Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hu: Sjc-bkk $2,567

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Hu: Sjc-bkk $2,567

Not earth-shattering, but a decent price if you're looking to goto Asia. Books into I, so gets 200% for AS. If you've got AS status it can multiply-up pretty quickly.

Example
https://goo.gl/flights/ACRr
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
stopover in PEK?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by stvr
stopover in PEK?
I am seeing the same price on HU from ORD. And the fare rules allow stopovers (at least from ORD).

UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND UNLIMITED AT USD 100.00 EACH.
1 FREE IN EACH DIRECTION
UNLIMITED AT USD 100.00 EACH.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by SCtrojan
Not earth-shattering, but a decent price if you're looking to goto Asia. Books into I, so gets 200% for AS. If you've got AS status it can multiply-up pretty quickly.
I fares earn ONLY 100% and 0% cabin bonus with HU

So this fare does not earn 200%. You must be thinking of R fares which this isn't. Also because it is an 'I' fare, and earns 0% class or service bonus, the MVP and Gold bonus is only on the 100% distance flown. There is also a 100% RDM miles on the base fare for 'I' fares on HU, so ALL would get that too.

Thanks for posting, just wanted to clarify.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by smilee
I fares earn ONLY 100% and 0% cabin bonus with HU

So this fare does not earn 200%. You must be thinking of R fares which this isn't. Also because it is an 'I' fare, and earns 0% class or service bonus, the MVP and Gold bonus is only on the 100% distance flown. There is also a 100% RDM miles on the base fare for 'I' fares on HU, so ALL would get that too.

Thanks for posting, just wanted to clarify.
I've been watching the HU fares from ORD to BKK for a while. I have seen them at low as approx USD 2100. At that point I am looking at them as cheap business class transport and the miles earned are secondary.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

I meant 200% RDM. It is 100% base plus 100% additional bonus.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS peasant, WoH Globalist
Grabbed this around $2300 in January and combined with Chase's $300 travel credit for a decent deal.

I liked Hainan. They don't have the best hard product but I enjoyed their complimentary chauffeur to and from SJC, lounges (Hainan in PEK is great, Thai lounges in BKK are also good), and service during the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.