Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC/ANA: YVR-TPE Business $1950

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC/ANA: YVR-TPE Business $1950

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xslash10x
Anyone able to price this out with a stopover in Tokyo or ICN?
Yes, stopovers are $100 each. I am flying YVR-NRT, stop, HND-TSA, end, TPE-NRT, stop, NRT-LAX-YVR
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Yes, stopovers are $100 each. I am flying YVR-NRT, stop, HND-TSA, end, TPE-NRT, stop, NRT-LAX-YVR

This is excellent. Routing one out for myself to have a mini vacation!

Thanks,
Sam
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
This is excellent. Routing one out for myself to have a mini vacation!

Thanks,
Sam
I see you have your travel addiction back these judging by your last post on your trip report!? That was a little bit of a downer Update/end post.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by bakersdozen
I see you have your travel addiction back these judging by your last post on your trip report!? That was a little bit of a downer Update/end post.
Haha yes and I am loving it! Been a crazy year already. May is looking insane with 13 trips booked, 4x TATL
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Just booked YVR-HND-TSA-HND-YVR with a stopover in HND on the outbound. Thanks for sharing this fare!

Although NH P fares only accrue at 100% AQMs on AC/AP, I was willing to forego the extra 50% AQM (plus AQD) flying AC direct to TPE would earn given the vastly superior product offered by NH (my favourite J class in the world).
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Thanks to OP for sharing this deal, I am only interested in NH metal (no AC nor UA), this deal is good until the end of May per fare rules, CA is having another sub-$2000 USD deal from YYZ to PEK, good until end of April. Interesting that NH is charging almost $4000 for YVR-HND rt, get 50% off by flying extra segments.

I think the main catch is having to overnight in Tokyo, stopover is allowed but at $100 it doesn't seem to be worth it unless the whole trip is over 2 weeks.

With TK this trip will earn 150% of miles.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Thanks to OP for sharing this deal, I am only interested in NH metal (no AC nor UA), this deal is good until the end of May per fare rules, CA is having another sub-$2000 USD deal from YYZ to PEK, good until end of April. Interesting that NH is charging almost $4000 for YVR-HND rt, get 50% off by flying extra segments.

I think the main catch is having to overnight in Tokyo, stopover is allowed but at $100 it doesn't seem to be worth it unless the whole trip is over 2 weeks.

I flew the YVR-HND before and stayed at the First Cabin for the night before flying to my next destination. It's at the domestic terminal so you need to take the shuttle or train. I think I paid ~US$50 for the standard capsule. It's small. You can watch tv whilst laying down, but barely enough space for your carry-on much less if you have a larger bag. I may have placed my backpack on my bed beside my feet as I don't want to leave it outside the capsule. If you decide to spend the night here, make sure you book in advance as it tends to get overbooked. There's also another hotel at the airport, can't remember the name though, which is a little bit on the higher end.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

What is your intended destination? Tokyo or Taipei or somewhere else? You do not need to take a stopover in Tokyo if you don't want to - just take AC in Y to SEA, or P to SFO/LAX and connect on NH from there to NRT which will arrive in Tokyo with more than enough time to connect onwards to TPE.

If your intended destination is Japan, you add a Tokyo stopover for as long as you want to stay there, then on the outbound or inbound, you add TPE as a connecting point (in effect, the end of the first journey direction) before turning around and going back to Tokyo, and either another stopover there, or just go back to YVR (i.e. TSA-HND-YVR) or via SEA/SFO/LAX on NH metal (TPE-NRT-SEA/SFO/LAX-YVR).

I structured a ticket for 3 Asia stops - Tokyo, Taipei, Tokyo again - then back through LAX which is really the actual destination so the last leg to YVR can be dropped. Anyone from any west coast USA NH or UA gateway can route the same way and just drop the last leg to YVR so the last ex-Tokyo flight flies you home.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:59 am

What is your intended destination? Tokyo or Taipei or somewhere else?
TPE.

I go to Japan quite often using stopovers or open jaw J fares so this works out for me if I have plenty of time. From East Coast, this is essentially the same deal as TK's YYZ-East Asia J fares (between $2400 and $3000 USD) once you factor re-positioning to Vancouver. However there's a possibility of me moving to Seattle for work, that's why I am looking at this deal closely.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:24 pm

What is your intended destination? Tokyo or Taipei or somewhere else? You do not need to take a stopover in Tokyo if you don't want to - just take AC in Y to SEA, or P to SFO/LAX and connect on NH from there to NRT which will arrive in Tokyo with more than enough time to connect onwards to TPE.

If your intended destination is Japan, you add a Tokyo stopover for as long as you want to stay there, then on the outbound or inbound, you add TPE as a connecting point (in effect, the end of the first journey direction) before turning around and going back to Tokyo, and either another stopover there, or just go back to YVR (i.e. TSA-HND-YVR) or via SEA/SFO/LAX on NH metal (TPE-NRT-SEA/SFO/LAX-YVR).

I structured a ticket for 3 Asia stops - Tokyo, Taipei, Tokyo again - then back through LAX which is really the actual destination so the last leg to YVR can be dropped. Anyone from any west coast USA NH or UA gateway can route the same way and just drop the last leg to YVR so the last ex-Tokyo flight flies you home.
As you hinted if you drop the last leg to YVR from LAX/SFO/SEA, do you risk losing any miles you could earn on this trip?

Michaelmorio
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
As you hinted if you drop the last leg to YVR from LAX/SFO/SEA, do you risk losing any miles you could earn on this trip?

Michaelmorio
If I did such a thing, I would lose the miles for the leg I would not fly....not for the rest of the trip. It's a short leg, so it's of little concern.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:53 pm

If I did such a thing, I would lose the miles for the leg I would not fly....not for the rest of the trip. It's a short leg, so it's of little concern.
Actually if you read CX forum, some flyers did not receive miles from long haul segments flown after skipping HGK-XXX (usually TPE or MNL). After calling the airlines, the response was having the fares re-assessed ending in HKG if you want the miles credited. Not sure how AC/NH will react.

In addition, if your schedules are concrete you can knock the fares down to $1700 USD on vayama.com
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:35 pm

Actually if you read CX forum, some flyers did not receive miles from long haul segments flown after skipping HGK-XXX (usually TPE or MNL). After calling the airlines, the response was having the fares re-assessed ending in HKG if you want the miles credited. Not sure how AC/NH will react.

In addition, if your schedules are concrete you can knock the fares down to $1700 USD on vayama.com
One of the rules when segment dropping is never poop where you sleep - so don't buy a ticket plated on your program carrier with segments flown by your program carrier, then drop one.

In this case, it's easier to spread the ticket and flights on different airlines, where the ticket is issued by airline A, most segments are operated by airline A, you are crediting to airline C and the dropped segment is flown by airline B - so A and B would report flown segments to C, and if one is missing, it just won't get credited.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:55 pm

Certain open jaws for only $200-$300 more

I found certain US/Canada - Asia (and vice versa) city pairs with TPE-YVR booking on NH for just a little more.

JFK-PEK (or PEK-JFK), SEA-PEK, YVR-SEA, ORD-PEK (for $400 more). The key is having at least YVR-TPE in either outbound or return (TPE-YVR), there may be other city pairs that work with this deal. If you simply book all of the aforementioned pairs rt it will cost at least $4000 USD.

I found those on NH's own website.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
This fare is still available YVR to TPE non-stop rtn on AC Business (P) Class, Sep-Nov. $1943 USD; $2620 CAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.