VS: bos-jnb, pe, $1407

Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

VS: bos-jnb, pe, $1407

Premium economy for a long way, but great earning for DL. Seems available leaving mid-week in April/May:

https://goo.gl/flights/MyGD

Books into K, should give ~26k MQM, ~22k RDM, and 4400 MQD.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 50+, Hyatt Diamond, United Gold
Seems to be available from many NA VS airports.

- IAD, MCO and MIA price out same as BOS at $1407
- SFO & LAX is $1491
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: DL GM
I've been looking at this VS MIA-LHR-JNB PE fare for a while and just can't quite pull the trigger. Killer earning for DL and you can add a few extra days in London on the outbound for around $200 more if you book it as a multi-city on the VS website and play around with the dates a bit. I haven't checked if the same is true for the trip back.

I just have so little interest in Johannesburg that it is tough to justify that long in the air in PE. I'd probably just look for a follow up flight to Cape Town or Windhoek or even Mauritius and then it starts getting a bit up there in price, depending on dates. The AF PE fare from Toronto to CPT posted earlier for around $1100 is fairly intriguing as well and I could position to Toronto easily, but I'd much prefer VS to AF for that long of flight time since it is 787 with wifi on all four legs.

Just have to talk myself into it since I'd be going solo on this one. Anyone done this in PE that would recommend it at this price? The $5000 or so MQD on DL alone might be enough to justify it if the product is decent enough, I'm on pace to fall way short on MQD this year.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott LTTE, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by streetman
Premium economy for a long way, but great earning for DL. Seems available leaving mid-week in April/May:

https://goo.gl/flights/MyGD

Books into K, should give ~26k MQM, ~22k RDM, and 4400 MQD.
Disregard, forgot that partner MQDs were based on distance

Last edited by nutty92; Mar 25, 2017 at 6:53 pm Reason: short term memory loss :)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.