Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Cz bkk-sfo $1800 or pvg-wuh-sfo $1367 rt (i+j)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

Was looking at the MU PEK-ORD business fare deal, which seems to have disappeared, and came across the CZ version PVG-WUH-SFO. Seems available in Nov, then again in Feb and Mar next year, mostly Tuesdays and Saturdays for $1367. I fare on the 787 between WUH-SFO though seems their seat is not extremely well liked, much less very special. J for the (China) domestic leg, but then it's a domestic 737 or A321 generally, depending on the schedule.

Still, a nice price to SFO, and combine it with BKK-CAN-SHA in I+J for $427 more, making BKK-SFO for a total of just under $1800. And stopover in PVG since it's basical two fares. Not sure how TWOV would work for those of you who don't collect China visas, as you enter China at CAN which has 72 hour TWOV rather than PVG's 144 hour, though seems otherwise a good deal. The CAN-SHA is a 777, and should be the 77W with lie-flats. I'll see as I ticketed it for next week-skipping the SFO part as I have a CX J award BKK-LAX in a couple weeks. But, it was a thought.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbAA
..... Not sure how TWOV would work for those of you who don't collect China visas, as you enter China at CAN which has 72 hour TWOV rather than PVG's 144 hour, though seems otherwise a good deal.....
Good fare but you do need visa for China.

TWOV for China only applies to international to international transit to a third country. You can only touch one transit point in China. Your itinerary BKK-CAN-SHA//PVG-WUH-SFO doesn't qualify.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Always good to know, though I feel it's just easier to get the visa. 10 years to amortize the cost over and plenty of great deals from and thru China makes it a no brainer.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
PVG-SFO is a routing fare, have a look at the table, permitted routings include via JFK and picking up DL flatbed on JFK-SFO. Also routing thru YVR permitted.
And since it is a routing fare, no HIP check on stopovers. This is gem w exception of some pretty significant date restrictions.

Stopover restrictions:
Code:
 4 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
       2 IN CAN/LAX OUTBOUND
        2 IN YVR/NYC OUTBOUND
        2 IN CAN/LAX INBOUND
        2 IN YVR/NYC INBOUND
        2 IN YTO/SFO IN EACH DIRECTION.
   AND - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
         AT USD 100.00 EACH.
   AND - UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING
         UNIT
             IN CONTIGUOUS U.S.A. WHEN NOT VIA SAME
              CARRIER.
   AND - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
         AT USD 250.00 EACH
             IN CONTIGUOUS U.S.A. WHEN VIA SAME CARRIER.
Date restrictions:
Code:
OUTBOUND -
     TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 26DEC16 THROUGH 15JAN17 OR
     21JAN17 THROUGH 28JAN17.
   INBOUND -
     TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 03OCT16 THROUGH 16OCT16 OR
     12DEC16 THROUGH 24DEC16 OR 02FEB17 THROUGH 12FEB17
     OR 24MAY17 THROUGH 27JUN17.
Routings permitted:
Code:
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
 1. SHA-CZ-CAN-CZ-WUH-CZ-SFO
 2. SHA-CZ-CAN-CZ-LAX-DL/CZ-SFO
 3. SHA-CZ-CAN-CZ-NYC-DL/CZ-SFO
 4. SHA-CZ-CAN-CZ-LAX-VX/CZ-SFO
 5. SHA-CZ-CAN-CZ-NYC-VX/CZ-SFO
 6. SHA-CZ-CAN-CZ-YVR-WS/CZ-SFO
 7. SHA-CZ-CAN-CZ-WUH-SFO

Last edited by stephem; Oct 14, 2016 at 11:39 am
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
How can you force the routing through JFK? I tried through matrix and was unsuccessful.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell
How can you force the routing through JFK? I tried through matrix and was unsuccessful.
As far as I can tell you can't. Fare rules also require you to fly CZ659/660 TPAC, which is the WUH-SFO segment.
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CZ FLIGHTS 659 THROUGH 660.
So all other routes are not available except through WUH. You can do PVG-WUH-SFO or PVG-CAN-WUH-SFO.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Sorry, I was looking at fare basis IXPRZU which doesn't have that flight limitation (as does IXP4ZU). IXPRZU allows any CZ flight for the TPAC sector. It is however about $150 more in price for base fare.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TerryK
Good fare but you do need visa for China.

TWOV for China only applies to international to international transit to a third country. You can only touch one transit point in China. Your itinerary BKK-CAN-SHA//PVG-WUH-SFO doesn't qualify.
There's a 24 hour version of TWOV that allows domestic flights within China, but IIRC you cannot go through WUH with most passports, including USA. Check the big sticky TWOV thread in the China forum for precise details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.