Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
Assume this is a Q fare? What's the practical reality of cancelling these within 24 hours, do I have to call?
If you book thru AM, you have to cancel with AM by phone.

With Orbitz, they say 24 hours but it's really midnight tomorrow, so you get some more time. Orbitz is easy, you cancel online.

Unless you have some compelling reason to book thru AM directly (e.g., AMEX 5x on the Plat Personal Card), Orbitz is way easier.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
i am flying out next weekend sfo-mex-hux-mex-gdl-sfo, with a 24hr stop in HUX and 24hr stop in GDL. Should be a fun long weekend trip!!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by jelanizarathustra
Funny, a business ticket I pulled up booked into "Q" but the AS chart shows Q class is Economy.
Does this mean that we all have just booked into economy and "business" just meant we could choose our seat?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by sparemile
Does this mean that we all have just booked into economy and "business" just meant we could choose our seat?
hmm.. orbitz email says cabin (I) Business

Aeromexico.com shows the booking in Premier Class (and is giving the 2 free checked bags and seats). as you said at the bottom it displays fare rules for code QRLUPI... true economy cabin bookings have no free bags as of Feb1.

Do they have a type of economy+instant upgrade fare? If so, Q...UPI likely stands for UPgraded to I ? FT forum om how AA does this is they award miles based on the I cabin. Unless IRROPS occur, then we only have a Y cabin seat

speaking of irrops.... i just read on avherald.com that Aeromexico had a diversion from mexico city to tijiana due to a burning smell. They then abandoned all the passengers (at close to midnight) and told them the were on their own to get to LAX. (they didn't even get them into the destination country!)

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 3, 2017 at 12:21 pm
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
hmm.. orbitz email says cabin (I) Business

Aeromexico.com shows the booking in Premier Class (and is giving the 2 free checked bags and seats). as you said at the bottom it displays fare rules for code QRLUPI... true economy cabin bookings have no free bags as of Feb1.

Do they have a type of economy+instant upgrade fare? If so, Q...UPI likely stands for UPgraded to I ? FT forum om how AA does this is they award miles based on the I cabin. Unless IRROPS occur, then we only have a Y cabin seat

speaking of irrops.... i just read on avherald.com that Aeromexico had a diversion from mexico city to tijiana due to a burning smell. They then abandoned all the passengers (at close to midnight) and told them the were on their own to get to LAX. (they didn't even get them into the destination country!)
That makes sense. Also brutal to be dumped in Tijuana of all places.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by sparemile
That makes sense. Also brutal to be dumped in Tijuana of all places.
I think the premise is that they delivered them close enough, from there you can easily walk to the destination country, scale the fence easily, and you're home... See today's demonstration from the gentleman below, lol.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/americ...der-wall-trnd/
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Found it too - thanks!

Mine is booking into "I" no AS credit (anymore)

Last edited by Madone59; Mar 3, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
I think the premise is that they delivered them close enough, from there you can easily walk to the destination country, scale the fence easily, and you're home...
TIJ Airport actually has USA passport control/customs and an exit on the USA side.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by channa
TIJ Airport actually has USA passport control/customs and an exit on the USA side.
yep,, $16 a person, a $50 uber ride to SAN or phone or probably $125+ to LAX

no hotel either. if you leave the secure side of the TIJ airport, you cannot take the paid CrossBorderExpress.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:48 am

Just got a "Changes have been made to your flight" email from Orbitz. I assumed it was telling me my ticket was cancelled or downgraded to economy. It was actually telling me that my schedule had changed. I now have a 3 hour connection instead of a 4 hour connection in MEX on the way out. Seat assignments have stuck though.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrapynot
Just got a "Changes have been made to your flight" email from Orbitz. I assumed it was telling me my ticket was cancelled or downgraded to economy. It was actually telling me that my schedule had changed. I now have a 3 hour connection instead of a 4 hour connection in MEX on the way out. Seat assignments have stuck though.
Yup, seems AM ran a round of schedule changes. I got a "Flight Reassignment" email since I purchased direct from AM. Shortened a 4 hour connect in MEX to 2 hours. Not bad.

As for downgrading to economy, I doubt they could unilaterally do that.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
This still exist? Or anyone have dates that it is available?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
This still exist? Or anyone have dates that it is available?
A coworker just booked with dates in November about an hour ago.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
AM requires that ALL changes are priced using the fares in effect TODAY. This is violation of IATA reso 017f as some changes have to be priced using the fares that were in effect when the ticket was issued.
Though its not possible to complain to IATA one can complain to DoT (dont complain about this specific fare though ). Just a piece of info.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by expert7700
i am flying out next weekend sfo-mex-hux-mex-gdl-sfo, with a 24hr stop in HUX and 24hr stop in GDL. Should be a fun long weekend trip!!
Expert, who are you crediting to? I am going to credit mine to AS and hope that the Q fare nets 100%, rather than no credit for I. In any case, still a good deal to get to a nice small city in MEX. I am coming from ANC where it is rare to get to places like this for less than $1000. I think someone had fat fingers programming this one...let's hope they don't kick us into the back of the bus.

I got a schedule change too, HUX-MEX leaves 2 hours earlier now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.