Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: YVR/YYZ/YUL-CDG-HKG - $1340 in PE rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF: YVR/YYZ/YUL-CDG-HKG - $1340 in PE rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
Now seeing some US$11xx on some dates for this in Google Flights
price jumps at booking though

EDIT: gah I can't read, I was looking at Y and not Y+
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:16 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Anyone managed to ticket this on airfrance.us?

I tried using multi city and while it will price out valid flights and let me enter passenger details, the next step to pay always triggers an error.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jix
Anyone managed to ticket this on airfrance.us?

I tried using multi city and while it will price out valid flights and let me enter passenger details, the next step to pay always triggers an error.
I didn't have any trouble booking at airfrance.us. Hopefully the error you're getting is only a temporary thing.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:37 pm
jix

Originally Posted by qupasyd
I didn't have any trouble booking at airfrance.us. Hopefully the error you're getting is only a temporary thing.
Tried this morning as well.

I'm trying 1.YUL-JFK-CDG-HKG 2.HKG-CDG-JFK 3.JFK-YYZ

Dates as 12/23, 12/30, 12/31

I checked the flight availability by segment and the fare code is available, so still not sure what's wrong. I was hoping to book it before Friday otherwise 20k amex bonus will expire.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Air France US cannot find a flight on JFK YUL most likely since AF flight JFK YUL cannot be sold without a connection and for multi city, booking the system most likely checks flights that can be sold "stand alone" and that are part of a list of possible flights set by AF IT, for example there should be at least one AF or KL flight for each segment of the multicity request. Better book it on expedia that should find the right AF-DL connection/stopover.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:04 pm
jix

Originally Posted by ranskis
Air France US cannot find a flight on JFK YUL most likely since AF flight JFK YUL cannot be sold without a connection and for multi city, booking the system most likely checks flights that can be sold "stand alone" and that are part of a list of possible flights set by AF IT, for example there should be at least one AF or KL flight for each segment of the multicity request. Better book it on expedia that should find the right AF-DL connection/stopover.
So the YUL-JFK and JFK-YYZ is by DL but on the same day, so it's more just connection rather than stopover. I thought that may be why and I had tried YUL-CDG direct and CDG-AMS-YYZ and still triggered error.

A simple YUL-HKG-YYZ still can't get ticketed on airfrance.us, could this be because it doesn't touch US at all?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by jix
So the YUL-JFK and JFK-YYZ is by DL but on the same day, so it's more just connection rather than stopover. I thought that may be why and I had tried YUL-CDG direct and CDG-AMS-YYZ and still triggered error.

A simple YUL-HKG-YYZ still can't get ticketed on airfrance.us, could this be because it doesn't touch US at all?
Flights originating from Canada use airfrance.ca
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skchin
Flights originating from Canada use airfrance.ca
I'm not sure that this is true. FWIW, the itinerary that I booked successfully on airfrance.us was YVR-CDG-HKG on the outbound and HKG-CDG-JFK/LGA-YYZ on the inbound.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:19 pm
jix

I'm not sure that this is true. FWIW, the itinerary that I booked successfully on airfrance.us was YVR-CDG-HKG on the outbound and HKG-CDG-JFK/LGA-YYZ on the inbound.
Well I gave up, it was a good fare during December time but can't be ticketed, even YUL-HKG RT doesn't work.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jix
Well I gave up, it was a good fare during December time but can't be ticketed, even YUL-HKG RT doesn't work.

When I try to make a reservation YUL-HKG RT 12/23-12/30, I can get all the way through to the final payment page with no issues. The website generates a reservation reference as well. If the error you see comes earlier in the process than that, then maybe it's a browser issue or something?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:30 pm
jix

When I try to make a reservation YUL-HKG RT 12/23-12/30, I can get all the way through to the final payment page with no issues. The website generates a reservation reference as well. If the error you see comes earlier in the process than that, then maybe it's a browser issue or something?
Odd, I tried YUL-HKG RT now and it works but the price is not worth it if the return trip doesn't have AF PE across the Atlantic, unless multi-city is used to force in JFK. It then failed at the payment page. Oh well.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by jix
When everything fails, time to call the airline to book it.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:36 pm
jix

Originally Posted by skchin
When everything fails, time to call the airline to book it.
Nah, the amex offer excludes phone booking. I booked something else already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.