Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Just bought EK First Class Cai-HND-BKK-HKG-CAI For £ 1771

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just bought EK First Class Cai-HND-BKK-HKG-CAI For £ 1771

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:48 pm

any tip for US citizen

is there any way for US citizen to fly this route without getting Egypt visa?! Please advise!! Thank you very much
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by tnkngn
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I am sure you have browsed the forums a bit and have gotten familiar with how FT (=FlyerTalk) works. Most people start by lurking around the different forums and try to pick up on the lingo and different topics, which does take some time to get familiar with, especially for people (like myself) with English as a second language.

Now to your questions.....

Do you all live in Cairo? Don't think any of the people that are considering to take advantage of the great business & first class fares live in Cairo, most take a flight to position to/from Cairo to take advantage of these fares.

I am based in Singapore and I am thinking about routing my January flight from Frankfurt through Cairo to Singapore instead of going straight from Frankfurt ("home" airport when I am back in Germany) to Singapore.

I could then return to Cairo in say March and take another business or first class flight to another Asian/North or South American or Australian destination.

To sum it up, one could go Cairo - Dubai - Singapore return, then immediately take another flight from Cairo - Dubai - Buenos Aires/New York/ Toronto etc. for work/vacation etc.
To return to my Singapore base, I'd have to buy another CAI-DXB-SIN ticket.
Hope you get the picture.

One would need to commit more time to do the above scenario, rather than take a direct flight (if applicable) however, since all flights would be in business or first class, come at a relatively small price compared to doing the same from other airports around the world.
By taking flights in business or first class, one can accumulate a decent amount of redeemable miles, which then can be used for further free flights for yourself or family & friends.

Or Do you buy separate air tickets to Cairo? Yes, people buy a separate ticket or if a revenue ticket is too expensive, they would go and use their miles & points to get a "free" ticket to Cairo.

I'm very curious - doesn't it cost money/energy/time if you have to travel to Cairo first?? Sure does But since you are flying business or first class from Cairo onwards, it is something a lot of the FT members are willing to do or go through. As other forum members have mentioned, the people who post on FT aren't necessarily a good benchmark for questions like "Does this makes sense to do?"

I live in a small town in Northern Europe, so it's a bit expensive and takes time (+10hours!) to fly down there.
Humm.
It sure does take time, effort and also quite a bit of money, but it sure gets you to new places like Cairo and the Middle East, that otherwise you likely wouldn't experience (also part of why I am considering to do this, haven't spend any time in Cairo or the Middle East).

Thanks for your message! Sorry for a slow response, Christmas and New Year... you know that reason

It's just, the moment when I fly back on Economy class (Cai --> Europe) after First Class experience --- will be unbearable XD
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyrice
Thanks for your message! Sorry for a slow response, Christmas and New Year... you know that reason

It's just, the moment when I fly back on Economy class (Cai --> Europe) after First Class experience --- will be unbearable XD
That's why I booked Business on the way back from Cairo to SFO
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bison1847
Agreed! Lets play a game to see who can come up with the longest route.

Bonus points for a380 flights. I'm looking at mid February still in the 1800 GBP / 2000 Euro / 2200 USD (+-300) range in FIRST as the target.

I can do the same but with a little less mileage more a380 time.

CAI-DXB-PEK or ICN or SIN and all have a380 on the DXB-whatever leg (watch ICN as it only gets a380 a couple days a week) but are only 5XXX-5700 Miles but that is 1 - a380 Leg

then the return for the same

BKK-HKG-DXB-CAI around 6237 ( a380 on BKK-HKG-DXB legs) 2 - A380 Legs

So a few less miles but I don't think you can get the a380 to HND or NRT so for the extra 1000 miles might be worth a different route.

Any challengers? How much value would you put on the a380 instead of 777? Having flown both I do like the bar on longer trips, as at least you get up and move around a bit, plus the cognac is really nice.
NRT is going 380 end March apparently.

I'm looking at F to HND but adding stopovers increases the price but still worth it.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by m3red
NRT is going 380 end March apparently.

I'm looking at F to HND but adding stopovers increases the price but still worth it.
Ah, this would be awesome, although shame it's not possible to do this at HND instead.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I live in the US and I'm thinking of going to Cairo to do this run
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:20 am

Hi guys!

I'm also new on FT and when I read something about EK First, I hear the bells ring

Is this trip with the price 1771£ still actual?

Where have you found this trip? On Google flights or directly on the EK homepage?

I live in central europe (flight time to CAI approx. 4h) and for me it would be totaly worth.

Thanks for your comments!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
I

Originally Posted by krazieman
I live in the US and I'm thinking of going to Cairo to do this run
I am doing this from Toronto 😂
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Ah, this would be awesome, although shame it's not possible to do this at HND instead.
I booked Cai Dxb stop 2 weeks later Dxb Hnd and back to Cai the week after we get back 10k aed each in F.

I will likely go back to Cai and book another
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by m3red
I booked Cai Dxb stop 2 weeks later Dxb Hnd and back to Cai the week after we get back 10k aed each in F.

I will likely go back to Cai and book another
Sounds good!

I meant shame it's not possible for EK to operate the A380 to HND instead
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Sounds good!

I meant shame it's not possible for EK to operate the A380 to HND instead
Yes the flight back is 12 hours and I'm gonna be heading straight to work.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. My wife and I were planning to go to Africa in July and we got an awesome o/w CAI-IST-ATL fare on TK J for $862 per person. Unfortunately, plans changed and we had to cancel and ended up losing ~$320 in cancellation fees...

Too bad, our trip has been postponed by one year so hopefully these fares will still be around then.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Plat Amex, Marriott Gold Elite
I decided to join in on this party, but opted for business class.

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...8-18;tt=m;sc=b

I'll be looking for good flights to Cairo from eastern US/Canada. If fellow members see something, please let me know. This makes up for the pre Xmas Italian Job debacle.

I should also note, flying Saudia to Colombo, through Riyadh and Male, is really tempting:

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...017-07-08;sc=b
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:14 am

Note QR F (A380) is now coming up at £1457 via their website for this route!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by jaimevoyager
I decided to join in on this party, but opted for business class.

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...8-18;tt=m;sc=b

I'll be looking for good flights to Cairo from eastern US/Canada. If fellow members see something, please let me know. This makes up for the pre Xmas Italian Job debacle.

I should also note, flying Saudia to Colombo, through Riyadh and Male, is really tempting:

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...017-07-08;sc=b
If you don't like to drink, sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.