Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ETIHAD J Class - SYD to NYC Return - AUD$5,195 - Companion fares

ETIHAD J Class - SYD to NYC Return - AUD$5,195 - Companion fares

Old Apr 4, 17, 9:57 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 13,585
ETIHAD J Class - SYD to NYC Return - AUD$5,195 - Companion fares

Requires 2 travellers. Quite a few conditions.

24Apr17 - 20Jun17 and 18Sep17 to 14Dec17

http://www.firstclass.com.au/airfare...ess-class/4594
Annalisa12 is offline  
Old Apr 5, 17, 10:02 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: YFC,FOC
Posts: 166
$5195 each... I don't think it is hot.
raccoon is offline  
Old Apr 5, 17, 9:26 pm
  #3  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Posts: 1,770
Not a great deal.
caliform is offline  
Old Apr 6, 17, 3:43 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 13,585
Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
$5195 each... I don't think it is hot.
I know it is each.

I think it's a hot deal. Approximately AUD$7 to 8000 EACH for SYD to NYC on a quality airline normally.

If you can point out a quality airline with $5000 airfares for my husband and myself (i.e. $5000 each so totalling $10,000) I'd be delighted to know.
Annalisa12 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 17, 3:44 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 13,585
Originally Posted by caliform View Post
Not a great deal.
Show me a great deal for SYD to NYC in business class on a quality airline e.g. Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas. Please. I'd love to go to NYC for 5k EACH.
Annalisa12 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 17, 4:16 am
  #6  
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Posts: 2,165
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Show me a great deal for SYD to NYC in business class on a quality airline e.g. Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas. Please. I'd love to go to NYC for 5k EACH.
28hrs of flying, no devices on second leg and it's J for more than you can buy Points travel for, no thanks.
markis10 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 17, 5:12 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,014
A bit harsh given the fun of finding dates for redemptions..... little unfair NOT to give that some financial value?
trooper is offline  
Old Apr 6, 17, 5:44 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Posts: 1,517
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Show me a great deal for SYD to NYC in business class on a quality airline e.g. Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas. Please. I'd love to go to NYC for 5k EACH.
There's no need to get wound up. People can say their opinion that it's not a good deal, same as you can say you think it is (hence posting).

For what it's worth, given the flight distance and airline I think this is a decent deal. Flights ex-SYD are always pretty dear and given fares on the likes of China Southern and Korean regularly come out at $6000AUD this isn't something to turn your nose up at.

Thank you for sharing!
obduro is offline  
Old Apr 6, 17, 6:55 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 13,585
Originally Posted by obduro View Post
There's no need to get wound up. People can say their opinion that it's not a good deal, same as you can say you think it is (hence posting).

For what it's worth, given the flight distance and airline I think this is a decent deal. Flights ex-SYD are always pretty dear and given fares on the likes of China Southern and Korean regularly come out at $6000AUD this isn't something to turn your nose up at.

Thank you for sharing!
Im not getting wound up. I'm asking for advice from those saying this fare is expensive.

I don't want to fly that long. I'll pay 8k for QF but thought some flyers would enjoy a long flight in J on a quality airline.
Annalisa12 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 17, 8:29 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SYD | HGH
Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,978
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Requires 2 travellers. Quite a few conditions.

24Apr17 - 20Jun17 and 18Sep17 to 14Dec17

http://www.firstclass.com.au/airfare...ess-class/4594
If it was a fare for 1, it would be just an OK fare. But the airlines is asking minimum of $10390....no way
Ausriver is offline  
Old Apr 7, 17, 8:38 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Posts: 448
Wow tough crowd here... Yes it's a good deal for a quality carrier on this route as far as I'm aware, and people who care about the route should be glad to be notified about this. 2-3k lower than usual is worth a post if it's not a regular occurrence. None of the haters defined "good" fares or referred to recent deals where these "good" fares actually existed.

Note that right now Qantas etc. offer AUD6k fares without the need for companion, which is also quite good.
apk123 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 17, 12:30 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 4,014
Originally Posted by apk123 View Post
Wow tough crowd here... Yes it's a good deal for a quality carrier on this route as far as I'm aware, and people who care about the route should be glad to be notified about this. 2-3k lower than usual is worth a post if it's not a regular occurrence. None of the haters defined "good" fares or referred to recent deals where these "good" fares actually existed.

Note that right now Qantas etc. offer AUD6k fares without the need for companion, which is also quite good.
How did you get that? I was looking at this fare and all I saw on ITA were QF fares around AUD 8K.
cheltzel is offline  
Old Apr 7, 17, 2:57 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 5,211
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
How did you get that? I was looking at this fare and all I saw on ITA were QF fares around AUD 8K.
apk123 was too terrified to post the fare lest they get jumped on by the "if the fare doesn't interest me then its hopeless" crowd
3544quebec is offline  
Old Apr 7, 17, 4:00 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: AA, UA, GE
Posts: 4,014
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
apk123 was too terrified to post the fare lest they get jumped on by the "if the fare doesn't interest me then its hopeless" crowd
You have to have thicker skin than that around here
cheltzel is offline  
Old Apr 7, 17, 4:45 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 5,211
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
You have to have thicker skin than that around here
Speak for yourself - some of us are as delicate as a flower
3544quebec is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: