Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

CX: Ord/JFK/EWR-MLE $1770-1900; mixed PE and J

Old Dec 21, 17, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Whodunit68 View Post
In a weird twist, for me anyway, CX asked me to downgrade to PE for MLE-HKG while I was in HKG.
they offered us HKD1710 to do it. Of course nobody knew what it would do to my booking class for recording miles so I took a chance and accepted it. If I get the original credit, this will turn out to be a hell of a steal as I would have 2 trips for $3200-ish USD. Iíll calcute the EQD/EQM return when it posts.
hkd1710 is peanuts for a downgrade
Old Dec 21, 17, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by haroon145 View Post

hkd1710 is peanuts for a downgrade
Maybe. But it was a one leg downgrade (though they did offer to "let" me upgrade for USD $6300-ISH for the YVR-HKG segment).

However, the way I looked at it was that 1/2 of my wife's trip was paid for and their business was nothing to write home about. PE wasn't bad plus almost the same EQMs so a short 6+ hour flight and this was really an MR anyway. If I was giving up JL or EK F, this would be a different discussion.
Old Dec 21, 17, 10:15 am

... But only if I come back from the Maldives. It's pretty frickin nice here.
Glad the Mali is fun. As they say,
The Weather is Here.
Wish you were Fine!! or a bumper sticker rendition of a Buffet rhyme...

As you know I follow up to the Maldives in a few weeks so keep the reports coming... Any dives completo?
Even though pretty good pricing comes up on GF, the CX MR is only showing for select dates -Orbitz/Priceline at PE $2420 thru April with no, I, class upgrades seen.
Old Dec 21, 17, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CJPacker View Post
Glad the Mali is fun. As they say,
The Weather is Here.
Wish you were Fine!! or a bumper sticker rendition of a Buffet rhyme...

As you know I follow up to the Maldives in a few weeks so keep the reports coming... Any dives completo?
Even though pretty good pricing comes up on GF, the CX MR is only showing for select dates -Orbitz/Priceline at PE $2420 thru April with no, I, class upgrades seen.
Yes, I do know.
Next, I'm a dingbat. The amount they gave me was HKD$14,340 for the 2 downgrades or 7170 each. Sorry!

Finally, I'm also seeing in the same range you are in 2018.

I'm seeing lots of China Southern in PE in the $1500 range but that doesn't help OW fliers.

First snorkel tomorrow. Then we see if we can get her diving.

Last edited by Whodunit68; Dec 22, 17 at 4:28 am
Old Dec 21, 17, 3:33 pm

Yes, I do know.

First snorkel tomorrow. Then we see if we can get her diving.
I hope they ask me to downgrade my MLE-HKG leg or both the HKG-MLE-HKG legs. I'll suffer thru a $1,830 windfall!!
Of course that red eye return trip to HKG is more marketable in the almost lie-flat positioning....
Whodunit68 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 18, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This fare appears to be dead. I'm only finding $2,500 fares. Anyone else?

It's also booking as an E fare now, not an R fare. So it looks like J on the HKG-MLE segment is dead as well.