Ba yvr-fco $2117

Old Feb 16, 17, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Ba yvr-fco $2117

There are many, many dates open. I know this is not the rock-your-socks $1700 YVR-AMS deal we enjoyed this fall but still it's quite cheap for a Vancouver-lie flat to and from Europe.

This is on Google Flights and it says Call Iberia to book: +1‑800‑772‑4642 but I ran it on ba.com and I got $2761.39 This fare is quoted in Canadian Dollars (CAD, $) which is 2116.05 US Dollar per Google. So... it is on.

Also, Milan is $2133, Paris is $2144.

Last edited by chx1975; Feb 16, 17 at 2:44 am
Old Feb 16, 17, 5:04 pm

These are bookable through most OTAs and it appears to be all cities in Italy (CAG/NAP/VCE) and Malta too.

The YVR-MAL fare allows transit through BRU and connection to KM (air malta). I found these entirely by accident a few hours ago when I typed a 6 segment open jaw trip into ITA and thought I had failed to change class of travel to business class. I got YVR-LHR-BRU (23 hour stop)-MLA/MXP-LHR-SEA-YVR for US$2170, I was expecting to pay upwards of $8k.

I have looked them up on Expert Flyer, mostly the are matched by ALL alliances, so not just limited to BA, can be ticketed on AA/AY/IB flights numbers on OneWorld as well as ST and *A carriers offering same pricing.

The OW fares have some decent flexibility in the rules, possible to route through various US cities on the return if you wonder if you might get sick and you know, not continue on all the way to YVR. Can also be routed in a number of different ways through Europe, including HEL on AY metal.

10 day min stay may be a deal breaker for some. These are the prices that have been loaded for companion fares (at least 2 traveling together) for OW carriers for some time. It looks like on Feb 8 they filed these allowing solo travel at that price point. Set to expire at infinity, but entirely possible they start yanking them once they get enough bookings.
Old Feb 16, 17, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Great Fare! Thanks for the find,Any stopovers permitted?
Old Feb 16, 17, 6:39 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Also available on Air France's new 777 business class flying from YVR, and good to PAR.
Old Feb 16, 17, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena View Post
Great Fare! Thanks for the find,Any stopovers permitted?
Nope, these cheap fares never seem to allow stopovers (beyond 23:59 which I was able to use in my booking).

There are more cities than I initially thought, all of Italy, CDG and I think AMS too. Others?
Old Feb 16, 17, 8:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver
PRG is $2400
Old Feb 16, 17, 9:49 pm

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
Does the AARP or the chase visa code work on these fares ?
Old Feb 16, 17, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by BLRtoDFW View Post
Does the AARP or the chase visa code work on these fares ?
AARP is only good for ex-USA, Trump hasnt invaded and taken YVR from Canada yet...
Old Feb 16, 17, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by stephem View Post
AARP is only good for ex-USA, Trump hasnt invaded and taken YVR from Canada yet...
Thanks for degrading the thread with extraneous political banter.
Old Feb 16, 17, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

I am looking at a December out, January in trip and it seems only BA is offering , *A not matching yet. I am thinking on visiting Sicily on the way back, Catania is included and I definitely need some warmth in my old bones after a Hungarian xmas/new year's eve. I do not think I could get to a warmer place on this fare

Last edited by chx1975; Feb 17, 17 at 12:11 am
Old Feb 16, 17, 11:49 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by flytoeat View Post
Thanks for degrading the thread with extraneous political banter.
??? He's right, though.
Old Feb 17, 17, 11:30 am

There are several flavors of fares applicable to different city pairs so review Expert Flyer carefully.

The 10 day minimum fares I was referring to are available without any date restriction and only a 7 day advanced purchase requirement. These are coded INN7M3T3.

There are also some slightly higher fares, coded INN3V3T3 that are only 3 day advanced purchase but are scoped in allowable dates of travel (not available for travel until Jun 26 but only to Sept 6 and then again Dec 16 to Jan 08). These have a 3 day or sunday stay minimum. Markets like YVR-PRG only have this fare, so I couldnt use it for dates in May, which would have worked well for me. So I have to OJ to one of the more limited number of cities with the 10 day minimum fare.
Old Feb 17, 17, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Dec 16? That's very useful, thanks!
Old Feb 17, 17, 6:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Can't seem to find any AF flights on Google in this price range. What dates were you looking at?

Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
Also available on Air France's new 777 business class flying from YVR, and good to PAR.
Old Feb 17, 17, 10:38 pm

Available to AMS and FRA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: