Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA: MAD-FRA 220eur rt in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LA: MAD-FRA 220eur rt in J

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The Iberia Express part of the trip (MAD-TFN) was ok, in a European Business Class sort of way, but you don't get served a whole lot. I was on the flight that left at 11h35, so it was a "brunch" service with a small hot snack of quiche. Business class was one single row in the front and trying to sleep a bit without causing myself permanent back pain was a challenge on those Economy Recaro seats. Service was friendly and proactive, though.

Weather conditions were pretty bad in Tenerife (and still are as I write, listening to the sea thundering and pounding from the banana plantation where I am) so landing was challenging. We were treated to a dramatic go-around, my second in three days, and were told we would probably divert to Tenerife South. But we made it in on the 2nd attempt, and drew up to the terminal in pouring rain and thick fog (bags were delivered soaked). I believe TFN is a scary airport for landings and takeoffs.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The trip back was pretty good, Iberia Express offered friendly proactive service with a decent but unispiring hot meal of cannelloni and salad. There was a 35 minute delay before departure and I couldn't work out what it was because the captain's English was unintelligible.

The MAD-FRA sector the following day was operated by the LAN 787 Dreamliner, no WAMOS Air nonsense this time. Once again, service was fairly friendly and proactive from the all male crew. Baggage claim at FRA was a Latin American mess with a huge wait, which cut the waiting time for my train right down.

A couple of things to note, if anyone has a trip upcoming. A LAN boarding pass does NOT offer Fasttrack security at MAD T4, so leave time for long security lines. Is this normal? Priority services were offered at all other stages of the trips.
Secondly, it's quite a long haul out to the S gates, with an underground train ride and passport control to go through. So leave enough time. The lounge is much better out there, though.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:52 pm
Used to be highman123

JUst a heads-up - this deal is back on the LA 787 for many dates. https://www.kayak.com/flights/FRA-MA...02-15/business
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news! I will certainly be checking it out and it will be interesting to see if there are any quirks like the Tenerife add on last time.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: AA - PLT, QR - Gold
Anything else than MAD and TFN?

Last edited by tmpvt; Apr 23, 2017 at 4:12 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:00 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I used that deal to get ticket to GRX.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
JUst a heads-up - this deal is back on the LA 787 for many dates. https://www.kayak.com/flights/FRA-MA...02-15/business
the fra-mad-fra deal has never been down. booking via OTA can bring the price down to 201€
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
A couple of things to note, if anyone has a trip upcoming. A LAN boarding pass does NOT offer Fasttrack security at MAD T4, so leave time for long security lines. Is this normal? Priority services were offered at all other stages of the trips.
Since April 6 LATAM passengers can use fast track security in MAD ^
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
the fra-mad-fra deal has never been down. booking via OTA can bring the price down to 201€
Which OTA is offering that price? I can't find it anywhere on the net!!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
I struggle to find anything but FRA-MAD - dont seem to be able to get any connections with IB? Used to be a good way to get BA/IB segments....relatively "cheap" and painless
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Which OTA is offering that price? I can't find it anywhere on the net!!
You need to search on kayak.fr to get the best OTA prices for that fare. (Payment option VISA Credit)

i had one booked for 198€ on opodo.fr (referred from kayak.fr)
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ZEEEV210 is only 77EUR+63tax for a return if you can find inventory and stay 3 days in MAD
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Miles&More, Privilege Club
The really creative routings FRA-TFN with like 10 stopovers still aren't possible I suggest?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
ZEEEV210 is only 77EUR+63tax for a return if you can find inventory and stay 3 days in MAD
Bingo. Got it for traveling next month between FRA and MAD ^
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:51 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
i bought an eco ticket (35$) and bidded 55$ for upgrade (one-way ticket) and i got the upgrade, in feb17, the biz class on mad-fra was maybe 50% LF, great experience and amazing FAs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.