Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Server
eDream ticketed airfares have been cancelled by themselves (travel agent == eDreams). Majority of people have confirmed this situation. Likely due to FX rate was 'unfair' to them.
Direct issued tickets by Qatar are fine.

Visa Currency Exchange Rate Calculator: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
Mastercard Exchange Rate Calculator: https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/
AMEX is reported to use the FX rate the day before -OR- uses Oanda. So be wary (unconfirmed, but reported a few times)

To pay directly in your home currency (DCC) on Qatar's site, you will need to use Mastercard or Visa. The option will show up once you've filled credit card number. The exchange rates are provided by Monex Financial Services for the day of the transaction +3% fixed conversion charge

Airline Information
Qatar (QR) does not allow short checking of bags on layovers (<24 hours), for any reason. If for convenience purposes you wanted a bag for a connecting flight later on (DOH-CAI or elsewhere), DO NOT CHECK-IN THE BAG.
Print Wikipost

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:18 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
On Qatar website, if you choose Visa or Mastercard at payment screen and input card number, you should be offered two options: EGP and your card currency. Doesn't work for Amex as per previous posts.
Ah thank you for reminding me! Updated the wiki regarding the DCC option and some fees associated with it. People mentioned it in previous posts, now since people are wondering about it again.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
On Qatar website, if you choose Visa or Mastercard at payment screen and input card number, you should be offered two options: EGP and your card currency. Doesn't work for Amex as per previous posts.
Thanks very much Richmond_Surrey!

Last edited by more4less; Nov 7, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:30 pm

Just as a data point my CAI-SYD F return purchased on day zero of the devaluation at EGP36759 appeared as an $AUD5414 Pending Transaction on my CC statement but today has confirmed as an $AUD3273 charge which is $600 less than the AUD price offered on the OTAs at the time and $400 less than the DCC AUD price offered on the airline website at time of purchase, no doubt benefiting from a couple of days delay and further fall in the EGP before the actual transaction was processed.

So the gamble at time of purchase and a couple of days of angst waiting for the pending transaction to be confirmed have proven profitable.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
My edreams QR F CAI-DOH-BKK return has been processed through my credit card and converted to £511.43; booked nearly 72 hours ago.

Still confirmed and functional on the QR website in MMB.

I'm running out of finger nails....
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by PrimaVista
My edreams QR F CAI-DOH-BKK return has been processed through my credit card and converted to £511.43; booked nearly 72 hours ago.

Still confirmed and functional on the QR website in MMB.

I'm running out of finger nails....
Same here
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:45 pm

This article from the Wall Street Journal might be interesting to all who bought tickets from Edreams last weekend.It seems GO VOYAGES(OTA mentioned on the Qatar Edreams tickets) is a sister company of Edreams.They merged in 2011 creating a company called Odigeo
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
talked to support from edreams today, they told me they could not process the tickets because of the currency problem.

Well I told the guy, that the booking was confirmed by the airline already so this is not true and that their behavior is against basic contract law.
(I am not a lawyer, but did study law for a 2 years, enough to understand simple contract law)

Obviously he was not very confident about argueing with me about this and telling me because of which part of their terms&conditions or condigo civil they have the right to cancel.
He talked to a supervisor. And the result was I should go to their website and write down there my points.

What are your feelings?

I will not hire a lawyer, but in my oppion it as incorrect and a breach of terms and conditions and of law.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Just as a data point my CAI-SYD F return purchased on day zero of the devaluation at EGP36759 appeared as an $AUD5414 Pending Transaction on my CC statement but today has confirmed as an $AUD3273 charge which is $600 less than the AUD price offered on the OTAs at the time and $400 less than the DCC AUD price offered on the airline website at time of purchase, no doubt benefiting from a couple of days delay and further fall in the EGP before the actual transaction was processed.

So the gamble at time of purchase and a couple of days of angst waiting for the pending transaction to be confirmed have proven profitable.
Did a dummy for the same itinerary today and it priced at 2820.95 AUD on the QR site...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
About to book this trip, I had one on hold yesterday, was just working out the details, could someone tell me how to calculate the amount of miles I will earn and such crediting to AA? or show me a website that can do it? Thank you so much in advance! And what an excellent fare this is!:-:
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyer89
About to book this trip, I had one on hold yesterday, was just working out the details, could someone tell me how to calculate the amount of miles I will earn and such crediting to AA? or show me a website that can do it? Thank you so much in advance! And what an excellent fare this is!:-:
http://www.wheretocredit.com
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by hamburglar
http://www.wheretocredit.com

I mean with the new earning structures of AA, EQM/EQS/EQD
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Guvner067
Did a dummy for the same itinerary today and it priced at 2820.95 AUD on the QR site...
I'm not complaining just considering buying another! May do a Luxor origin which is pricing out at $AUD2364
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:06 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by flyer89
I mean with the new earning structures of AA, EQM/EQS/EQD
You didn't mention specific routing or fare codes. Though here is the earning award chart for AA and Qatar.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ines/qatar.jsp

Don't forget to add the elite status mileage earning bonus!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:30 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Another AMEX datapoint

Hi,

Just to add for those interested, purcahsed the ticket last Sat, 5-nov, charges hit my Amex credit card on 6-nov.
Amex exchange: 1 euro: 16.39 EGP
XE exchange: 1 euro: 18.63 EGP

Making my original ticket with QR to MIA slightly more expensive than with the XE exchange ~ 150 Euro more expensive - but still not too shabby.

Cheers!

ps: for the fun of it, used the Mastercard calculator in the Wiki, and it was off by about 10 euro. (inlcd CC foreign charges)
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:50 pm

Thumbs up

Tokyo still pricing under $990, one way for $700
For those that want to get in on this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.