Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/LH/LX SFO to BOM around $2700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Many dates & lots of flight combinations available the next few months via EWR, FRA, MUC, ZRH, etc.

E.g. Sep 1 - Sept 6.

I found these on kayak, Google flights, united.com, etc.

You get 200% PQM on UA, about 6.7 CPQM.

Similar deals to ALA, IKA, DXB, DEL, etc.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Thanks OP - good find. ^ Looks like a repeat of the deals last fall and winter. I did a status mileage run in January and earned approx. 44,000 PQM for a five-day r/t. Will be interesting to see how long this lasts this time.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Interestingly, this fare was available a few weeks ago, but it gradually crept up to around $4K recently until the drop yesterday.

For mileage run, better deals can be had to Central & South America on UA. You can do SFO to BOG rt (e.g.) for ~$1000 in biz & earn nearly 20K PQM when routed via EWR.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
I did a status mileage run in January and earned approx. 44,000 PQM for a five-day r/t.
I have always considered doing a large J MR and just ripping the band-aid off one year but I don't think hitting a goal early would stop me from looking for deals and help me save money for the following year
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:43 pm
mp2

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
I just missed this far. As someone else pointed out, this fare was available until a couple weeks ago. I booked my trip to India, but then lost the fare when I canceled to rebook. I ended up flying in PE and paid $2700.

Great fare OP!
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
For those who've been recently, is the tourist visa currently $60 USD for US citizens?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by konoyaro
For those who've been recently, is the tourist visa currently $60 USD for US citizens?
$60 + 2.5% "bank charge"
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by sfducati
$60 + 2.5% "bank charge"
Much obliged
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: CO
Looks like you also need to apply for the visa within 34 days of travel? Per the gov't website application form. Won't let me apply now.

Also, looking for advice as someone who has never been - I think we'll be staying 2 nights including the night of arrival so getting there very early Sunday @ 1:30AM and out Tuesday @ 12:30 AM (Monday night). Should we just stay in Mumbai for the 48hrs we're there or is it worth going to Goa instead? Just wondering what people think. There's a 5:20am flight to Goa so works out fairly well if we decide to do that, but I also figure we'll be exhausted by that point so maybe just stay

Last edited by nikbruno; Aug 4, 2016 at 10:26 pm
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by nikbruno
Looks like you also need to apply for the visa within 34 days of travel? Per the gov't website application form. Won't let me apply now.

Also, looking for advice as someone who has never been - I think we'll be staying 2 nights including the night of arrival so getting there very early Sunday @ 1:30AM and out Tuesday @ 12:30 AM (Monday night). Should we just stay in Mumbai for the 48hrs we're there or is it worth going to Goa instead? Just wondering what people think. There's a 5:20am flight to Goa so works out fairly well if we decide to do that, but I also figure we'll be exhausted by that point so maybe just stay
Not worth going to Goa. Local flights are not always puntual, and you may end up spending a lot of time at airports/ transferring etc. although Goa is quite close to BOM
Some good hotels near airport (Hyatt, ITC which is SPG) etc. If you land at 1:30 am, clearing immigration, customs etc will take another hour or hour and half. Best to take a hotel car for a 5 minute ride to one of these hotels and be in bed by 3:30 am or so!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:27 pm

SFO BOG

Originally Posted by thebakaronis
For mileage run, better deals can be had to Central & South America on UA. You can do SFO to BOG rt (e.g.) for ~$1000 in biz & earn nearly 20K PQM when routed via EWR.
Which airline are you referring to? For $1000 I'm only seeing AA, and not routing through EWR.
Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by qofmiwok
Which airline are you referring to? For $1000 I'm only seeing AA, and not routing through EWR.
Thanks!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...bog-802-j.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.