FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Oneworld - British Airways/Finnair YYC-SVO J $2409CAD R/T (Hidden ticket to LHR/HEL) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1826398-oneworld-british-airways-finnair-yyc-svo-j-2409cad-r-t-hidden-ticket-lhr-hel.html)

SKYEG Mar 1, 2017 1:11 am

Oneworld - British Airways/Finnair YYC-SVO J $2409CAD R/T (Hidden ticket to LHR/HEL)

Really good fare out of YYC to Europe($1800USD/$2400CAD). It stops in LHR and HEL, dates are pretty wide open on Matrix. Same day turns possible.

787 YYC-LHR on the BA lie flats. Not sure what the mileage accural is on OneWorld but Finnair connects LHR-HEL-SVO.

Works oneway as well so you could hidden ticket to get to LHR or HEL lol. Yes, I know this is frowned upon... :D

I know there is the visa issue but I'm not sure if one would be required for same day turn.

Keter Mar 1, 2017 1:28 am

That's a bad way of doing business:D Not sure how automated exchange will handle this.

CHANGES

ANY TIME
CHANGES PERMITTED.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
CHARGE CAD 400 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION

ss2000 Mar 1, 2017 1:38 am

Uh, wouldn't this only work one way though for hidden ticket.

SKYEG Mar 1, 2017 1:52 am

Flights work through LED and SVX as well. SVX gives around 1600 BIS miles more and it's actualy $2385CAD so cheaper than SVO. Also shows an a350 lie flat for SVX-HEL for 1 out of the 3 departure dates... Interesting

Originally Posted by ss2000 (Post 27973468)
Uh, wouldn't this only work one way though for hidden ticket.

Yes, I noted it in my post that it was oneway :D

You could book R/T and do an open jaw in between(which is what I'm looking at) but need to figure out if two different PNR will be an issue for immigration +_+

craigthemif Mar 1, 2017 2:31 am

Hidden city into a country requiring a visa-in-advance is a recipe for disaster, unless you already have the visa.

Is that really even a good fare as a one-way?

chx1975 Mar 1, 2017 6:03 am

At least for Canadians transit visa for Russia is not required when:

- flying over the territory of the Russian Federation without changing flights in the country;

- changing flights at the Russian airport, where a transit area is available, and leaving for onward destination within 24 hours from the moment of arrival at the airport of the Russian Federation.

Interesting, interesting...

Jetstreamer Mar 1, 2017 6:26 am

But the ticket would be terminating in Russia so a visa would be required, unless you are looking at booking another flight out of Russia shortly after arrival :confused:

N1120A Mar 1, 2017 11:39 am

The best way to sort this would probably to somehow book an immediate return to the connection city.

PV_Premier Mar 1, 2017 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 27973580)

only if you really need a one way. usually one ways price the same or higher than round trip on these C1->C2 trips. but just for the sake of buying a one way hidden city to LHR or HEL when one really desires round trip travel, this seems quite foolish to me...since some of the more modest round-trip sales to those cities have themselves priced comparably to this fare.

YMMV.

lds89 Mar 1, 2017 2:36 pm

I was able to price out YYC-LHR-HEL-BKK return for ~$2500 (3400 CAD). books into I class. 787 to LHR and the AY A350 from HEL to BKK and back

Google flights won't always link to the Finnair website but I found that building the trip using multi city tool got me to the booking page

Ivanko Mar 2, 2017 12:32 pm

It shows HEL->SVX on Embraer and 319

while a great fare overall

canadian_golf_guy Mar 2, 2017 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by lds89 (Post 27976969)
I was able to price out YYC-LHR-HEL-BKK return for ~$2500 (3400 CAD). books into I class. 787 to LHR and the AY A350 from HEL to BKK and back

Google flights won't always link to the Finnair website but I found that building the trip using multi city tool got me to the booking page

SIN and HKG work too at a similar price point. 720 TP on BA for the RT. 22,256 mi RT to SIN.

dvs7310 Mar 2, 2017 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 27973580)
Hidden city into a country requiring a visa-in-advance is a recipe for disaster, unless you already have the visa.

Not necessarily. If you have an overnight connection in the connecting city then you're generally only checked in for the first segment (to LHR or HEL), so no visa check until you return to the airport the next day to check in for the second segment. I've had to do this before on UL when MLE-India was far cheaper than MLE-CMB. I've also had loads of other examples when I wasn't doing hidden city but had an overnight connection and no one has looked at the entry requirements for the second segment until I checked in at the connecting airport again.

SKYEG Mar 4, 2017 3:48 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 27976078)
only if you really need a one way. usually one ways price the same or higher than round trip on these C1->C2 trips. but just for the sake of buying a one way hidden city to LHR or HEL when one really desires round trip travel, this seems quite foolish to me...since some of the more modest round-trip sales to those cities have themselves priced comparably to this fare.

YMMV.

You're still saving money which is all that really matters though. You also now have the option of open jaw and can travel in J one direction and Y the other. Also, remember we are talking about YYC. We don't have it good like the US :(. If I lived in the US, I would buy discounted J fares for all my travel. It's so much cheaper than what we get in Canada. This goes for both domestic and international flights!