QR First HBE-CDG 992

Old Jan 13, 17, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
QR First HBE-CDG 992

Spotted this the other day, realise there are a lot of cheap Egypt departures currently but hadn't seen this one yet and sub-1,000 for a QR A380 return flight not to be sniffed at! LHR possible for c.1,100 but that requires you to book the LHR sectors on a BA-operated flight or the price jumps by c.300 each way. Both are quite a bit cheaper than ex-CAI if you can get there -

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...BE1QR1317;sc=f
Old Jan 13, 17, 12:36 pm

Programs: British Airways
thanks for this. what a great deal. Now I just need to find a cheap one way ticket to HBE from London, so I cant start the trip from there Any suggestions?
Old Jan 14, 17, 8:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Does this fare qualify for free overnight accommodation provided by QR?
Old Jan 14, 17, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
Does this fare qualify for free overnight accommodation provided by QR?
Yes, if the option available is longer than 8 hr layover. If not, they can decline you. I have had this happen 50% of the time.
Old Jan 14, 17, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by thelister View Post
Yes, if the option available is longer than 8 hr layover. If not, they can decline you. I have had this happen 50% of the time.
The rules are quite unclear for the QR STPC. An 8 hour layover isn't necessarily a guarantee that you qualify - it's only a guarantee if there are literally no other flights you could take (that were either more expensive or sold out) that were under 8 hours connection.

Worth checking the QR forum as there's a long thread on it, detailing people's experiences and the generally assumed rules
Old Jan 14, 17, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by Bela Molnar View Post
thanks for this. what a great deal. Now I just need to find a cheap one way ticket to HBE from London, so I cant start the trip from there Any suggestions?
I booked Ryanair STN-MXP for 13 then Meridiana MXP-CAI for 64. The latter fly 4 times a week. You could then take a train from Cairo up to Alexandria.
Old Jan 14, 17, 10:56 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC Gold GL, TK Gold
Good luck on Meridiana actually flying. They have huge issues to run their normal business due to crew and pilot shortage (and money).
Old Jan 14, 17, 3:02 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Good price, espeiclally one way pricing.
Old Jan 14, 17, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by obduro View Post
The rules are quite unclear for the QR STPC. An 8 hour layover isn't necessarily a guarantee that you qualify - it's only a guarantee if there are literally no other flights you could take (that were either more expensive or sold out) that were under 8 hours connection.

Worth checking the QR forum as there's a long thread on it, detailing people's experiences and the generally assumed rules
This is the link to the QR STPC thread where the STPC rules as they are currently understood and usually implemented are described in considerable detail.
Old Jan 14, 17, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
This is the link to the QR STPC thread where the STPC rules as they are currently understood and usually implemented are described in considerable detail.
Thanks for following up!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: