FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   LHR-Asia/Oz for 1100/1500 on MH (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1812099-lhr-asia-oz-1100-1500-mh.html)

rachelandgromit Jan 13, 17 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 27753770)
rachelandgromit - what site is that you're looking at?

Thanks

It's the Ebookers site. As per the OP description but if you are travelling before 1 September go all the way to checkout and enter the code.

SunnySomerset Jan 13, 17 11:18 am

OMG - thank you!!

I just booked LHR to Melb return with Malaysian for 1501!! Also joined up topcash - see what happens there.

SunnySomerset Jan 13, 17 1:20 pm

... and just got 60 back from Topcash!:D

IAN-UK Jan 13, 17 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by SunnySomerset (Post 27756642)
... and just got 60 back from Topcash!:D

Those chickens usually do hatch. Eventually. But probably best not to count them before they do ....

rachelandgromit Jan 13, 17 11:14 pm

Have to say Ebookers is pretty reliable on TCB tracking and paying out. Just last year alone I had well over 200 from them.

mkdoc Jan 15, 17 10:57 am

Originally Posted by rachelandgromit (Post 27758706)
Have to say Ebookers is pretty reliable on TCB tracking and paying out. Just last year alone I had well over 200 from them.

Annoyingly work will not confirm if I can take the leave- does anyone know the change fee?

onemoretrip Jan 25, 17 9:24 pm

Thanks OP :D ^

LHR-SYD-LHR in early June for 1,527 plus Topcashback. 20 off with code AFFCITY117.

Fare seems to be active still.

IAN-UK Jan 25, 17 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by onemoretrip (Post 27818723)
Thanks OP :D ^

LHR-SYD-LHR in early June for 1,527 plus Topcashback. 20 off with code AFFCITY117.

Fare seems to be active still.

I might be being thick (it happens :D) but nowhere can i find the opportunity to add a discount code, even chasing it through to the credit card entry page.

Any guidance?

Epicura Jan 26, 17 6:22 am

It's on top of the payment form/final page "apply voucher".

Unfortunately it didn't work for me; voucher was applied succesfully but payment did not go through. Only after I removed the voucher. Oh well, 1123 GBP to DPS for a last-minute booking is still a good enough deal. Thank you OP!

IAN-UK Jan 26, 17 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 27819956)
It's on top of the payment form/final page "apply voucher".

Unfortunately it didn't work for me; voucher was applied succesfully but payment did not go through. Only after I removed the voucher. Oh well, 1123 GBP to DPS for a last-minute booking is still a good enough deal. Thank you OP!

Thanks for that - I see it now! Enjoy Bali...

wmaciej Jan 27, 17 12:40 am

For these of you who have booked this ride - what is the fare code and/or what are the changes and cancellation fees?

dodgeflyer Jan 27, 17 1:05 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej (Post 27823903)
For these of you who have booked this ride - what is the fare code and/or what are the changes and cancellation fees?

Z for the long haul, C for short hauls.

Absolutely no changes or cancellation permitted.

wmaciej Jan 27, 17 2:20 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer (Post 27823959)
Z for the long haul, C for short hauls.

Absolutely no changes or cancellation permitted.

Thanks!

IAN-UK Jan 27, 17 7:29 am

Originally Posted by rachelandgromit (Post 27758706)

Yes, but you have to watch the T&C - many travel providers can invalidate the cashback claim if a voucher has also been applied. So with such a great fare, it's probably best not to be too greedy in chasing further discounts.

Note that Quidco is offering 6% for the next couple of days. But also note the cashback generally applies only to the "fare" portion of the ticket, not to the whopping tax-etc bill that gets slapped on this ticket.

heb999 Jan 27, 17 9:50 am

Thanks for posting this fare. I have booked two business class fares to Bali (DPS) from LHR on Malaysia Airlines with one night in a four star hotel (we are spending the rest of the time in Raja Amput) for 2557.00. A real bargain. I see that the deal ends on 31/01/17.