Go Back   > > >
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 5, 17, 3:21 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: YVR | SEA
Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Posts: 336
BA LUX-JNB rt in J $2053 1666GBP

Pretty wide availability, just booked one Jan 25th-Feb 10th

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...2-10;tt=m;sc=b
redadeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 3:29 am   #2
  
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 868
200 cheaper starting from FRA or DUS - if you are fine with a LUX start, I'd recommend cancelling under the 24hr rule and rebooking from DUS and pocketing the 200 saving - will buy a few meals/bottles of wine in SA!

Pilot37
Pilot37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 3:44 am   #3
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: YVR | SEA
Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot37 View Post
200 cheaper starting from FRA or DUS - if you are fine with a LUX start, I'd recommend cancelling under the 24hr rule and rebooking from DUS and pocketing the 200 saving - will buy a few meals/bottles of wine in SA!

Pilot37
I have to be in LUX for a few days prior to the 25th until a couple hours before the last BA flight to LHR, trains to FRA/DUS take 4 hours
Good catch though so I'll change it to an open jaw ending in FRA for $120 worth of SA wine.
redadeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 7:15 am   #4
  
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LAX/OXR/BUR/SAN/YYZ/YKF/BUF
Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Kimpton IC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Posts: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by redadeco View Post
I have to be in LUX for a few days prior to the 25th until a couple hours before the last BA flight to LHR, trains to FRA/DUS take 4 hours
Good catch though so I'll change it to an open jaw ending in FRA for $120 worth of SA wine.
$120 of SA wine can buy a case of really good stuff ;-)
N1120A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 7:23 am   #5
  
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, SPG Plat
Posts: 19
Starting and finishing is LIS brings the price down to 1385

https://goo.gl/flights/u9oY
LondonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 7:45 am   #6
AJO
  
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Netherlands
Programs: BA | Hertz | SPG | Flying Blue
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonMike View Post
Starting and finishing is LIS brings the price down to 1385

https://goo.gl/flights/u9oY
Starting from OPO should be even lower (1363 GBP), although this is apparently not bookable online: https://goo.gl/flights/Yokk
AJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 8:48 am   #7
  
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, SPG Plat
Posts: 19
I have been trying to also price this out to CPT, but can't get it below 1800.
Anybody else any idea?
LondonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 2:27 pm   #8
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: YVR | SEA
Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonMike View Post
I have been trying to also price this out to CPT, but can't get it below 1800.
Anybody else any idea?
JNB-CPT is easy to grab separately using cash or Avios on Comair.

I am headed to CPT so I just shelled out 13500 avios for a RT.
redadeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 17, 1:41 am   #9
  
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, SPG Plat
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by redadeco View Post
JNB-CPT is easy to grab separately using cash or Avios on Comair.

I am headed to CPT so I just shelled out 13500 avios for a RT.

Yes true, very easy. Only annoying thing is that BA won't check through baggage anymore.
LondonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 17, 1:44 am   #10
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
  
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Posts: 3,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonMike View Post
Yes true, very easy. Only annoying thing is that BA won't check through baggage anymore.
But you have to claim bags and recheck at JNB anyway (to clear customs at first point of entry into SA); and I would imagine that Comair would still through-check on the return [caveat - I never check bags so don't *know*]
Stewie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 17, 2:26 am   #11
  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonMike View Post
I have been trying to also price this out to CPT, but can't get it below 1800.
Anybody else any idea?
Via AMS I found prices ~1495 (e.g. 16/3-24/3)
RasmusH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top