Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Thank you henkybaby ^
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:39 am

WAW-LAX in Y+ is available for approx. 730 EUR. Of course, it's more expensive than ex ARN or OSL, but for some people it might be also worth of consideration...
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
CPH works too
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:24 am

If anyone can use a GUF on these flights please report back, everytime I try the fare jumps to around £800-1k pp making it not really attractive.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by SvenAge
i think ARN is cheaper at 570 euros

Also Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Bahrain, Doha

Different rules though

TLNCSALE

PERMITTED 04JAN 17 THROUGH 28MAR 17 OR 11SEP 17 THROUGH
30NOV 17 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/AFTER 04JAN 17 AND ON/BEFORE
01FEB 17.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Less of a good deal but several other EU airports work for €725 (DUS LAX), €745 (PRG LAX) or €845 (AMS/RTM LAX). If you can find better connections or cheaper positioning (or none...) it may be worth looking into that.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Found STR and HAJ too for Germany based folks
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
There is probably a very complicated but possible way to pop this onto the babybus, but I can't figure it out. I imagine it would necessitate a phone call.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:35 am

for anyone looking at LAS, there's an option on select dates for 500£
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

What is WTP? Is it E+ ?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by bwiadca
What is WTP? Is it E+ ?
it is basically what economy should be.
it's an extra 6 or 7 inches of legroom. it has a footstall to limit you stretching out. on the newer planes it has a recline function that means the person behind can't eat their meal. you get a business class meal served in foil.. and the crew are generally miserable. it's worth about 150/200 over economy if you're tall.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SvenAge
it is basically what economy should be.
it's an extra 6 or 7 inches of legroom. it has a footstall to limit you stretching out. on the newer planes it has a recline function that means the person behind can't eat their meal. you get a business class meal served in foil.. and the crew are generally miserable. it's worth about 150/200 over economy if you're tall.
To add to the positives that SvenAge mentioned, you also have a smaller and quieter cabin. You also have the ability to upgrade to Club World with avios and also sometimes get upgrade offers in MMB. More tier points and avios also.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:08 pm

https://www.google.nl/flights/#searc...c=p;a=ONEWORLD

from Francfort for 600€
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
To add to the positives that SvenAge mentioned, you also have a smaller and quieter cabin. You also have the ability to upgrade to Club World with avios and also sometimes get upgrade offers in MMB. More tier points and avios also.
WTP is not the same as Economy Plus on US airlines. It is not just a few more inches. Especially if you can have an A380 or B787 route. For a couple the window seats are pretty good. Are there better PE products out there? Yes. As said the main attraction is the ability to Upgrade using Avios or the Airport / Proactive Upgrade Offers. They are of course not guaranteed. It is however a much better product than economy.

I like it on a day flight. Night flight I would prefer an upgrade.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by henkybaby
WTP is not the same as Economy Plus on US airlines. It is not just a few more inches. Especially if you can have an A380 or B787 route. For a couple the window seats are pretty good. Are there better PE products out there? Yes. As said the main attraction is the ability to Upgrade using Avios or the Airport / Proactive Upgrade Offers. They are of course not guaranteed. It is however a much better product than economy.

I like it on a day flight. Night flight I would prefer an upgrade.
You are spot on. I am fine with new WTP on day flight and CW on night flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.