Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL - Skyteam - MAD to NYC €946 ai in Z / Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL - Skyteam - MAD to NYC €946 ai in Z / Business

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by christravelblog
my wife should be ALWAYS at home so i can talk to her if we book or not. Her fault :-)
Should have asked her 2 days ago when the fare was posted here!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I know this is ancient history but you really shoot yourself in the foot by calling it an error fare. Especially if in a future dispute with an airline they end up linking you to your post, which is not especially challenging to do. Perhaps best to refer to a special sale promotion as exactly that?
And this was not an error fare.

It's not the first time DL/Skyteam have had sub €1000 returns from Europe to the East Coast. Note, also, that this was not a move to "match" any other fare, and that no other alliances matched the fare either.

(It was a little unusual that it appeared only to be available from MAD, and not from BCN, though).
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by irishguy28
And this was not an error fare.

It's not the first time DL/Skyteam have had sub €1000 returns from Europe to the East Coast. Note, also, that this was not a move to "match" any other fare, and that no other alliances matched the fare either.

(It was a little unusual that it appeared only to be available from MAD, and not from BCN, though).
Yes, I was referring to the ex-norway special fares from last summer, not this one.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
LOL same here.

And I got one of the Viking fares here last year, but I was a total newb then to FT, should have gotten a lot more in hindsight
That's what I said, my only regret with that fare was I didn't book more of them...

Plus, I'm a west coast girl - it has to take something pretty special to entice me to the east coast.

That said, still thinking about booking the DUB-HNL fare for next summer, but waiting until I can book a return date - the return date I need isn't bookable yet.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
For what it is worth the low coach fares are still available in some case <$500 for r/t from Germany to the US.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:07 pm

Just logging in to say thanks, I caught this fare when you posted it.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Is it still available?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by NatH
Is it still available?
Nope
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Definately gone now. Congratulations all who managed to get one. New York for New Years is always special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.