Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Server
eDream ticketed airfares have been cancelled by themselves (travel agent == eDreams). Majority of people have confirmed this situation. Likely due to FX rate was 'unfair' to them.
Direct issued tickets by Qatar are fine.

Visa Currency Exchange Rate Calculator: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html
Mastercard Exchange Rate Calculator: https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/
AMEX is reported to use the FX rate the day before -OR- uses Oanda. So be wary (unconfirmed, but reported a few times)

To pay directly in your home currency (DCC) on Qatar's site, you will need to use Mastercard or Visa. The option will show up once you've filled credit card number. The exchange rates are provided by Monex Financial Services for the day of the transaction +3% fixed conversion charge

Airline Information
Qatar (QR) does not allow short checking of bags on layovers (<24 hours), for any reason. If for convenience purposes you wanted a bag for a connecting flight later on (DOH-CAI or elsewhere), DO NOT CHECK-IN THE BAG.
Print Wikipost

QR: CAI-BKK €1600 rt in F (A class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
I booked 2 first class tickets on Etihad. Price is 68000 EGP. I called AMEX and they said the exchange rate was 13.4467 which is pretty bad. The charge was attempted, but not finalized. I booked yesterday.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Temedar
But the ex-Egypt fares are priced in EGP, aren't they?
Originally Posted by maxvor
Not really, the are submitted in EUR to GDS, and then converted to local currency using IATA x-rate

Precisely the second poster is correct. And edreams has been mis-applying the FX rate, hence the lower price then direct on QR website.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by xedubx
Based on the price you paid and booking info, it looks like it's legit FC on second leg since only the A380s have real FC on QR.

As for the OTA vs. direct, people tend to have different preferences and there are threads with arguments. My personal preference is to book direct with US airlines and overseas airlines known for good customer service (your JALs and Cathays) and book with large, trustworthy OTAs for ones I need 24 hour cancellation or ones with poor customer service (or even language barrier issues). Since ME airlines tend to have pretty spotty sales support, I'd go OTA.
lol did I pay too much? I am a starter
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:57 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Is http://eg.edreams.com/ working fine with you guys? I keep getting "connection refused"
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Maybe they switched it off until fx rate is fixed ;-)
Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Same here. Looks like they did indeed pull the plug for now.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
yup. Looks like my flights have been cancelled by eDreams. Still showing as a valid booking on their page but can't manage my booking on Qatarairways.com. A call to QR confirmed that my flights were cancelled by the travel agent.

I booked some nested positioning flights with them in F, which appear to still be valid... for now.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Originally Posted by GingerAroundTheWorld
lol did I pay too much? I am a starter
No. I was looking at same route in both Biz and FC so I happened to know the price range. Wound up booking CAI - US route instead.

Last edited by xedubx; Nov 5, 2016 at 8:53 pm
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:12 pm

It looks like Citi is charging me the high rate of .73 when I purchased it late in the day at .64????
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by xedubx
No. I was looking at same route in both Biz and FC so I happened to know the price range. Wound up booking BKK - US route instead.
BKK-US? Not seeing it. Which city(s)?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What OTAs are people using to book these CAI-BKK fares?

Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheapoair and Expedia are both saying it's entirely non-refundable. The same fare on Priceline has a US100 cancellation fee but every time I click "Buy my tickets now" nothing happens. Nothing. Same on the mobile site.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Originally Posted by XLR26
BKK-US? Not seeing it. Which city(s)?
Sorry, I meant CAI - US.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
No email from edreams but now I cannot check my flight on Qatar. Does anyone have another Qatar booked flight they could check to make sure its not just the "manage my flight" which is down?

Or should I just expect to be canceled.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by bison1847
No email from edreams but now I cannot check my flight on Qatar. Does anyone have another Qatar booked flight they could check to make sure its not just the "manage my flight" which is down?

Or should I just expect to be canceled.
Welcome to EGPgate, of course they are canceled. Only way someone is flying this is if they slip between the cracks, which happens occasionally when there are hiccups with this magnitude.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Welcome to EGPgate, of course they are canceled. Only way someone is flying this is if they slip between the cracks, which happens occasionally when there are hiccups with this magnitude.
Presumably you're talking about those who have attempted to benefit from the FX changes?

Is anyone who has purchased direct from Qatar Airways at risk with these fares?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.