FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   ZRH-West Coast SkyTeam/Star Alliance from $1750 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1818027-zrh-west-coast-skyteam-star-alliance-1750-a.html)

rosenkavalier Jan 27, 2017 4:09 am

ZRH-West Coast SkyTeam/Star Alliance from $1750

Hi there, having had many good deals in the past from this forum, I thought I would mention something I saw last night...
Someone on the BA forum mentioned very discreetly that SkyTeam was having a sale ex-ZRH to LAX...
I checked for SFO and SJC and also found good prices for July/August.

AF/KL/DL for around $1750
LX/LH/UA for around $1950

Purchase by 5 Feb 2017.

In the end I went for KL as its cheaper and earns more miles on AS than the P fare on *A.

However, you have to be a bit of a detective to get the right flights. For SFO, the only flights that were showing at this price were on DL, which for me is not the first choice...however, if you change the POS to SFO for example, its a bit of an open sesame effect where magically KL and AF flights are also available for this price. So, use airfrance.us to do your search or if you use matrix, change the POS to a US city to get better inventory. I found this out by chance as my browser is set to the US site of AF. I booked KL flights on the 789 to SFO but funnily enough, couldn't get these flights to show even on the US site of KL, only US site of AF. Can someone explain this?

daniellovesflying Jan 27, 2017 7:11 am

Fare also works from ARN and GOT, though not sure this is the best deal. Can't explain the booking site issues, but have experienced the same with KLM as well!

rosenkavalier Jan 27, 2017 11:24 am

Well, its certainly not like the good deals ex-DUB, but for ZRH, which is usually very expensive and rarely sees promos, its not bad at all, especially when you have to factor in the flight and hotel costs of positioning at DUB/AMS/ARN etc...

Anyway, it seems like SkyTeam has pulled the fare this afternoon, so now only available on Star Alliance for $200 more...

cesco.g Jan 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up, rk!
Was anybody able to price flights on LX, LH, UA ex-ZRH/GVA/BSL?

Edit: Found ZRH-LAX $ 1926 ai on LX n/s 777; sample dates 7/12 - 7/19.

rosenkavalier Jan 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Yes, I still see quite a bit of LX availability for ZRH-SFO end of July, at CHF 1950...directly from swiss.com
Pity SkyTeam pulled their fares so quickly and oneworld never really got in on the act this time...

chx1975 Jan 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Anything backwards? Roughly west coast to roughly central europe?

rosenkavalier Feb 1, 2017 4:03 am

Not that I know of...unfortunately. I saw a premium economy promo a while back on VS/DL SJC-MAN on this forum, but otherwise it seems like most of the trans-atlantic promos seem to originate in Europe...best bet would be to look out for a BA promo and combine with the AARP discount...(which has been halved for business and first grrrrrr...)