Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Server
eDream ticketed airfares have been cancelled by themselves (travel agent == eDreams). Majority of people have confirmed this situation. Likely due to FX rate was 'unfair' to them.
Direct issued tickets by Qatar are fine.

Visa Currency Exchange Rate Calculator: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
Mastercard Exchange Rate Calculator: https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/
AMEX is reported to use the FX rate the day before -OR- uses Oanda. So be wary (unconfirmed, but reported a few times)

To pay directly in your home currency (DCC) on Qatar's site, you will need to use Mastercard or Visa. The option will show up once you've filled credit card number. The exchange rates are provided by Monex Financial Services for the day of the transaction +3% fixed conversion charge

Airline Information
Qatar (QR) does not allow short checking of bags on layovers (<24 hours), for any reason. If for convenience purposes you wanted a bag for a connecting flight later on (DOH-CAI or elsewhere), DO NOT CHECK-IN THE BAG.
Print Wikipost

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by Polo1980
Ok Thanks, But stlll which rate they use?
roughly around EUR1=EGP10.1
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Which would mean these flights are not that cheap? Let's see how it plays.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Nov 5, 2016 at 7:27 am
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
roughly around EUR1=EGP10.1
I guess that means everything is actually 1.7x more expensive than stated on the edreams site? since its currently EUR1 = EGP17

Did they charge you in EUR?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ktkw
I guess that means everything is actually 1.7x more expensive than stated on the edreams site? since its currently EUR1 = EGP17

Did they charge you in EUR?
just checked with my bank, they charged my in EGP iso EUR so i guess edreams is using the past rate to show you the cost of your itinerary while you are paying in current rate(should i call it as some discount?)

but the weird thing is my ticket shows EUR as the only currency
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:33 am

just checked with my bank, they charged my in EGP iso EUR

but the weird thing is my ticket is showing EUR as the only currency
iso EUR? not really following here...

So is the ticket the actual EGP price as stated on eDreams or is it actually around 1.7x higher?

Thanks for the help thus far!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I did play around with some routes, and if you take edreams price, divided by the old exchange rate, you will get roughly the same price as what other OTA/Airlines are selling currently.

Which leads me to believe they have not updated their prices to the new exchange rate. Not using some dynamic pricing tool. I find it very hard to believe they will honour their prices. Quite risky.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by dfs24
I did play around with some routes, and if you take edreams price, divided by the old exchange rate, you will get roughly the same price as what other OTA/Airlines are selling currently.

Which leads me to believe they have not updated their prices to the new exchange rate. Not using some dynamic pricing tool. I find it very hard to believe they will honour their prices. Quite risky.

Bad news - just received this message from edreams per email on the flights I'd booked three hours earlier:

"Cancelled booking

We are sorry to inform you that we have experienced problems with the operating airline’s server. We cannot confirm your flight.

Please try to make a new booking on our website again."

Booking no longer showing up on Qatar as well...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by ktkw
iso EUR? not really following here...

So is the ticket the actual EGP price as stated on eDreams or is it actually around 1.7x higher?

Thanks for the help thus far!
To make it clear, edreams is using the pre-devalued exchange rate is quoting itineraries in their Egyptian site which means that they are not keeping up with the current exchange rate.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Melanchthon
Bad news - just received this message from edreams per email on the flights I'd booked three hours earlier:

"Cancelled booking

We are sorry to inform you that we have experienced problems with the operating airline’s server. We cannot confirm your flight.

Please try to make a new booking on our website again."

Booking no longer showing up on Qatar as well...

do you got ticketed?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:53 am

I tried to purchase my flight quoted around 30k EGP. Got blocked by citi, called in. Was told the charge for ~4k USD which is approx 30k EGP x 1.7 converted to USD so that makes me believe theyre also converting into EUR using the old rate, aka no discount.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1P
do you got ticketed?
I never received the final confirmation with the ticket number, so no, I guess not...

Anybody have luck getting actual tickets?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:04 am

I never received the final confirmation with the ticket number, so no, I guess not...

whats your itinerary looks?

mine goes through the system rather smooth thru the pipeline and got my ticket no. in an hour
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois

I got a confirmation email with QR PNR from edreams.

On QR's site, I have ticket numbers and can select seats, all in A class.

Edited to add, I had the same issue as you with my first try. My credit card blocked the transaction at the last hurdle as possibly fraudulent. I went back, got it cleared with the issuer and tried again 30 minutes later, no problem.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:19 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
has anyone managed to get an open jaw booked? I've been trying CAI-DOH-HND/BKK-DOH-CAI
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
RT First is currently pricing at 23,055 EGP ($1,484) directly on QR.com.
Business pricing at 11,092 EGP ($714).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.