Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250

Old Jan 12, 17, 4:55 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 180
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250

Similar to the Skyteam Madrid deal, this has wide open availability connecting thru any of LHR/MAD/ORY/DUB. Seems to book into I.

Sample flights: https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...;tt=m;sc=b;s=1

I tried a few other US destinations but couldn't get a similar price, I'm sure someone else can tweak.
hartwith is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 5:12 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 48
Also from CDG/ORY for 50€ less
canadou is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 5:43 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 89
Down to 1033 euros (£896) if you start in FCO and finish in CDG!

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...KCDG0AA44;sc=b
richonlybyname is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 5:46 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 396
also from Amsterdam -
HeidiInTheAlps is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 6:32 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG
Posts: 129
Trying to work an itinerary with a longer flight on the return (more miles and longer experience in J)

​​​​E.g

FCO - NYC
NYC- MIA
MIA- FCO

Mid February

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Premier01
premier01 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 6:42 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London
Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Posts: 523
Originally Posted by premier01 View Post
Trying to work an itinerary with a longer flight on the return (more miles and longer experience in J)

​​​​E.g

FCO - NYC
NYC- MIA
MIA- FCO

Mid February

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Premier01
try searching LGA specifically.
LSunbury is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 7:12 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: LHR, LGW
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 1,957
Does this allow stopovers? I'm looking, ideally, for a XXX-LHR-JFK-MIA-LHR-XXX with a stopover in both JFK & MIA.

Thanks,
rockflyertalk is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 7:42 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC/MXP
Programs: UA 1K/ AZ CFP
Posts: 344
Great fare. It'd be great if *A would match
GrizNation is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 8:08 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
Posts: 85
Return to EDI for only GBP £100 more... on the direct NYC-EDI, though 757
Nagolnagol is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 8:41 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 689
Need some help booking this.
When I click the book now link in GF it takes me to a blank AA booking page.
I enter the same airports and dates and the AA search only shows me BA flights that are twice as expensive?

I don't know why it wont take me to bookaa.amadeus.com?
tried IE and Chrome
Cheers.

Last edited by Croupier; Jan 12, 17 at 8:46 am
Croupier is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 9:12 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Croupier View Post
Need some help booking this.
When I click the book now link in GF it takes me to a blank AA booking page.
I enter the same airports and dates and the AA search only shows me BA flights that are twice as expensive?

I don't know why it wont take me to bookaa.amadeus.com?
tried IE and Chrome
Cheers.
My searches came out fine. What are your dates and cities?
nanami is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 9:19 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 155
Route via London possible?
Marco159 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 9:28 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sydney
Programs: QF Gold (LTS) and VA Gold
Posts: 834
Originally Posted by Croupier View Post
Need some help booking this.
When I click the book now link in GF it takes me to a blank AA booking page.
I enter the same airports and dates and the AA search only shows me BA flights that are twice as expensive?

I don't know why it wont take me to bookaa.amadeus.com?
tried IE and Chrome
Cheers.
Last year when I tried to do CDG-ORD (23:55 connection)-EWR¦stop¦LGA-PHL-CDG which met all the fare rules (on a super discounted priced J ticket) which worked on google flights and ITA but seemingly wouldn't stick on all the usual online booking services (AA, expedia etc) at the suggestion of someone on here I called AA who very efficiently booked and ticketed it and waived the £10/ticket telephone booking fee because it wouldn't price on the internet.
luftaom is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 9:32 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by Marco159 View Post
Route via London possible?
sorry - yes is possible.
Marco159 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 10:23 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 689
Originally Posted by luftaom View Post
Last year when I tried to do CDG-ORD (23:55 connection)-EWR¦stop¦LGA-PHL-CDG which met all the fare rules (on a super discounted priced J ticket) which worked on google flights and ITA but seemingly wouldn't stick on all the usual online booking services (AA, expedia etc) at the suggestion of someone on here I called AA who very efficiently booked and ticketed it and waived the £10/ticket telephone booking fee because it wouldn't price on the internet.
Interesting, I also called and they, AA, can see only one of the IB flights ex AMS and ex JFK, pity but it mans a long layover in MAD on the return and an early start out of AMS

Originally Posted by nanami View Post
My searches came out fine. What are your dates and cities?
FYI and a data point, I searched the same flights and dates from my iPhone and was able to directly link to the correct booking page on AA? weird, so I installed safari on my win laptop, failed same problem with link. Fired up the old iMac and was also able to book directly online? Craziness.

Any how in the end I need to book via call centre as Im trying to change a existing super cheap flight I booked (thx to this forum) RTM-ORD, so as long as I keep the country the same I can change so AMS-JFK is doable.
My concern now is total cost of my original ticket 880 USD, new ticket with fees and fare difference 1576 USD, still a pretty good price, however my goal is to get to west coast USA?

Do I
A: Hold off till closer to departure (20th Feb) in hope of a good OW sale to west coast USA from Netherlands?
B: Bite the bullet and book now to JFK? (risky if my plans change again, more money lost)
C: No show and forfeit 880 USD
D: See if I can somehow scam a refund from AMEX for original booking?

ARGHHH damn you FT premium fare deals thread for making me book great deals ;-)

EDIT:
Oh and
E: Quit my job and just fly the original booking? )))
Croupier is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: