Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Server
eDream ticketed airfares have been cancelled by themselves (travel agent == eDreams). Majority of people have confirmed this situation. Likely due to FX rate was 'unfair' to them.
Direct issued tickets by Qatar are fine.

Visa Currency Exchange Rate Calculator: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
Mastercard Exchange Rate Calculator: https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/
AMEX is reported to use the FX rate the day before -OR- uses Oanda. So be wary (unconfirmed, but reported a few times)

To pay directly in your home currency (DCC) on Qatar's site, you will need to use Mastercard or Visa. The option will show up once you've filled credit card number. The exchange rates are provided by Monex Financial Services for the day of the transaction +3% fixed conversion charge

Airline Information
Qatar (QR) does not allow short checking of bags on layovers (<24 hours), for any reason. If for convenience purposes you wanted a bag for a connecting flight later on (DOH-CAI or elsewhere), DO NOT CHECK-IN THE BAG.
Print Wikipost

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by PhilHugi
20 days? I would not accept this and doing a chargeback.
I am thinking of doing the same.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
is there anyone got their tickets from edreams with non-QR as the carrier?
up to now yes...... Oman Air (4 pax 1550 euro total CAI-BKK bizz) and KLM/AirFrance 4 pax 510 euro AMS-TLV (eco)
and a few other (oops 14) other tickets in eco in europe.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by maudline9
Who cancel it? The airline or OTA?
Originally Posted by mrow
What was your purchase route? Airline direct or via an OTA?
I bought the tickets with an OTA eDreams. I don't know who cancelled the bookings.

My purchased route was CAI-DOH-SYD-DOH-CAI all in F class.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by christravelblog
up to now yes...... Oman Air (4 pax 1550 euro total CAI-BKK bizz) and KLM/AirFrance 4 pax 510 euro AMS-TLV (eco)
and a few other (oops 14) other tickets in eco in europe.

are they all got ticketed and are they being cancelled like 24hrs or more ago?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
are they all got ticketed and are they being cancelled like 24hrs or more ago?
those are NOT cancelled. I booked those already the 4th november early morning DIRECT after the change in exchange rate.
all ticketted. seats selected. the KLM one also upgraded to premium economy (actually for free for 3 pax, 1 i paid to klm 15 euro orso).

all are still in tact. also paid by the way.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:22 am

My eg.edreams booking is 48 hours old and still active (QR ex CAI). Crossing fingers.

When do you think we can stop eating Popcorn and be sure the booking will be honored? I go on reading that the chance of cancellation of error fares is:

50+% during the first 48 hours
10% during the first 2 weeks
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
MY edreams still OK, been for the past 55 hours. Fingers crossed it sticks.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Data point. Booked on Etihad on Saturday. Ticketed with ticket number. Still not charged by AMEX. EGP is currently 16.89/1 USD.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: HHGOLD, IC PLAT AMB, GHA PLAT
Googeled a few minutes and learned Remi Delangue is head of pricing at Edreams... Perhaps he can explain why they are not adhering to their T&C.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:02 pm

Dear customer,

We would like to inform you that due to an incidence, your flight reservation could not be confirmed. Therefore, the amount charged will be fully refunded on the same credit card you provided during your flight purchase.
If you wish to make a new booking corresponding to your previous criteria, please visit our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience, that this situation may cause you.

We value your trust in eDreams.

Kind regards,

eDreams Customer Service
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:07 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by luftair
Dear customer,

We would like to inform you that due to an incidence, your flight reservation could not be confirmed. Therefore, the amount charged will be fully refunded on the same credit card you provided during your flight purchase.
If you wish to make a new booking corresponding to your previous criteria, please visit our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience, that this situation may cause you.

We value your trust in eDreams.

Kind regards,

eDreams Customer Service
Unless you are an eDreams rep, I'd quote that as an email response. People will be quick to roast...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:13 pm

The egp is fluctation quite a bit today. It went down to the 15.xxx and then jumped to now 16.8. I am not sure how the bank will make it, but the difference is about $150 on a 20k egp ticket
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by bananahead
Just booked one of the CAI-BKK deals. It's fantastic that availability can be found right up until Oct 2017. What I found odd is that the 'Business Saver' (I class) fares are in many cases less expensive than the 'Business Promo' (R class) ones.

I booked on qatarairways.com and not sure if it's a new thing but I liked that they give you the option of paying in your home currency. I usually avoid these deals as it tends to rip you off but in this instance it was £585 with Qatars offer. I checked the visa rate and it would have been £592 applied to my card. And AMEX £619. The difference is negligible but it saves any nasty surprises of exchange rate fluctuations on the date the payment is 'processed' via the card company. Qatar only allowed payment in home currency with Visa, not AMEX.
Hi,

I bought 2 tickets on Saturday in EGP.

How you can buy the tickets in your home currency? I have started a dummy booking a while ago and I could not see how to go from EGP to Euros.

Thanks,
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: HHGOLD, IC PLAT AMB, GHA PLAT
Originally Posted by Server
Unless you are an eDreams rep, I'd quote that as an email response. People will be quick to roast...
Tell that to somebody with a confirmed booking, e tickets and seat selections!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

I bought 2 tickets on Saturday in EGP.

How you can buy the tickets in your home currency? I have started a dummy booking a while ago and I could not see how to go from EGP to Euros.

Thanks,
On Qatar website, if you choose Visa or Mastercard at payment screen and input card number, you should be offered two options: EGP and your card currency. Doesn't work for Amex as per previous posts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.