Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: SFO-EWR-SJU rt $1014 (all lie flat)

UA: SFO-EWR-SJU rt $1014 (all lie flat)

Old Jan 13, 17, 1:03 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lafayette, CA
Programs: UA Gold, AA PLAT, SPG PLAT,Marriott Plat, HYATT PLAT, National Exec
Posts: 31
UA: SFO-EWR-SJU rt $1014 (all lie flat)

Seeing SFO-EWR-SJU RT for $1,014 (same day turns and all lie flat)

Not the best price i've seen for this route but keep in mind you can get lie flats the whole way (PS 752 to EWR & 777 to SJU).

(11/3 & 11/4 for example).

I calculate 16,692 PQM with COS bonus which comes out to 6.07 CPM. Wide availability and maybe even cheaper if you play with the dates.
dcirvine33 is offline  
Old Jan 13, 17, 1:33 pm
  #2  
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG, SFO, NYC
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Posts: 2,835
This is not toooooo bad; but would be nice for a bit less.
helvetic is offline  
Old Jan 13, 17, 2:02 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SFO, LON
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 195
Are you sure the 777s on EWR-SJU are the intl lie flat config? Google Flights seems to suggest that, at least on the dates I tried, the 777s are the recliner config.
EDIT: Ah, nevermind -- later dates are in fact lie flat, but some earlier dates are not. Check before booking!
nickab is offline  
Old Jan 13, 17, 2:30 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,145
These are very good fares, especially since they are not subject to a minimum purchase restriction (whereas the $1300 P fare on SFO-EWR is either a 21 or 30 day fare).

Last time I checked, you could book it with a stopover in NYC.
Kacee is offline  
Old Jan 13, 17, 4:57 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver
Posts: 465
Originally Posted by dcirvine33 View Post
Seeing SFO-EWR-SJU RT for $1,014 (same day turns and all lie flat)

Not the best price i've seen for this route but keep in mind you can get lie flats the whole way (PS 752 to EWR & 777 to SJU).

(11/3 & 11/4 for example).

I calculate 16,692 PQM with COS bonus which comes out to 6.07 CPM. Wide availability and maybe even cheaper if you play with the dates.
Works one way at 1/2 price which can come in handy... once a year or so per airline.
SFOPeter is offline  
Old Jan 14, 17, 11:16 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SIN / FRA
Programs: UA MP - 1K
Posts: 666
NEW Polaris J seats

Just checked out this fare, saw that you can fly the new 773-ER Polaris seats (date searched April 5th, 11.30am departure, flight UA 535).
tnkngn is offline  
Old Jan 14, 17, 12:06 pm
  #7  
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG, SFO, NYC
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Posts: 2,835
Originally Posted by tnkngn View Post
Just checked out this fare, saw that you can fly the new 773-ER Polaris seats (date searched April 5th, 11.30am departure, flight UA 535).
Can't seem to price it out, especially at the $500 one-way price. Best I can do is $1500 roundtrip.
helvetic is offline  
Old Jan 14, 17, 11:31 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SIN / FRA
Programs: UA MP - 1K
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
Can't seem to price it out, especially at the $500 one-way price. Best I can do is $1500 roundtrip.
I see US $1321, outbound April 5th, returning April 6th if going via EWR both ways.
If you are flexible and you can return via IAH on return flight, price drops to US$ 1160.
tnkngn is offline  
Old Jan 15, 17, 2:14 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver
Posts: 465
Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
Can't seem to price it out, especially at the $500 one-way price. Best I can do is $1500 roundtrip.
Here's how to do it in ita matrix

SFOPeter is offline  
Old Jan 15, 17, 12:28 pm
  #10  
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG, SFO, NYC
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Posts: 2,835
Originally Posted by SFOPeter View Post
Here's how to do it in ita matrix

Yes, I'm well aware of how to use ITA Matrix . The issue I'm talking about is pricing out the itinerary on UA's new 77Ws.

See if you can do it, I haven't been able to:

Code:
From: SFO
Outbound routing codes: UA55,UA535,UA443 UA+ / aircraft t:777
To: SJU
Return routing codes:
Note that the 777 that you show in your screenshots is a 772 with crappy old seats.
helvetic is offline  
Old Jan 15, 17, 12:36 pm
  #11  
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG, SFO, NYC
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Posts: 2,835
On second thought, seems I can price it ($510/$580) with the transcon on 77W and the EWR-SJU on a 737
helvetic is offline  
Old Jan 17, 17, 12:49 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver
Posts: 465
Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
Yes, I'm well aware of how to use ITA Matrix . The issue I'm talking about is pricing out the itinerary on UA's new 77Ws.
Ah sorry misread what you were saying, thought you couldn't get it to price out at all. Glad you found the seats you were looking for.
SFOPeter is offline  
Old Jan 19, 17, 8:04 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YTO
Programs: UA 1K, Aeroplan Victim, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, HHonors Diamond NEXUS/GE/TSAPre
Posts: 59
I don't see any routing SFO EWR SJU now.... looks like PS is not an option without the price going WAY up... $1830++. SFO ORD SJU and SFO IAD SJU are the best for miles.... no 777 though.

Edit: it is there, but the PS routes are booking into Z, not P, even though P is available...

Last edited by w0rldtravlr; Jan 19, 17 at 8:36 am
w0rldtravlr is offline  
Old Jan 19, 17, 9:29 am
  #14  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,145
Originally Posted by w0rldtravlr View Post
I don't see any routing SFO EWR SJU now.... looks like PS is not an option without the price going WAY up... $1830++. SFO ORD SJU and SFO IAD SJU are the best for miles.... no 777 though.

Edit: it is there, but the PS routes are booking into Z, not P, even though P is available...
Yeah they seem to have fixed this so it only books into Z on ps. Cheapest fare I can find via EWR is now $1494.
Kacee is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: