 am

Thanks for the info. I decided to avoid F on the 757s to HNL

Last edited by moonwoo; Apr 15, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: NWA, AC., SWA, AA.,UA, HH
Cheap fare to HNL, OGG, LIH

Thanks for the info. I decided to avoid F on the 757s to HNL
Anyone find cheap fares on Delta?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I got UA to replicate the fare ($600) on an outbound to HNL, but couldn't find anything under $1200 O/W coming back. (My dates are somewhat limited). And the outbound wasn't bookable as a standalone one way--it jumped to triple the price.
Likewise. Has anyone found something comparable on UA? (either one-way or roundtrip). I can only found $635 on the outbound UA portion, but the return segments are $1000+.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Likewise. Has anyone found something comparable on UA? (either one-way or roundtrip). I can only found $635 on the outbound UA portion, but the return segments are $1000+.

-FlyerBeek
UA had this fare first - it's been out there for months, if not longer. Just be flexible with dates and routings and you should be pricing about US$1,100 YYZ HNL including lie flats from ORD and IAD.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I bit the bullet on this one. I still need to work out getting to ATL from IND but that should be "easy enough". I ended up going to KOA instead of HNL and used AAVacation to help out with the EQD's and also to take advantage of their TripWaiver protection. My total cost was $2900 for two people and staying four nights at the Sheraton and the trip waiver. I consider that pretty good even if the Sheraton is a bit of a dump.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:43 am

Finally found flights that were interesting for $1146 ATL-MIA-LAX-HNL-DFW-ATL.

777 on MIA-LAX on the way there, and 767 on HNL-DFW on the way back.

https://goo.gl/flights/HWyT
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by pdxparse
Finally found flights that were interesting for $1146 ATL-MIA-LAX-HNL-DFW-ATL.

777 on MIA-LAX on the way there, and 767 on HNL-DFW on the way back.

https://goo.gl/flights/HWyT
Thanks! Any ideas on how to get that routing for the same price for later in December? I advanced the date slider, but it's giving me pricing in $2ks.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:37 pm

Looks to me like the fare got pulled - sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.