FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   SQ Summer J sale: JFK-FRA, IAH-MAN, LAX-ICN, LAX-TYO $1999 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1823261-sq-summer-j-sale-jfk-fra-iah-man-lax-icn-lax-tyo-1999-a.html)

steveholt Feb 18, 2017 7:18 am

SQ Summer J sale: JFK-FRA, IAH-MAN, LAX-ICN, LAX-TYO $1999

SQ announced a sale for summer business travel on US biz routes, listing JFK-FRA, IAH-MAN, LAX-ICN, and LAX-TYO for $1999 all-in. Sunday-Thursday flights, book by 2/20, dates on sale are listed as 6/1-8/31. Maximum stay one month.

mileageking Feb 18, 2017 7:52 am

Nice fare. Checked few dates and wide open. Thanks OP.

SFO777 Feb 18, 2017 8:43 am

Wow, great fare and on a quality airline... unlike similar fares on the usual NA garbage. Thanks

unavaca Feb 18, 2017 8:54 am

Sadly only 100% PQM when crediting to UA, but a great deal all the same.

choff5507 Feb 18, 2017 8:57 am

Anyone know what planes they fly on the IAH-MAN route? And Im assuming this is round trip? Sorry Im new

Also, are these fares fully refundable?

SFO777 Feb 18, 2017 9:07 am

Originally Posted by choff5507 (Post 27926130)
Anyone know what planes they fly on the IAH-MAN route? And Im assuming this is round trip? Sorry Im new

A350.

mkadilla Feb 18, 2017 9:31 am

From the SQ Website

Booking change **Fee Applies
Refund/Cancellation **Fee Applies
Earn KrisFlyer miles on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights (125%)
Upgrade with KrisFlyer miles on flights operated by Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. Codeshare flights are not eligible for upgrades (see the KrisFlyer terms and conditions)

Wish I could take advantage of this.......

olouie Feb 18, 2017 9:33 am

No amenity kits or PJs on SQ business still?
Great price though.

pareto Feb 18, 2017 10:34 am

Premium Economy also available at $1199

Change/cancellation fees are listed at $300 on the site.

Business

Premium Economy

choff5507 Feb 18, 2017 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mkadilla (Post 27926241)
From the SQ Website

Booking change **Fee Applies
Refund/Cancellation **Fee Applies
Earn KrisFlyer miles on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights (125%)
Upgrade with KrisFlyer miles on flights operated by Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. Codeshare flights are not eligible for upgrades (see the KrisFlyer terms and conditions)

Wish I could take advantage of this.......

I see the fees above thanks

Barkinpark Feb 18, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks for this great find!

Thanks very much. I signed up for the email alert from SQ but never received much notice of any real sale. Also, this promotion is not listed in the SQ website. How did you find this out? The fare from LAX is super sweet, as most ex-USA biz fares to Asia are overpriced.

steveholt Feb 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 27926710)
Thanks very much. I signed up for the email alert from SQ but never received much notice of any real sale. Also, this promotion is not listed in the SQ website. How did you find this out? The fare from LAX is super sweet, as most ex-USA biz fares to Asia are overpriced.

SQ e-mailed me!

355F1 Feb 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 27926710)

SQ emailed me today, too.

Here is the link:

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us...esPromo_170218

Kacee Feb 18, 2017 5:31 pm

This is an awesome fare, thanks! Interesting they're offering no deals ex-SFO.

br2k Feb 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Any sample dates/links? I can't seem to actually find this fare for any date/destination.

mileageking Feb 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by br2k (Post 27927982)
Any sample dates/links? I can't seem to actually find this fare for any date/destination.

Lax-nrt-lax june1-4

DoctorORD Feb 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Fantastic fare, just purchased, thanks! Possible to upgrade to Suites/F with KF points? (if so, how many are required?)

steveholt Feb 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by br2k (Post 27927982)

Tons of availability if you follow the rules I posted in the initial post (Sun-Thu flights, 30-day maximum, 6/1-8/31.)

steveholt Feb 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorORD (Post 27928160)
Fantastic fare, just purchased, thanks! Possible to upgrade to Suites/F with KF points? (if so, how many are required?)

The SQ upgrade chart seems to suggest:

- 37.5k each way on JFK-FRA and IAH-MAN
- 62.5k on LAX-NRT and LAX-ICN

Not sure if that's 100% accurate, though, so may want to call SQ and ask. Books into D, for what it's worth.

lkar Feb 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Looks like other star alliance carriers are matching on IAH-MAN or coming close to matching with slightly more options on travel dates. The SQ schedule doesn't work for me, but I'm seeing, for example, IAH-FRA-MAN-FRA-IAH as a United marketed LH operated flight for around $2100 -- sample dates 7/13-7/31.

choff5507 Feb 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by lkar (Post 27928238)
Looks like other star alliance carriers are matching on IAH-MAN or coming close to matching with slightly more options on travel dates. The SQ schedule doesn't work for me, but I'm seeing, for example, IAH-FRA-MAN-FRA-IAH as a United marketed LH operated flight for around $2100 -- sample dates 7/13-7/31.

Any chance this is their new Polaris Product?

Im going to book this route to get me to Europe, was planning on going anyway, and I live in Houston so this is easy to get me there and I can spend a couple days in Manchester and then fly to another part of Europe for a month and come back to Manchester for my return.

On a side note, is the consensus that BA is great for point pricing for short haul flights in Europe?

jsloan Feb 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by choff5507 (Post 27928510)
Any chance this is their new Polaris Product?

It will have the Polaris soft product only (pillows, meals, etc). The new Polaris seat is currently only available on the single 77W they have in the fleet, which will start out doing long-haul routes from SFO.

ERQTraveler Feb 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks OP! Was about to buy premium economy tickets but then saw this thread. Got my tickets LAX-NRT for mid June!!! Never been on Singapore Airlines. What's the business class seat like? There are two types listed on their website.

alibedard Feb 19, 2017 9:43 am

Ua pdm - have to buy on united.com

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 27926123)
Sadly only 100% PQM when crediting to UA, but a great deal all the same.

SADLY, you can only get PDM from UA by booking on United.com and this great SIN AIR rate is only available on Singapore Air's site.

alibedard Feb 19, 2017 9:44 am

Sin air seats

Originally Posted by ERQTraveler (Post 27928745)
Thanks OP! Was about to buy premium economy tickets but then saw this thread. Got my tickets LAX-NRT for mid June!!! Never been on Singapore Airlines. What's the business class seat like? There are two types listed on their website.

Seat is dependent upon aircraft booked.

MegatopLover Feb 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Snagged this deal for myself and a colleague for a business trip to Tokyo in late summer.

Between this morning and this afternoon (US time), these Business Savers were getting snapped up. Flights we could have taken this morning were gone six hours later. Thankfully, we had a bit of flexibility and were still able to get the deal.

Note that the August 31 travel period is for the OUTBOUND segment only. You can get this deal by departing on or before August 31 and returning after August 31, as long as you're within the ticket validity period (which I think is thirty days from the outbound). We're flying back on September 5.

FWIW, when I was searching for flights, I put in TYO as the destination. I was given a choice between SQ 11/12 nonstops LAX-NRT and taking SQ to ICN then connecting to Haneda on Korean Air (oddly, not *Alliance partner Asiana). The fare via ICN was the same, so you basically get a longer TransPacific flight and a "freebie" between Korea and Tokyo. Flight times might be advantageous for some. But the 2:00 am HND-ICN flight looked pretty rough.

Incidentally, this will be my first time back on SQ longhaul in a very long time, since January 2011. Megatops are long gone. But really happy to be on an SQ 77W again.