Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KL/AF/DL: HEL - NYC €875 r/t J

KL/AF/DL: HEL - NYC €875 r/t J

Old Nov 25, 16, 1:15 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: AMS / EDI
Programs: IKEA Family
Posts: 22
KL/AF/DL: HEL - NYC €875 r/t J

Seems to already been adjusted on KL and DL but still bookable via AF:

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...HEL1AY880;sc=b

Code:
PERMITTED 10SEP THROUGH 31OCT OR 28MAR THROUGH 13JUN ON
  THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
Edit:
Some days do seem to be bookable on KL and DL as well:
https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...EL1KL1169;sc=b

Last edited by Evianon; Nov 25, 16 at 1:23 am
Evianon is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 2:01 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,546
Also to PHL
mlqsko is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 5:22 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 12,032
Great find on Black Friday.^^ Too bad I don't have more free time during those periods.

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 25, 16 at 6:08 am
TerryK is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 11:15 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hyeres, France
Programs: FB platinium, LX Senator, OW saphirre BA, accor gold, Amex platinium, IHG gold.
Posts: 23
HEL-MIA with AF/KL 1095€ - 2 may 17 at 9 may 17
nico83et13 is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 11:30 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 186
Great fare, thanks!

Managed to book HEL-AMS-CDG-IAD, DCA-LGA the following morning, and return LGA-ORD-AMS-HEL for 910 euro directly on KLM website, close to 20 000 FB miles. AF new 777 from CDG and KLM's 747 from Chicago.

If you play with KLM's multi-city engine you can get some interesting routings; on the return leg NYC-HEL I was able to go back as far as Kansas and then through MSP to Europe for over 21 000 miles, 8 qualifying flights.

I noticed that Atlanta, MSP, Charlotte, Miami and few others also work, either outbound or return. And obviously Boston for the lowest price. Those counting qualifying flights need to make sure they avoid Finnair connection to CDG, no FB level miles here!

Thanks again!
skyhighlander is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 11:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,240
How? It shows I need to call now, instead of booking on the website.

Still works on the Delta site I find now.

Last edited by kevinflyaway; Nov 25, 16 at 12:01 pm
kevinflyaway is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 12:05 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: North-West Europe
Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Posts: 265
Originally Posted by skyhighlander View Post
Great fare, thanks!

Managed to book HEL-AMS-CDG-IAD, DCA-LGA the following morning, and return LGA-ORD-AMS-HEL for 910 euro directly on KLM website, close to 20 000 FB miles. AF new 777 from CDG and KLM's 747 from Chicago.

If you play with KLM's multi-city engine you can get some interesting routings; on the return leg NYC-HEL I was able to go back as far as Kansas and then through MSP to Europe for over 21 000 miles, 8 qualifying flights.

Thanks again!
So you can do "Gold in two goes"? And maybe even Silver on one go when you use KLM for the positioning flights?
Justin Case is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 6:30 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 186
Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
So you can do "Gold in two goes"? And maybe even Silver on one go when you use KLM for the positioning flights?

Well, yes, you can. Do not use Google flights, just play with KLM website (multicity option). The engine is temperemtal, and sometimes requires different browsers but results produced are of the kind that cannot be found on google flights or elsewhere.

Last edited by skyhighlander; Nov 25, 16 at 6:59 pm
skyhighlander is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 6:42 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 186
Not sure if it will show correctly but here's the example: https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/app...ntId=customize
skyhighlander is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 8:17 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DUS
Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,052
Seems to be a HEL-JFK fare that you can route via other US gateways.
EZEDoesIt is offline  
Old Nov 25, 16, 11:45 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: North-West Europe
Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Posts: 265
Originally Posted by skyhighlander View Post
Well, yes, you can. Do not use Google flights, just play with KLM website (multicity option). The engine is temperemtal, and sometimes requires different browsers but results produced are of the kind that cannot be found on google flights or elsewhere.
Thanks, tried a bit with the KLM engine, but could not get it to work, and you link below just gives a blank booking engine.
What dates dit you use? most of the times that is a good start to modify the trip further.
Justin Case is offline  
Old Nov 26, 16, 12:31 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,240
Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
Thanks, tried a bit with the KLM engine, but could not get it to work, and you link below just gives a blank booking engine.
What dates dit you use? most of the times that is a good start to modify the trip further.
I used Google Flights last night to search. Via KLM the prices are fixed (I still saw the low price in the engine, but when clicking on certain specific dates/times, the correct p rice would show again
kevinflyaway is offline  
Old Nov 26, 16, 2:57 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 186
Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
What dates dit you use? most of the times that is a good start to modify the trip further.
Try starting with these for instance:

Thu 18 May 17 - HEL-AMS
Thu 18 May 17 - AMS-CDG
Thu 18 May 17 - CDG-IAD
Fri 19 May 17 - DCA-NYC
Thu 25 May 17 - NYC-ORD
Thu 25 May 17 - ORD-HEL

910 euro , 19012 level miles.

I see there's less dates today, mostly Thu, Fri & Sat departures, but fare still live nevertheless.
skyhighlander is offline  
Old Nov 28, 16, 11:13 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 2,628
You can do some pretty wild routings with this one if you play around with ITA. For €997 you can book HEL-AMS-LHR-DTW-BNA-LGA-ATL-CDG-AMS-HEL for 19,622 MQM on Delta. That's 5.3cpm!
steveholt is online now  
Old Nov 28, 16, 11:38 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DUS
Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,052
I'm surprised you didn't try to use the new BOS-BNA flight.
EZEDoesIt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread