Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

US-Europe J Fares over New Years

Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist

All kinds of sub-$2200 J fares out there. MXP, FCO, WAW, LIS, many other cities. All alliances. 12/29-1/1 example dates.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Lots of east coast, but I see YVR-MXP at US$1126++ (and available way more than just New Years) and ex-SEA/SFO $1600++ (only christmas/NYears dates) for west coast. LAX seems more, or at least I havent found the destinations with the $1600++ fare that SEA/SFO have.

Dont forget that you can pull the OneWorld fares up via AAvacations (with a cheap hotel) and by purchasing the $129 predeparture waiver you can make these fares refundable...

Last edited by stephem; Nov 30, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
sample link? Tried looking for LIS, WAW and not finding anything.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:42 pm

Any west coast fares?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
Lots of east coast, but I see YVR-MXP at US$1126++ (and available way more than just New Years) and ex-SEA/SFO $1600++ (only christmas/NYears dates) for west coast. LAX seems more, or at least I havent found the destinations with the $1600++ fare that SEA/SFO have.

Dont forget that you can pull the OneWorld fares up via AAvacations (with a cheap hotel) and by purchasing the $129 predeparture waiver you can make these fares refundable...
Where do you see those YVR fares? Not seeing anything on GF.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
San Diego available

Originally Posted by olouie
Any west coast fares?

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=b;a=ONEWORLD

With CARDOFFERU and AARP we are looking at fares close to $2100
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by cwwmbm
Where do you see those YVR fares? Not seeing anything on GF.
I only look at the GDS. So there are fares filed there, locating availability in a booking engine is another story.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:16 pm

What's GDS?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by cwwmbm
What's GDS?
Global Distribution System. It is subscription service where all fares are filed, along with fare and routing rules. It is the way to know what is actually out there, always step one for me before then going to a booking engine to see about availability of fare class on various dates. Much more efficient than the hunt and peck with a booking engine or even ITA.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And I'm guessing that excludes taxes and airline surcharges? That can easily be an extra $1,000 r/t.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Global Distribution System. It is subscription service where all fares are filed, along with fare and routing rules. It is the way to know what is actually out there, always step one for me before then going to a booking engine to see about availability of fare class on various dates. Much more efficient than the hunt and peck with a booking engine or even ITA.
Does that mean those YVR fares are going to be posted to booking engines for sure or does it just depend? Also as someone else asked, will that price include tax? I live in YVR so would be very interested.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Does that mean those YVR fares are going to be posted to booking engines for sure or does it just depend? Also as someone else asked, will that price include tax? I live in YVR so would be very interested.
Look at my post, I clearly give a price with a "++" after the dollar amount. That means plus taxes and fees. If the fares I mentioned have not been withdrawn then they should all be bookable via a number of online travel agents, although you may want to use ITA and a monthly search to locate available dates.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Look at my post, I clearly give a price with a "++" after the dollar amount. That means plus taxes and fees. If the fares I mentioned have not been withdrawn then they should all be bookable via a number of online travel agents, although you may want to use ITA and a monthly search to locate available dates.
While the fares you posted is not the initial post please note Rule 6 of the Premium Fare Forum in the Sticky at the top of the forum, applies to all discussion of prices in a thread, not just the title.

6. Give “all-in” pricing in an amount and currency that makes sense. Since good prices are what we’re after, it makes sense to include pricing in the thread title where possible.
  • We want to know that when we see a price, it is something we can actually buy. Save the marketing tricks for the airlines. Make sure that the price you quoted includes all taxes and fees. That is what we refer to as “all-in” pricing and is usually abbreviated “ai” or “a.i.”
  • It should be clear that a price is for either round-trip/return or one-way travel. While it’s generally assumed that any price is for round-trip/return unless stated otherwise, just use the common abbreviations to be clear: “rt” “r/t” “rtn” “o/w” “ow”
  • Try to state the price in a the local currency that the ticket is offered in. In the case of a less familiar currency, try also to convert the price to one or more of the global standard currencies like EUR, GBP, USD or JPY.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:23 pm

Could you please post a link to sign up for this? TIA
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:42 pm

Then i wont post it any more. I am pointing out fares that are in the GDS and i dont have time to look them all up on an OTA. If the forum wants to lose that very useful info then i will go away, after 12 plus years of being helpful around here.

Originally Posted by Pat89339
While the fares you posted is not the initial post please note Rule 6 of the Premium Fare Forum in the Sticky at the top of the forum, applies to all discussion of prices in a thread, not just the title.

6. Give all-in pricing in an amount and currency that makes sense. Since good prices are what were after, it makes sense to include pricing in the thread title where possible.
  • We want to know that when we see a price, it is something we can actually buy. Save the marketing tricks for the airlines. Make sure that the price you quoted includes all taxes and fees. That is what we refer to as all-in pricing and is usually abbreviated ai or a.i.
  • It should be clear that a price is for either round-trip/return or one-way travel. While its generally assumed that any price is for round-trip/return unless stated otherwise, just use the common abbreviations to be clear: rt r/t rtn o/w ow
  • Try to state the price in a the local currency that the ticket is offered in. In the case of a less familiar currency, try also to convert the price to one or more of the global standard currencies like EUR, GBP, USD or JPY.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.