Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AF: New La Premiere $6.2-6.8k R/T SFO-LAX-CDG-BCN and return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF: New La Premiere $6.2-6.8k R/T SFO-LAX-CDG-BCN and return

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by temporarilySFO
I suppose "reasonable" varies pretty widely around here. Last summer I grabbed a r/t SFO-CDG-IST DL fare (on AF metal) that was <$1400.

Flew over on AF's A380 and A320. The TATL segment doesn't have a lie-flat seat and the domestic leg is just an economy seat with good food. Not bad but not fantastic. I'd probably only pay more to fly on AF's new business class. DL/KLM metal might be more appealing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
This might be verging towards OT, but I did one of the same fares and did one direction on AF on an angled NEV4 seat on a 777 and the other on KL on a reverse-herringbone 787.

The KLM seat on the TATL was nicer, of course, but AF beat it out in every other way. The food and service and lounges and just about everything else on KL left a lot to be desired. And Air France really impressed me in every way except the seat.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:35 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'm thinking the low end way to do this is to fly AF J and pay up for the fancy lounge instead

While we're scheming for AF F, is it possible to include it in a Skyteam RTW?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
I'm thinking the low end way to do this is to fly AF J and pay up for the fancy lounge instead
Pretty sure you can only do that if your flight doesn't offer F class.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's also a limited number of such offers and not cheap. You can't just show up at the door of the AF La Premiere lounge at CDG with your credit card.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
It certainly is not cheap but it's the lowest price I have seen from the west coast to europe in (new) first. And includes a lot of quality time in the fantastic cdg first salon
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:13 pm

Choose another city. This can be had for ~$4,500 if you fly from OAK to most cities in Scandinavia - CPH/OSL/ARN/etc.
https://goo.gl/flights/uaMC
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Choose another city. This can be had for ~$4,500 if you fly from OAK to most cities in Scandinavia - CPH/OSL/ARN/etc.
Now that's a good deal!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Oh nice one ! Thanks ! (already booked my barcelone trip but scandinavia this summer or next sounds great)
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Similar pricing from SAN as well.
SAN-LAX-CDG-CPH for $4,486.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Veering a bit off topic, but similar prices out of Boston on LX and LH in September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.