Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Aa cai-lax i fare us$1500

Aa cai-lax i fare us$1500

Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stephem
Wow, only a US$35 change or cancellation fee listed in the fare rules. AA says it is business flexible fare and has no change fee at all, but there is definitely a $35 charge.

Wow, if the fee to change/cancel is actually $35, I might have to bite.

Also didn't want to post a new thread, but found this fare as well on QR

HBE-LAX for around $1200

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...BE2QR1317;sc=b

Going to QRs website prices it out almost double. Was wondering if some of the most experienced Flyertalkers can see if this is a garbage fare or it actually exists somewhere
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Makes sense, am starting to do that with my kids biz tickets on OW carriers, AS is the last of the promised land for decent RDMs based on distance and a good COS bonus!

BTW- Momondo is probably the best online aggregator of OTAs, many you have probably never heard of, but sometimes you can shave a few hundred off due to currency FX, slightly different taxes, etc. I have never had a problem with the more obscure ones on there. But agree, for the full 24 hours, Exp or equivalent is the way to go.
Yeah totally agree. I am torn at this point. My rule of thumb is if I/J+ is to go w/ lower cpm. The AA $1526 is .036 vs .029 w/ AS even with the additional $182 out of pocket.

Since i need to get back from CAI in Oct, i was looking at the EK CAI-PEK in J for $920, but then i need to buy another ticket, possibly on AA and pray for SWU...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Coffee84
Yeah totally agree. I am torn at this point. My rule of thumb is if I/J+ is to go w/ lower cpm. The AA $1526 is .036 vs .029 w/ AS even with the additional $182 out of pocket.

Since i need to get back from CAI in Oct, i was looking at the EK CAI-PEK in J for $920, but then i need to buy another ticket, possibly on AA and pray for SWU...
Definitely take this, great deal, and leave yourself a 23 hour stop on the return in LHR so you can more easily terminate in LHR if you dont plan to go back to CAI. BTW, the lower cost IB fare doesnt seem bookable, it is fixed routing as opposed to MPM and seems to require CAI-MAD/BCN routing, but I dont think IB actually flies that...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:07 pm

Definitely take this, great deal, and leave yourself a 23 hour stop on the return in LHR so you can more easily terminate in LHR if you dont plan to go back to CAI. BTW, the lower cost IB fare doesnt seem bookable, it is fixed routing as opposed to MPM and seems to require CAI-MAD/BCN routing, but I dont think IB actually flies that...
I went with it, i know a lot of people don't like Club World, but I really don't mind it w/ a rev facing A or K seat. thanks for your advice ! merci beaucoup
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA
There are possibilities of routing CAI-DOH-LHR-LAX, 1300-400
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:07 pm

So I was able to price it out on the AA Korean website. Based on my experience with the recent SEL-JFK JL F fare, this might be a good way to get the EQD credited by distance when flying AA coded flights, but I cannot confirm it will work the same.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Coffee84
I went with it, i know a lot of people don't like Club World, but I really don't mind it w/ a rev facing A or K seat. thanks for your advice ! merci beaucoup
Don't forget that for pretty much any transatlantic fare, IB, BA and AA will usually file a similar or exact fare, but also, you can get pretty much any transatlantic flight, whether BA/IB/AA operated with a BA/AA/IB code. So you can get a BA issued ticket with BA coded AA metal (say LHR-DFW or LHR-LAX). That is ideal for running up maximum RDMs. By the same token, you can get all AA flight #s (even on BA metal) to take advantage of 2x EQM if you care more about EQMs.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody found a similar/matching *-fare ?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:26 pm

Don't forget that for pretty much any transatlantic fare, IB, BA and AA will usually file a similar or exact fare, but also, you can get pretty much any transatlantic flight, whether BA/IB/AA operated with a BA/AA/IB code. So you can get a BA issued ticket with BA coded AA metal (say LHR-DFW or LHR-LAX). That is ideal for running up maximum RDMs. By the same token, you can get all AA flight #s (even on BA metal) to take advantage of 2x EQM if you care more about EQMs.
Thanks - good info... I'm set for 2017 w/ my AA EQDs/EQMs via QR/BA/AA. I need to finalize my AS EQMs with this -
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Anybody found a similar/matching *-fare ?
TK Fare is closest, but quite a bit more...

Name:  CAILAX.JPG
Views: 787
Size:  112.4 KB
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:26 am

TK Fare is closest, but quite a bit more...

Attachment 24345

May I ask what program/website you used for that ?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Dani289
May I ask what program/website you used for that ?

Thanks!
That is Expertflyer.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:48 am

Any thoughts on buying this through a non-US AA website to possibly get EQD as a percentage of miles flown and not based on the fare?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Any thoughts on buying this through a non-US AA website to possibly get EQD as a percentage of miles flown and not based on the fare?
I dont understand how that would work, although I think I saw reference to the ex-ICN AA F fares and that dynamic. I tend to think the decision is AA vs BA issued ticket, AA if you want 2x EQM and standard EQD and RDM calculation and BA if you want to EQD/RDM to be distance based but are willing to settle for 1.5x EQM
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:56 pm

I dont understand how that would work, although I think I saw reference to the ex-ICN AA F fares and that dynamic. I tend to think the decision is AA vs BA issued ticket, AA if you want 2x EQM and standard EQD and RDM calculation and BA if you want to EQD/RDM to be distance based but are willing to settle for 1.5x EQM
I am just trying to get to the bottom of if buying on a non-US AA website might be a trick to gaining EQDs based on distance. I'm probably going to buy this fare on the Korean AA site to test out this theory since it prices out almost the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.