Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: LAX/SFO/JFK-SIN r/t $1,150 in PE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ: LAX/SFO/JFK-SIN r/t $1,150 in PE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
So if I credit these flights to UA program, even if I have 100k PQMs requirement for 1K status, I would still $12k short of spending correct? - at least that's only for US residents.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyer89
So if I credit these flights to UA program, even if I have 100k PQMs requirement for 1K status, I would still $12k short of spending correct? - at least that's only for US residents.
Unless ticketed on 016 (UA) ticket stock, you will earn no PQDs even if crediting to UA MP.
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:55 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MIKETWA1
My wife is pushing to jump on this fare, but I really dont know if I can handle premium economy for almost 20 hours. Is it like domestic first class and then just add on the leg rests? I have seen pictures of it, doesnt look to bad, but I just dont know.
Just make sure to get the bulkhead seats, as getting up and walking around is a necessity on that length flight. I did a number of HKG-JFK CX PE RT's, and they weren't bad with the bulkhead. That is about 1500 miles less. The one where I was stuck in the middle seat of the middle section was the worst. I had no problem with DOH-LAX on QR J which is 8300 miles, but really couldn't imagine being stuck in a metal tube an extra 2+ hrs. I'd stick to the JFK-FRA-SIN as it's more manageable with the stop in FRA. Since it's the same flight number, should earn the same, unless they credit each segment separately, in which case it's about 700 miles more.
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
Just make sure to get the bulkhead seats, as getting up and walking around is a necessity on that length flight. I did a number of HKG-JFK CX PE RT's, and they weren't bad with the bulkhead. That is about 1500 miles less. The one where I was stuck in the middle seat of the middle section was the worst. I had no problem with DOH-LAX on QR J which is 8300 miles, but really couldn't imagine being stuck in a metal tube an extra 2+ hrs. I'd stick to the JFK-FRA-SIN as it's more manageable with the stop in FRA. Since it's the same flight number, should earn the same, unless they credit each segment separately, in which case it's about 700 miles more.
I am on the 2 seated side towards the back 37 A and C... I was going to pay extra for the bulkhead but I figured is it really worth it and do a lot of people stand around that area during such a long haul route to stretch their legs, and the 39" pitch which is better than Uniteds 757 37" pitch which I fly on a weekly basis and I am able to get up and down with no problem.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:47 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MIKETWA1
I am on the 2 seated side towards the back 37 A and C... I was going to pay extra for the bulkhead but I figured is it really worth it and do a lot of people stand around that area during such a long haul route to stretch their legs, and the 39" pitch which is better than Uniteds 757 37" pitch which I fly on a weekly basis and I am able to get up and down with no problem.
The recline from the seat in front is the biggest problem. I had no chance of getting out of the CX middle seat without asking the pax in the aisle seat to step out into the aisle, or ask the pax in the seat in front of me to put their seat up. Similar comments about these seats on seatguru and the bulkhead are shown as the best seats. If you're travelling with the wife, obviously this maight not be a problem, or if you have the aisle seat. On the A350 (EWR-SIN-EWR) there doesn't appear to be any place for other pax to stand around except in the aisle
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:17 pm

The solo PE seats on the upcoming EWR/SIN/EWR flight are quite intriguing and no surcharge at the moment. Easy access, privacy, reasonable comfort. But it's still an 18/19 hour flight...
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by JetAway
The solo PE seats on the upcoming EWR/SIN/EWR flight are quite intriguing and no surcharge at the moment. Easy access, privacy, reasonable comfort. But it's still an 18/19 hour flight...
SQ should pay you a commission because you just sold me on booking one of these due to the solo seat option. EWR-SIN-EWR In January $1296. credits 100% to AS. Intro sale seems to be ending in 5 days?.

Last edited by CDKing; Jun 11, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:35 pm

Will I get 150% distance miles credited with Miles&More if booking class is "P", no matter what the ticket price is?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:32 pm

There's a new promotion ex EWR or LAX, but requiring 2 passengers to fly this time. Book by October 12.

Example:
EWR-SIN -- $1,098 per person
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by qupasyd
There's a new promotion ex EWR or LAX, but requiring 2 passengers to fly this time. Book by October 12.

Example:
EWR-SIN -- $1,098 per person
Just a heads up for those who might want to credit to AS. These are booking class R, which currently does not earn any miles with AS. Presumably at some point AS will update the earnings charts, but they're not quick with this stuff.
rustykettel and E55 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up Good MR opp.

For SIN based travelers mostly, SQ has extended the promo for exKUL dep. until Mar. 31, 2019
Book by Oct 14, 2018.
(MYR 4,100 = USD 1,000 for 19,000 KF miles)

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/my...-Kuala-Lumpur/

P/S - SQ website is down at the moment but the promo fares are on the Malaysia website.
solewalker and Ephlong like this.

Last edited by kaffir76; Oct 13, 2018 at 1:25 pm Reason: Added URL, website is back
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:31 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
NO Miles on ASMP

WARNING: Fare Code R earns 0 miles if credited to Alaska
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by milypan
Just a heads up for those who might want to credit to AS. These are booking class R, which currently does not earn any miles with AS. Presumably at some point AS will update the earnings charts, but they're not quick with this stuff.
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
WARNING: Fare Code R earns 0 miles if credited to Alaska
Yes this was already noted above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.