Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ Summer J sale: JFK-FRA, IAH-MAN, LAX-ICN, LAX-TYO $1999

SQ Summer J sale: JFK-FRA, IAH-MAN, LAX-ICN, LAX-TYO $1999

Old Feb 18, 17, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by br2k View Post
Any sample dates/links? I can't seem to actually find this fare for any date/destination.
Lax-nrt-lax june1-4
Old Feb 18, 17, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA
Fantastic fare, just purchased, thanks! Possible to upgrade to Suites/F with KF points? (if so, how many are required?)
Old Feb 18, 17, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
Any sample dates/links? I can't seem to actually find this fare for any date/destination.
Tons of availability if you follow the rules I posted in the initial post (Sun-Thu flights, 30-day maximum, 6/1-8/31.)
Old Feb 18, 17, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by DoctorORD View Post
Fantastic fare, just purchased, thanks! Possible to upgrade to Suites/F with KF points? (if so, how many are required?)
The SQ upgrade chart seems to suggest:

- 37.5k each way on JFK-FRA and IAH-MAN
- 62.5k on LAX-NRT and LAX-ICN

Not sure if that's 100% accurate, though, so may want to call SQ and ask. Books into D, for what it's worth.
Old Feb 18, 17, 8:38 pm

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Looks like other star alliance carriers are matching on IAH-MAN or coming close to matching with slightly more options on travel dates. The SQ schedule doesn't work for me, but I'm seeing, for example, IAH-FRA-MAN-FRA-IAH as a United marketed LH operated flight for around $2100 -- sample dates 7/13-7/31.
Old Feb 18, 17, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by lkar View Post
Looks like other star alliance carriers are matching on IAH-MAN or coming close to matching with slightly more options on travel dates. The SQ schedule doesn't work for me, but I'm seeing, for example, IAH-FRA-MAN-FRA-IAH as a United marketed LH operated flight for around $2100 -- sample dates 7/13-7/31.
Any chance this is their new Polaris Product?

Im going to book this route to get me to Europe, was planning on going anyway, and I live in Houston so this is easy to get me there and I can spend a couple days in Manchester and then fly to another part of Europe for a month and come back to Manchester for my return.

On a side note, is the consensus that BA is great for point pricing for short haul flights in Europe?
Old Feb 19, 17, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by choff5507 View Post
Any chance this is their new Polaris Product?
It will have the Polaris soft product only (pillows, meals, etc). The new Polaris seat is currently only available on the single 77W they have in the fleet, which will start out doing long-haul routes from SFO.
Old Feb 19, 17, 12:49 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Thanks OP! Was about to buy premium economy tickets but then saw this thread. Got my tickets LAX-NRT for mid June!!! Never been on Singapore Airlines. What's the business class seat like? There are two types listed on their website.

Last edited by ERQTraveler; Feb 19, 17 at 1:07 am
Old Feb 19, 17, 10:43 am

Programs: UA AA DL BA Marriott Hilton SPG
Ua pdm - have to buy on united.com

Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
Sadly only 100% PQM when crediting to UA, but a great deal all the same.
SADLY, you can only get PDM from UA by booking on United.com and this great SIN AIR rate is only available on Singapore Air's site.
Old Feb 19, 17, 10:44 am

Programs: UA AA DL BA Marriott Hilton SPG
Sin air seats

Originally Posted by ERQTraveler View Post
Thanks OP! Was about to buy premium economy tickets but then saw this thread. Got my tickets LAX-NRT for mid June!!! Never been on Singapore Airlines. What's the business class seat like? There are two types listed on their website.
Seat is dependent upon aircraft booked.
Old Feb 19, 17, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles DM/2MM, AA EXP, IC RA, Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Snagged this deal for myself and a colleague for a business trip to Tokyo in late summer.

Between this morning and this afternoon (US time), these Business Savers were getting snapped up. Flights we could have taken this morning were gone six hours later. Thankfully, we had a bit of flexibility and were still able to get the deal.

Note that the August 31 travel period is for the OUTBOUND segment only. You can get this deal by departing on or before August 31 and returning after August 31, as long as you're within the ticket validity period (which I think is thirty days from the outbound). We're flying back on September 5.

FWIW, when I was searching for flights, I put in TYO as the destination. I was given a choice between SQ 11/12 nonstops LAX-NRT and taking SQ to ICN then connecting to Haneda on Korean Air (oddly, not *Alliance partner Asiana). The fare via ICN was the same, so you basically get a longer TransPacific flight and a "freebie" between Korea and Tokyo. Flight times might be advantageous for some. But the 2:00 am HND-ICN flight looked pretty rough.

Incidentally, this will be my first time back on SQ longhaul in a very long time, since January 2011. Megatops are long gone. But really happy to be on an SQ 77W again.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Feb 19, 17 at 5:36 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: