Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA Costa Rica :-LAX-LAS-PHX-PHL-CLT-MCO-MIA-LIR r/t in First ~800$(2017's PTY Fare :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Costa Rica :-LAX-LAS-PHX-PHL-CLT-MCO-MIA-LIR r/t in First ~800$(2017's PTY Fare :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Any help on how to book this?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by steveholt
Any help on how to book this?
Price it up on Matrix and use bookwithmatrix.com that will let you either book with AA or priceline
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Price it up on Matrix and use bookwithmatrix.com that will let you either book with AA or priceline
Thanks! Used PowerTools to book.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Looks like you can get it down to $675 for a slightly more direct routing. LAX-MCO-MIA-LIR-MIA-DFW. Might be able to play with it to get better planes.

That would be about 14.5k EQM at about 4.6 cents per EQM.

https://goo.gl/flights/Ey8e
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by John DELTA
How would this look credited to AS's MileagePlan program. Coupled with the insane VX Mileage Runs (for as cheap as $128) this could be another addition to re-qualify on Alaska/Virgin.
That depends on what itinerary you'd like. You can get LAX-MIA-LIR-MIA-LAX for $670, and for Alaska you'll get 10.3K miles (plus whatever bonus your current status guarantees). If you fly all of segments OP mentioned it'll depend on how Alaska counts partner miles. If it still does 500 minimum (i.e. if it's less than 500 then it is 500), then it's going to be 7K one way, and then probably close to it for the round trip. To be honest I'd rather do two LAX-MIA-LIR-MIA-LAX runs - it's a bit more money, but you don't spend on hotels, get more miles, and you get lie flats on LAX-MIA segments.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:44 pm

By the way, while it's unrelated, but it's a fairly fun one - YVR-LAX-SAL can be had for 580 USD. Would book into G,Z classes, and you do a one hour (!) turnaround in SAL 8.5K miles to Alaska (assuming you fly before they cut their partnership).
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:10 pm

For those looking for hotels, there's a Hilton Garden Inn at the airport and an Andaz a half hour away.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:57 am

Looks pretty nice. How much would the points for this trip be worth? (estimated)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
I have visited Bermuda and Panama. Must be time to visit Costa Rica.

(580 QF SC if my maths serves me correctly.)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:40 am

One of the best ways I have found to get the optimal routing is to book a sub-optimal routing at the low price, then hope/pray that you get a schedule change*, then get AA to route you on your preferred itinerary (risk is that the schedule change then does not all for the optimal journey anyway!).

* booking on AA more than 6 months in advance on a 16 sector itinerary is highly guaranteed to see some sort of schedule change, IME
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:53 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Great fare, wonder fare. I would book one, but I am maxed out on cheap one world fares this year and will end with well over 3500 TP's from all the cheap QR / AA / BA / MH fares over the last few months.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
Aside from the A321 transcons with lie flats LAX-MIA, what other good metal is routable on this fare?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Aside from the A321 transcons with lie flats LAX-MIA, what other good metal is routable on this fare?
Depends on what your definition of good metal is.

If comparison with BA CE, then any thing except one of the regional jets is good.

If compared to A321T, then nothing really, except as you noted, the LAX-MIA lieflats. There are some 787s operating (I think) between ORD and DFW, but no idea on how frequent this is.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
I have visited Bermuda and Panama. Must be time to visit Costa Rica.

(580 QF SC if my maths serves me correctly.)
550 QF SC. This books in I fare which has been recoded for QF as a business class since 11 Jan 2017
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AA GOLD
Originally Posted by armouredant
AA doesn't fly the A321T between LAX and MIA. They do, however, fly a three-class 77W for one flight a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.