Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Plat
Great price

Any clue if you can add a stop-over in HKG?
When i tried it changed it all to PE and changed the price to 2500
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
Amex International Program

As I posted in the other thread.... Amex Int Program takes $200 off this since it is a premium fare bringing it to all in ~1690.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveler303
As I posted in the other thread.... Amex Int Program takes $200 off this since it is a premium fare bringing it to all in ~1690.
How do you go about doing this amex booking. Please explain.
Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:39 pm

You need to be an Amex platinum card member. I'm not sure how it works for US card holders, but in Canada you need to call to get the discounted price.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Executive Platinum
Yes, you have to have any version of Platinum card and call in. Ask for International Airlines Program discount. I booked this few days ago and it was $1655 plus $39 booking fee.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Upgrades

did this run twice, both times on the return HKG - ORD we were upgraded into J. Asked for the outbound but were told that it was too empty. So our upgrades were because the PE and Y were very full and they wanted to upgrade others into PE.

we did have to ask though, they didn't just give it. We asked at the club and we're told we had to buy up. But asking at the gate and we got it free.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by darkobeatsdeath
Any clue if you can add a stop-over in HKG?
When i tried it changed it all to PE and changed the price to 2500
Made this run in Jun. Stopped over for 9 days in HKG (5 of which I headed to BKK). No change in price, but I had to play with the dates . Seems to me HGK>ORD leg had best price on Sat, Mon, Tues Thurs. Google flights didn't help. I found the CX website best...when it was working.

The Mrs didn't want to go "Too hot, rainy season". In MLE it rained overnight but days were clear. I didn't find the heat and humidity any different from home (CHI). After she seen the pics, claimed it was a conspiracy to leave her at home. Anyway, EQMs gave me the jump I needed make EXP doable in '17.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:32 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Still going on and the HKG-MLE segments are in business.

https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...X806;sc=p;a=CX
AceReport likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Was seriously thinking about booking this. I have the Cdn Platinum Amex which also qualifies for CX discount. Called this morning, and discount only applies with a Cdn departure point! Price from YYZ is 100% higher than leaving from JFK.

Is it possible for someone with a US card to make the booking for me?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Was seriously thinking about booking this. I have the Cdn Platinum Amex which also qualifies for CX discount. Called this morning, and discount only applies with a Cdn departure point! Price from YYZ is 100% higher than leaving from JFK.

Is it possible for someone with a US card to make the booking for me?
IME, no. To use the IAP discount, the Platinum cardholder who calls in needs to be on the reservation, i.e. I've tried using it to book a ticket for someone else and the AmexTravel CSA told me I couldn't do that.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:33 pm

Are there any from LAX includes business the HKG-MLE segment, with a weekend turnaround? I checked one each month up until April and came up with nothing.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by tomsam
IME, no. To use the IAP discount, the Platinum cardholder who calls in needs to be on the reservation, i.e. I've tried using it to book a ticket for someone else and the AmexTravel CSA told me I couldn't do that.
My wife used her platinum card to make a booking for me today.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyer31
Maybe the benefit applies directly to a spouse?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer31
There's no problem with using a Platinum card to make a booking for someone else.

The question is whether you can get the International Airline Program discount for a booking that doesn't include the the Platinum cardholder.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tomsam
There's no problem with using a Platinum card to make a booking for someone else.

The question is whether you can get the International Airline Program discount for a booking that doesn't include the the Platinum cardholder.
Precisely, and the terms state that for the IAP the cardholder must be on the reservation. Now you may find a lenient AmEx agent but if they are playing by the book....
tomsam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.