Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Just bought EK First Class Cai-HND-BKK-HKG-CAI For £ 1771

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just bought EK First Class Cai-HND-BKK-HKG-CAI For £ 1771

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:37 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by DrDrDr56
Can't get it to price less than 2200us for me?
Trying same routing even.
You realize that 1771 GBP >= 2200 USD right?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 1:18 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tnkngn
I understand from Lucky's blog [...] Quote from Lucky's blog [...] Check out Lucky's blog [...]
There's no need. It's easier to go straight here.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
so basically how many miles I would get if I put Alaskan airlines membership number?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Can't get it to price less than 2200us for me?
Trying same routing even.
Ah yes. The £1771 is in sterling, also known as GBP or UKP: or, simply, pounds or quid. It's the currency used in the United Kingdom - an once important nation currently falling off the edge of Europe.

You can buy one of these sterlings for 123 US cents. So you'll need around $2200 US dollars to buy something priced at £1771.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Dec 27, 2016 at 3:41 am Reason: Thanks Helvetic!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Ah yes. The £1771 is in sterling, also known as GBP or UKP: or, simply, pounds or quid. It's the currency used in the United Kingdom - an once important nation currently falling off the edge of Europe.
You can buy one of these sterlings for eighty US cents. So you'll need around $2200 US dollars to buy something priced at £1771.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:52 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G

You can buy one of these sterlings for eighty US cents. So you'll need around $2200 US dollars to buy something priced at £1771.
Actually it'll run you about 123 pennies to buy one of these sterlings.

Used to be a lot more…
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helvetic
Actually it'll run you about 123 pennies to buy one of these sterlings.

I went back and changed my OP to make your comment look ... odd.

Sadly, Tokyoite has embedded my stupidity on FT for eternity. Serves me right for being a smart-arse!

Originally Posted by helvetic
to be a lot more…
Didn't it just!!

But it's a small price to pay for the freedom to drift off into the Atlantic, with Mistress May at the helm....
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )

You can buy one of these sterlings for 123 US cents. So you'll need around $2200 US dollars to buy something priced at £1771.
Thought I'd read EUR. Sorry but at least you got a laugh out of it
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by IMH
There's no need. It's easier to go straight here.
^^
Had the same thoughts - thrice a mention and a link looked suspicious to me.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
How many miles would I get if I put Alaskan airlines membership number?

I haven't flown or collected any Emirates miles, whether in their own Skywards program or Alaska Mileage Plan, so cannot guarantee that my below calculation is correct.
Maybe other forum members can comment if it is indeed correct.

FYI, I am currently looking into maybe switching to either programs to be able to get max. mileage for award ticket redemption.

Earning on Emirates

Base miles earned and class of service bonuses on Emirates count toward Alaska Airlines elite status.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi.../emirates.aspx

Originally Posted by alpenrock
cai-dxb-hnd-OPEN JAW bkk-hkg-dxb-cai

Considering your given routing, I would say you should earn the following with Alaska Mileage Plan program (mileage via Great Circle Mapper)

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=CAI-DXB...KK-HKG-DXB-CAI

CAI-DXB-HND 6443 x 1.5 x 2.0 = 22.550 miles

BKK-HKG-DXB-CAI 6237 x 1.5 x 2.0 = 21.830 miles

Make sure to read the small print!

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Emirates. Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify.

Eligible flight numbers

001–978

To ensure flight credit, the two letter airline code (EK) must precede the flight number (for example, EK XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

Mileage earned is based on a percentage of actual flight miles flown, with 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by tnkngn
I haven't flown or collected any Emirates miles, whether in their own Skywards program or Alaska Mileage Plan, so cannot guarantee that my below calculation is correct.
Maybe other forum members can comment if it is indeed correct.

FYI, I am currently looking into maybe switching to either programs to be able to get max. mileage for award ticket redemption.

Earning on Emirates

Base miles earned and class of service bonuses on Emirates count toward Alaska Airlines elite status.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi.../emirates.aspx

Considering your given routing, I would say you should earn the following with Alaska Mileage Plan program (mileage via Great Circle Mapper)

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=CAI-DXB...KK-HKG-DXB-CAI

CAI-DXB-HND 6443 x 1.5 x 2.0 = 22.550 miles

BKK-HKG-DXB-CAI 6237 x 1.5 x 2.0 = 21.830 miles

Make sure to read the small print!

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Emirates. Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify.

Eligible flight numbers

001–978

To ensure flight credit, the two letter airline code (EK) must precede the flight number (for example, EK XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

Mileage earned is based on a percentage of actual flight miles flown, with 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.
Thank you for posting the information above. I am considering switching to Alaska, but I haven't flown with them yet. So my calculations may be wrong. I believe it's base miles * (1+.5+2) = 3.5* base miles. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thought I'd read EUR. Sorry but at least you got a laugh out of it
`But it was fun gently poked

...and this is becoming a very boring thread!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Smile

`But it was fun gently poked

...and this is becoming a very boring thread!
Agreed! Lets play a game to see who can come up with the longest route.

Bonus points for a380 flights. I'm looking at mid February still in the 1800 GBP / 2000 Euro / 2200 USD (+-300) range in FIRST as the target.

I can do the same but with a little less mileage more a380 time.

CAI-DXB-PEK or ICN or SIN and all have a380 on the DXB-whatever leg (watch ICN as it only gets a380 a couple days a week) but are only 5XXX-5700 Miles but that is 1 - a380 Leg

then the return for the same

BKK-HKG-DXB-CAI around 6237 ( a380 on BKK-HKG-DXB legs) 2 - A380 Legs

So a few less miles but I don't think you can get the a380 to HND or NRT so for the extra 1000 miles might be worth a different route.

Any challengers? How much value would you put on the a380 instead of 777? Having flown both I do like the bar on longer trips, as at least you get up and move around a bit, plus the cognac is really nice.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:03 pm

Hello , this is my very first post - I am a bit nervous, but I hope I will be welcomed!

I'm very interested in the fare as I have a plan to visit Japan in April.

May I ask you guys a questions?

Do you all live in Cairo?
Or Do you buy separate air tickets to Cairo?

I'm very curious - doesn't it cost money/energy/time if you have to travel to Cairo first??

I live in a small town in Northern Europe, so it's a bit expensive and takes time (+10hours!) to fly down there.
Humm.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyrice
Hello , this is my very first post - I am a bit nervous, but I hope I will be welcomed!

I'm very interested in the fare as I have a plan to visit Japan in April.

May I ask you guys a questions?

Do you all live in Cairo?
Or Do you buy separate air tickets to Cairo?

I'm very curious - doesn't it cost money/energy/time if you have to travel to Cairo first??

I live in a small town in Northern Europe, so it's a bit expensive and takes time (+10hours!) to fly down there.
Humm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.