Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OTP-JFK $1435 RT in Biz on BA

Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

In ten years of flying this route, I've never seen it cheaper. Bucharest to JFK (and back!) in Biz on BA for <$1500. Availability starts June 30th. Search in Google Flights to get an idea. Budapest seems to be a slightly cheaper departure point.

I booked a ticket returning from MIA for $1648 directly on BA's site. I found returns from Boston for prices still under $1500.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
This fare comes and goes all the time, and as usual you can go to PHX for about the same price if you want the west coast (or close to it).
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Anything similar backwards? Ie roughly west coast to roughly eastern europe ?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
How do I check if this fare is upgradable to F?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
How do I check if this fare is upgradable to F?
Any paid business fare on BA and ticketed by BA (not through any other carrier, third-party site, travel agent, etc.) should be upgradable to F, if upgrade space is available. Go to BA's website, and if you can book an F award seat on the flight on the date you are looking for, you should be able to upgrade. At least that's the approach I used on a business class ticket I booked with BA last year, and it worked for me.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
To answer the question as to whether the fare is upgradeable, booking via AA the long haul legs book into I which is an upgradeable fare bucket (subject to award availability).
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by obduro
To answer the question as to whether the fare is upgradeable, booking via AA the long haul legs book into I which is an upgradeable fare bucket (subject to award availability).
If you want to upgrade using Avios then you must be both booked on the BA prime flight number, and NOT the AA codeshare, AND ticketed on 125 stock. If you booked via a TA then you can have only BA codes flights and metal and will still be able to upgrade using Avios, if you book directly with BA then you can include other carriers for connections.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Airprox
If you want to upgrade using Avios then you must be both booked on the BA prime flight number, and NOT the AA codeshare, AND ticketed on 125 stock. If you booked via a TA then you can have only BA codes flights and metal and will still be able to upgrade using Avios, if you book directly with BA then you can include other carriers for connections.
I think the poster who asked the question about whether the fare is upgradeable is part of AAdvantage not BAEC, so the Avios may be a moot point for their situation.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by obduro
I think the poster who asked the question about whether the fare is upgradeable is part of AAdvantage not BAEC, so the Avios may be a moot point for their situation.
Hi,

thanks all for the answer. I am indeed looking to upgrade with Avios, but F availability tends to be scarce on the TA segment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.