FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   First Class Emirates & Airfrance CDG-SIN $5500 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1791178-first-class-emirates-airfrance-cdg-sin-5500-a.html)

DL2SXM Sep 15, 2016 10:41 pm

First Class Emirates & Airfrance CDG-SIN $5500

I was hesitant to post this but considering at this price you usually can't even get a business class ticket, I thought a RT first class ticket, on Emirates nonetheless, was worth posting.

CDG-SIN either non stop on AF or via DXB on EK for $5500.00. I don't have to tell anyone what a spectacular first class cabin EK has. You can also do F one way and J the other for $3600.00.

AF is non-stop on a 773 and EK is a A380 + another A380 or 773. There are only like 3 or 4 EK non stops from DXB to SIN.

Its tempting, very tempting.... Dates were good for January and February, I am sure there are more dates just that the vodka is kicking in and its time for bed. With that, I leave you with this...

http://www.emirates.com/us/english/f...rst_class.aspx

sushimaru Sep 16, 2016 2:13 am

Not bad for AF, but for EK it's normal. Ex-OSL has EK F to SIN for US$4,500/rt.

subject2load Sep 16, 2016 2:43 am

Originally Posted by sushimaru (Post 27219368)
Not bad for AF, but for EK it's normal. Ex-OSL has EK F to SIN for US$4,500/rt.

Can't speak for AF myself, but as far as EK is concerned....yes, agreed, the figures are nothing special at all (although no criticism of the OP for taking the time to post)

expatOWflyer Sep 16, 2016 3:26 am

Part of their weekend P sale. Four day max stay; departures on Thursday and Friday only.
http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local/...re-weekend.htm

DL2SXM Sep 16, 2016 5:12 am

I think what makes it more attractive is the ability to do F one way and J the other for a total price of $3600.00.

torontochinese Sep 16, 2016 8:47 am

It looks like Swiss also match the price to hkg and sin. 4385euro is expensive. I would go for it if it includes my positioning flight from yyz to cdg

2old4coach Sep 17, 2016 9:49 am

AF 777 F cabin

Thanks for the post.
AF offers this flight at a discount time to time, so thank you for the update.

The AF cabin is 1-2-1 with only 4 seats in F so this config is truly exclusive.
There is a curtain that can be close around the seat , very elegant. At CDG AF offers a unique experience
A much as I enjoy EK first, I have grown tired of transiting DXB. I like the first class lounge, but everything is very large and spread out. AF in SIN and CDG delivers a very exclusive experience for its First class customers. Give it a try!

FlyingFrZ Sep 17, 2016 12:00 pm

seeing EY availability around the same price as well

SFO777 Sep 18, 2016 5:51 am

Originally Posted by 2old4coach (Post 27225022)
Thanks for the post.
AF offers this flight at a discount time to time, so thank you for the update.
The AF cabin is 1-2-1 with only 4 seats in F so this config is truly exclusive.
There is a curtain that can be close around the seat , very elegant. At CDG AF offers a unique experience
A much as I enjoy EK first, I have grown tired of transiting DXB. I like the first class lounge, but everything is very large and spread out. AF in SIN and CDG delivers a very exclusive experience for its First class customers. Give it a try!

AF First is superior to EK First in almost every respect, but especially on the ground where the AF F pax is coddled from arrival at your departure airport to leaving your destination airport. On board, the single row 77W F cabin is one of the most elegant premium products flying today. On the other hand, if you are into bling, taking buses and trains and walking long distances to connect, then EK is your airline. ;)

NA-Flyer Sep 18, 2016 7:38 am

Honestly, I am not impressed any more with EK First class product. I think they need to re-fresh it ASAP or they will start losing loyal customers.

As for AF F I would pick it immediately at this competitive price @:-)

stimpy Sep 18, 2016 1:17 pm

Agree with SFO777, AF is the superior choice in most every respect. And that is a GREAT price. I like the shower on the EK A380, and the bar, etc. But the AF ground experience and privacy at the seat make the difference.

DL2SXM Sep 18, 2016 9:23 pm

is it possible to book on the AF website F in one direction and J in the other?

sushimaru Sep 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Deleted

ranskis Sep 19, 2016 5:59 am

On AF website, if you select business class for your search, you will have F options displayed as well when available. So you should be able to mix F and J on AF, but only for round trip or multidestination back to country of origin of max 2 segments usually.

sushimaru Sep 19, 2016 8:07 am

Originally Posted by ranskis (Post 27232243)
On AF website, if you select business class for your search, you will have F options displayed as well when available. So you should be able to mix F and J on AF, but only for round trip or multidestination back to country of origin of max 2 segments usually.

Thanks for the clarification - didn't think about researching in J! I'll delete the earlier post to eliminate the confusion.