Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OneWorld Germany-ORD business I/D 1322

Old Feb 21, 17, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA SILVER

No seasonal restrictions, bookable only via (O)TA e.g. Expedia, not with the airlines directly. Base fare about 900 + 400 YQ and taxes. Great availability in summer/fall/Christmas on AA, BA, IB and AY. ORD appears to be the only U.S. destination, but some open jaw returns from some other U.S. cities are also possible for a few hundred more.
Old Feb 21, 17, 9:43 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Any examples, please? Just looked on Google flights for departures ex HAM, DUS, FRA and MUC and all fares were about USD1,950 rtn, i.e. approx. EUR500 more than what you quoted above. Could you help us find your price?

EDIT: Never mind, found some fares on Expedia.de, guess Google isn't showing them for whatever reason!

Last edited by NetJets Germany; Feb 21, 17 at 9:48 am
Old Feb 21, 17, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, MH Enrich Platinum
Any way to find Rules? Not on ITA either.
Old Feb 21, 17, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA SILVER
Not on EF, maybe it is some kind of expedia.de only special??? The lowest fare I could find on EF without YQ is about the same as this special with YQ. I booked and ticketed two MUC-ORD earlier today for family visits after finding the fare. Probably best to book while the getting is good! Similar published fares are available from AMS, but I live in southern Germany so this one is much better for me.
Old Feb 21, 17, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pete3 View Post
No seasonal restrictions, bookable only via (O)TA e.g. Expedia, not with the airlines directly. Base fare about 900 + 400 YQ and taxes. Great availability in summer/fall/Christmas on AA, BA, IB and AY. ORD appears to be the only U.S. destination, but some open jaw returns from some other U.S. cities are also possible for a few hundred more.
Thanks for posting. Great fare from this pricey *alliance market!!!

Would an open jaw from the West Coast (e.g. SFO, LAX) also work?
Old Feb 21, 17, 4:48 pm

Great tip, thank you. Managed to pick up FRA-ORD in March for 1,362 Euros via Expedia.de
Old Feb 21, 17, 5:46 pm

muc-hel-ord-dub-lhr-muc for solar eclipse. 1345€ on expedia.de. Thx to the op.
Old Feb 21, 17, 11:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Seems to be only/mostly AA codes? Anyone able to force BA codes onto these flights?
Old Feb 22, 17, 1:09 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Good find. Strange though that it shows on Expedia.de but not on the other local Expedia websites...
Old Feb 22, 17, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Thank you for sharing - a few oddities, including why it doesn't show up on Matrix, but a good fare.
Old Feb 22, 17, 2:27 am

Considering economy is about 300-330€, is this really a great deal? ORD is a very cheap destination from Europe.
Old Feb 22, 17, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by largeeyes View Post
Considering economy is about 300-330€, is this really a great deal? ORD is a very cheap destination from Europe.
Personally, I'd rather stay at home than sit in Y for an overnight transatlantic, so the Y price is irrelevant in my calculations. Even if it were free, the price would not be low enough. Therefore I am grateful to see this deal posted here in the premium fares forum.

Others may well feel differently (and for a day flight premium Y is fine for me) so that is still good to know.
Old Feb 22, 17, 4:01 am

Is there any way to stop expedia from redirecting to local geo version? I can't get to expedia.de - they keep redirecting me to .ch
Old Feb 22, 17, 4:44 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Lebuda:

Yes - look at the top of the page - there is a link to allow you to go back to expedia.de.
it should say something like this:
Weiter zur Website von Expedia Deutschland: Expedia.de
Old Feb 26, 17, 12:58 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
To anybody who has already booked this fare: Could you share the change and cancellation conditions, please? I cannot find anything on expedia.de.

Also, has anybody successfully routed through HEL in order to force the L/H with AY? I do not see any options at all, and if I try to put in individual sectors, I only get an error message saying "We're experiencing technical problems"...

Finally, want to book the miles and club points with CX. Should get full miles and points for these fares, right?

Am close to pulling the trigger on this, so would appreciate any insights!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: