Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: SJU-LAX-SJU and vv. for $730 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: SJU-LAX-SJU and vv. for $730 r/t

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I'm still seeing the fare. However, it looks like the routings via JFK have jumped to $1274-$1281, at least on the dates I am checking in April and July.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
I'm still seeing the fare. However, it looks like the routings via JFK have jumped to $1274-$1281, at least on the dates I am checking in April and July.
You are right! Another reminder that you have to quickly jump on these fares, especially if the price includes the transcon flights from LAX to JFK.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Should have jumped on that as well.

Been playing around with multiple flights and there's not much scope. Add a stop and the price goes up by Ł200-Ł300+.

Found a same day turnaround i.e. leave LAX at 00:55am and get back same day PST.

Can also get the odd LAX-MCO-MIA-LIR (late departure) / LIR-MIA-CLT-LAX (00:33am arrival) for a few extra tier points for us Brits @ Ł598.

Did find one or two that get you back into SFO at 00:57am and then you fly to LAX at 5:40am. Done that before....easy enough sitting around the airport for 3hrs and then showering and breakfasting in the Admiral's Club when it opens after 4am.

The odd bit of similar pricing for LIR but generally Tues/Wed.

Added: It would make things easier if AA.com could actually display the correct flight times.
eg AA111 from LAX-LAS. One search, with onwards travel, shows it leaves LAX at 11:05pm. Try to book it and the site won't let you. Search just for that flight at it leaves at 9:05pm.

Last edited by xenole; Feb 9, 2017 at 2:08 am
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:06 am
Used to be highman123

Aa: Lax-sju $728 rt

This comes and goes so not sure how 'new' it is.

- books into D, which is 150% on AS for instance

- usually routing via JFK works for more miles and better service
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...v-730-r-t.html
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Nice find! I see LAX-PHL-SJU for that rate, ex. https://goo.gl/flights/Pw6l. Almost as many miles as JFK, but without lie-flats. Should be approximately 8K flight miles, so 16K EQM on AA and 12K EQM on AS. up to ~8K RDM on AA and up to ~22K RDM on AS.

Works out to 6cpm for AS. For BA, I think it's 360 TP RT.

Did you find LAX-JFK-SJU or LAX-JFK-MIA-SJU on any date?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I booked LAX-MIA-SJU-MIA-LAX with a 3-class plane on the MIA-LAX sector (decided against making an extra stop this time for a flat bed).
2h32 layover in MIA on the outbound so time for a shower and breakfast after the overnight flight. 2 x lunch + dinner as well so for once it will be more than just diet Dr Pepper on nearly every flight

JFK would have been preferred or a flat bed on the outbound, but assuming all goes to plan, can technically do it all in a day and I get back to LAX before 9pm.

Blew a $500 transportation voucher on it so a little over $200.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
Thanks to this thread we've just booked our first deliberate TP run. We're in LAX early April and needed to be in MIA. It was far more cost effective to fly via SJU. Probably not the best deal but at $2.30 a TP and using day flights at reasonable times, we have no complaints.. In the past flying business to MIA would have seemed an unnecessary extravagance, but again thanks to FT we now measure cost by TP's
LAX-SJU via MIA. Next day SJU- MIA. Week later MIA-LAX. 360 TP's
I'm also grateful to the links that take you straight to the American google searches in $'s. From the UK I can only get Ł's. Booking in dollars allows us to use the American credit card with 3% cash back. I'm quite sure someone will know a better way to use google search in $'s but I haven't found out other than using someone else's link.
Thank you all again for your searches.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Light Travellers
Thanks to this thread we've just booked our first deliberate TP run. We're in LAX early April and needed to be in MIA. It was far more cost effective to fly via SJU. Probably not the best deal but at $2.30 a TP and using day flights at reasonable times, we have no complaints.. In the past flying business to MIA would have seemed an unnecessary extravagance, but again thanks to FT we now measure cost by TP's
LAX-SJU via MIA. Next day SJU- MIA. Week later MIA-LAX. 360 TP's
I'm also grateful to the links that take you straight to the American google searches in $'s. From the UK I can only get Ł's. Booking in dollars allows us to use the American credit card with 3% cash back. I'm quite sure someone will know a better way to use google search in $'s but I haven't found out other than using someone else's link.
Thank you all again for your searches.
"the American credit card with 3% cash back"? Please elaborate.

Have you tried using "https://www.google.us"? For me in the US that redirects to google.com; for you, who knows. Worth a try?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:38 pm

I just got a "Schedule Change" email and they changed my original JFK routing through Miami instead.
So now I'm doing LAX-MIA-SJU-MIA-JFK. My return flight thankfully didnt change for JFK-LAX.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
"the American credit card with 3% cash back"? Please elaborate.

Have you tried using "https://www.google.us"? For me in the US that redirects to google.com; for you, who knows. Worth a try?
Apologies for the typo it should have been 1% with BOA. 3% is for fuel.
I have tried google.us but it reverts to .co.uk
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: AA UA IHG Hilton Marriott SPG
ORD-SJU-ORD for 17600 EQM

Came on this by playing on google flights: ORD-DEN-LAX-CLT-SJU-MIA-JFK-CLT-ORD Books in I and D. $1440 for 17600+ EQM Apr 30-May 3 3 nts in SJU Painful, but not a bad return for domestic MR
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So a LAX-MIA-SJU or via JFK earns 11x for an EXP plus 200% EQM? Via JFK does that mean roughly 16k EQM??
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So a LAX-MIA-SJU or via JFK earns 11x for an EXP plus 200% EQM? Via JFK does that mean roughly 16k EQM??
LAX-JFK-SJU round trip is 8146 miles. So, yes, in discount first/business (probably fare class I or D) you earn 16,292 EQM. Your RDM will be 11x your EQD, and the latter would be something under 700 for a $728 fare.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:38 pm

Wonder if this would be a worthy MR if crediting to JL. ~8500 miles to JAL Mileage Bank via MIA.

Last edited by princesakura; Feb 17, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.