Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KL: LHR/MAD - NYC via AMS in J - GBP1080

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL: LHR/MAD - NYC via AMS in J - GBP1080

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why?

Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Row 29 on that Delta flight is economy...

And have you forgotten this?
I had cancelled that - too much faffing - - well, actually, I couldn't get it to book with a long enough layover to get my luggage (ski's mainly) off the plane...

and clicked to quick to pay on this one. I had business in the type of service - but didn't have time to look carefully enough, so canceling this as well...

back to the drawing board for me.

Last edited by HeidiInTheAlps; Sep 26, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:50 pm

Why?

Really?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Really?
Yeah.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:13 pm

bumping up, as fare now available ex-AMS
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
bumping up, as fare now available ex-AMS
I can only see OW ex-AMS at the cheap prices?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:25 pm

didn't check that, but the rules were outbound must be between 18 Dec and 2 Jan - with a Saturday night stay...

I booked AMS-ORD (on the UA non stop) and return SFO-FRA-AMS and paid 1439 EUR.

But I just checked, and availability is drying up, but still there.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
This is available ex-LON again for around £1080 via AMS.

Sample dates March 10-13

Also showing for certain other cities - NYC £1280, BOS £1380, AUS £1580.

Key conditions for the ORD fare below..

PERMITTED 22NOV 16 THROUGH 29NOV 16 OR 10FEB 17 THROUGH
18FEB 17 OR 19FEB 17 THROUGH 31MAR 17 OR 01APR 17 THROUGH
15APR 17 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Book by Oct 4th
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
This is available ex-LON again for around £1080 via AMS.

Sample dates March 10-13

Also showing for certain other cities - NYC £1280, BOS £1380, AUS £1580.

Key conditions for the ORD fare below..

PERMITTED 22NOV 16 THROUGH 29NOV 16 OR 10FEB 17 THROUGH

Book by Oct 4th
Google flights shows for £1080 but reprices to £1800 once you click through to KL.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Booked KLM, thanks OP

KLM, in a heartbeat, Delta LOL. Why subject yourself to on of those American legacy carriers full of attitude and American junk food and service and Americans who think they are so special... when you can enjoy Dutch hospitality, on new aircraft and flight attendants who are under 60.

The 747 is great. The 787-9 is also great but upper deck KLM 747 beats them all for this route..... DL... LOL.... Don't torture yourselves.....

Originally Posted by obduro
Crazy deal – Business Class from London to New York for a shade over £1k KLM and/or Delta. Freely available on the dates below, bookable direct on KLM.com, and involves one stop in AMS. Seems like some sort of price match with the ex-NL deals with OW that have now died. Cutting into each other’s home turf?

You can also get this on Delta stock. Some availability to route via CDG, and you can get a a direct flight from NYC to LHR on the inbound leg for an extra £300 (prices at around £1373 currently)

The details:

Code:
Fare rules:

FARE BASIS - ZKP2EU

DATES - PERMITTED 22NOV 16 THROUGH 29NOV 16 OR 10FEB 17 THROUGH

MAXIMUM STAY - TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO
  LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST
  INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

STOPOVERS NOT PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 04OCT 16.
Happy hunting!

Ps - Bloodsucking blogs, do your own research
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Booked KLM, thanks OP

KLM, in a heartbeat, Delta LOL. Why subject yourself to on of those American legacy carriers full of attitude and American junk food and service and Americans who think they are so special... when you can enjoy Dutch hospitality, on new aircraft and flight attendants who are under 60.

The 747 is great. The 787-9 is also great but upper deck KLM 747 beats them all for this route..... DL... LOL.... Don't torture yourselves.....

"...full of attitude..." How ironic.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:38 pm

Booked KLM, thanks OP

Dutch hospitality is an oxymoron. Last biz flight on LH had terrible food and neglectful service. There are at least 5 KLM flight attendants in my neighborhood and they are all over 60.

I've had much better service on United, amenities package was better as well, all done up in Olympic style..
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked KLM, thanks OP

I'd pick KLM over Delta too - but it's funny to see you mention "new aircraft" and "The 747 is great" in the same breath.

KLM's 747s are not exactly new....but they are aging gracefully. They all have new WBC cabins so that's fine by me!

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Dutch hospitality is an oxymoron. Last biz flight on LH had terrible food and neglectful service.
I guess that you got German hospitality on Lufthansa - not Dutch!

Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:36 am

I'd pick KLM over Delta too - but it's funny to see you mention "new aircraft" and "The 747 is great" in the same breath.

KLM's 747s are not exactly new....but they are aging gracefully. They all have new WBC cabins so that's fine by me!

I guess that you got German hospitality on Lufthansa - not Dutch!

Let me rephrase.

Dutch hospitality is an oxymoron. German hospitality is worse.

Maybe it's just me being able to work a crowd - or the airplane crew, but even if the Delta or United product is substandard to whomever else, I generally find the crew chipper and cheerful, and going the extra mile.

I have some great Delta stories - traveling with my dog (don't want to get into it ), but Delta really bent the rules and I know KLM never would have done that...

But hey-ho off topic.

Anyway thought I'd mention it's been two days since I've purchased an airplane ticket. oops. lie. Bought tickets from BKK-HKT for next month this morning.. well, it needed to be done. Wasn't going to sun bath in Bangkok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.