Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LHR-YYZ BUSINESS CLASS OW on TAP/AZORES $910

LHR-YYZ BUSINESS CLASS OW on TAP/AZORES $910

Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Smile LHR-YYZ BUSINESS CLASS OW on TAP/AZORES $910

I am a TAP member so this is an excellent deal for me to jump the pond with a stop in Lisbon and earn 200% mileage while up front. I have only looked for the date that interests me (May 18th). $910USD ($1200 CAD)

Ticketed from Flightnetwork

Last edited by davistev; Nov 21, 2016 at 3:47 am
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:41 am

can you give a bit more details? sounds interesting
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwerfel
can you give a bit more details? sounds interesting

Google Flights tells all:

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...YYZ1S4301;sc=b
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:09 am

Maybe for TAP fanboys,but otherwise not that great...ist only OW and TAP, come on!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Azores Airlines also operates an ancient A310 on that route and has 2 weekly flights to YYZ AFAIK - their on-time performance is abysmal too - I was booked on the BOS to LIS flight a few weeks ago and that flight was delayed by six hours since they only have a very small fleet of widebody aircraft and if one aircraft get delayed somewhere in their network, it takes them days to restore regular operations.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by MrLynx
Maybe for TAP fanboys,but otherwise not that great...ist only OW and TAP, come on!
haha, I see, I thought OW was for one world, not one way. And I need a combination of *A (like TAP) and OW for status, that's why I was interested
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrLynx
Mate - I clearly said this is a good deal for TAP members. It is half the price I normally pay and hence posted here as a Premium fare deal where it should be posted.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:49 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Not that great a fare considering it's OW.

Also beware that SATA's customer services is terribly. We were delayed 3+ hrs into PDL (KLM "promo" fare AMS-PDL in J from some time ago); no reply to emails asking for EU261 compenstion. Escalated to portuguese enforcement body, similarly no reply at all from there...
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by davistev
Mate - I clearly said this is a good deal for TAP members. It is half the price I normally pay and hence posted here as a Premium fare deal where it should be posted.
Disagree!

Originally Posted by a9504477

Also beware that SATA's customer services is terribly. We were delayed 3+ hrs into PDL (KLM "promo" fare AMS-PDL in J from some time ago); no reply to emails asking for EU261 compenstion. Escalated to portuguese enforcement body, similarly no reply at all from there...
Agree! ^
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:18 am
Original Poster

I guess this is why people no longer post their good fare finds on FT. It has become a very cold place indeed.

I will relax up front of the plane after a day in Lisbon and ponder more about it not being a good deal at 200% mileage for my TAP account.

Cheers and I out of here.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, AB Gold, Iberia Plata, Best Western Rewards Platinum
Don't take it personally

I guess this is why people no longer post their good fare finds on FT. It has become a very cold place indeed.

I will relax up front of the plane after a day in Lisbon and ponder more about it not being a good deal at 200% mileage for my TAP account.

Nice post. But don't take the thoughts mentioned here personally.
1. People are right, your long haul is a no name airline with recliner seats.
2. Polish LOT has 1800$ return fares in lie flat 787-8 jets with 3 hr halt both ways right from January 2017 till atleast may 2017.

So take the criticism positively.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by a9504477

ahh... you too? Mine was delayed for > 12 hours, only compensation received was for the hotel+taxi which I had to arrange for myself because they did not want to do anything. (they kept saying the aircraft will be fixed) and I arranged directly with KLM (since ticket was under them) for the alternative flight the next morning with TAP.
Still waiting for the EU261 compensation - close to 3 months.

Cheers!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:37 pm

AVOID at all costs!!!

SATA lounges at LIS and PDL are a dump, very poor customer service from their HQ...

The brand new A330 had NO IFE(!!!), seats in Business Class were defect (nice take off and landing in lounge position- as the electric failed), terrible food and all of my flights were full of staff passengers, which received far better service than full fare customers...

SATA is a NO-GO!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:46 pm

Last edited by MrLynx; Nov 22, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R

Bump and agreed, it may be useful to some, and this deal doesn't always show up on kayak.com nor itasoftware.com

I am considering this with possibility of lengthy delay, what if I book something like YYZ-LIS nonstop on certain days (don't want to deal with TER or PDL connections)? I'll connect with TK's award ticket from LIS to Middle East 24 hours later.

Long story short, I am trying to patch up last minute J tickets without spending a lot, so 24 hours cushion in LIS should be safe, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.