Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: YVR-PTY in I/A class for ~US$600 rt

Old Jun 30, 16, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi...I guess this is similar to the LAX - PTY deal that has a ton of traffic on FT, but more convenient for us Northwest folks . There are a bunch of different routings starting in Sept and going all the way out to April, with departures typically on Sun - Tues, and Mon - Fri returns. No lie flats on most of the routings I have looked at, but immediate turn arounds are possible. This is one possibility...

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...YVR1AA372;sc=b

Last edited by 18sas; Jul 2, 16 at 1:20 pm
Old Jun 30, 16, 1:58 pm

i'm assuming that you're in the US and are quoting USD even though the origin city is in Canada. Is my assumption correct?
Old Jun 30, 16, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenSenise View Post
i'm assuming that you're in the US and are quoting USD even though the origin city is in Canada. Is my assumption correct?
Hi. Sorry you are correct the prices shown are USD
Old Jun 30, 16, 3:29 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by seafred View Post
Hi...I guess this is similar to the LAX - PTY deal that has a ton of traffic on FT, but more convenient for us Northwest folks . There are a bunch of different routings starting in Sept and going all the way out to April, with departures typically on Sun - Tues, and Mon - Fri returns. No lie flats on most of the routings I have looked at, but immediate turn arounds are possible. This is one possibility...

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...YVR1AA372;sc=b
Making the routing ex-YVR actually
Comes up multiple times per page in the LAX-thread, it's a discussion that's already very common over there.... And you can also easily route it LAX-JFK-MIA for lie-flats or do PHL-MIA which also sometimes has lie-flats. Not sure it needs its separate thread as it's pretty much the same as the LAX fare
Old Jun 30, 16, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
Comes up multiple times per page in the LAX-thread, it's a discussion that's already very common over there.... And you can also easily route it LAX-JFK-MIA for lie-flats or do PHL-MIA which also sometimes has lie-flats. Not sure it needs its separate thread as it's pretty much the same as the LAX fare
Thanks...didn't read through much of the LAX thread. Sooo many messages
Old Jun 30, 16, 8:08 pm
E55

deleted post
Old Jul 1, 16, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
Actually I've yet to find an ex-YVR that lets me route via LAX to get the lie flats. As the OP states, most of the time an ex-YVR is routed via PHX or sometimes DFW. This is especially inconvenient for those of us seeking British Airways tier points.

But yes, it is basically the same fare and could usefully be merged with the other thread.
Old Jul 1, 16, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Actually I've yet to find an ex-YVR that lets me route via LAX to get the lie flats. As the OP states, most of the time an ex-YVR is routed via PHX or sometimes DFW. This is especially inconvenient for those of us seeking British Airways tier points.

But yes, it is basically the same fare and could usefully be merged with the other thread.
If you're after BAEC TPs and can use this fare then I strongly recommend you learn to use the ITA Matrix, because this YVR fare is just like the LAX one in that it is limited by MPM and therefore if you have the time you can easily work it up into a much more complicated routing for many more TPs (to a maximum of 16 sectors)

I did LAX-PTY once over 12 segments for 528 and 980 TPs!
Old Jul 1, 16, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
If you're after BAEC TPs and can use this fare then I strongly recommend you learn to use the ITA Matrix, because this YVR fare is just like the LAX one in that it is limited by MPM and therefore if you have the time you can easily work it up into a much more complicated routing for many more TPs (to a maximum of 16 sectors)

LOL. Thanks. I've contributed a couple of examples to the TP thread as I've also done similar to you, although IRROPs blew a hole in my recent 1100 TP run.

But I am sick of the crappy old ex-US Airways planes at PHX and CLT and have been trying to figure out how to route via LAX to get the good lie flats - without paying for separate positioning flights.
Old Jul 1, 16, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post

Would you be willing to share what the routing was?
Old Jul 1, 16, 12:52 pm

Programs: AP 50k, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Just booked YVR-PHX-LAX-MIA-PTY return with LAX-MIA on the 763s for $790CAD. Not too hard to find with ITA matrix.
Old Jul 1, 16, 2:31 pm
E55

A vote against merging this thread. This is specifically from YVR. I wouldn't have seen it if it was burred in the LAX thread.
Old Jul 1, 16, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Would you be willing to share what the routing was?
LAX-LAS-PHX
PHX-PHL-CLT
CLT-TPA-MIA
MIA-PTY-MIA
MIA-PHL-PHX
PHX-LAS-LAX

and another:

LAS-LAX-SFO
SFO-MIA (B763)
MIA-PTY-MIA
MIA-MCO-CLT-PHL
PHL-PHX (A332)
PHX-LAX-LAS
Old Jul 1, 16, 6:39 pm

Programs: QR Platinum / UA Premier 1K / AF Platinum / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / Marriott Plat / BW Diamond
Originally Posted by E55 View Post
A vote against merging this thread. This is specifically from YVR. I wouldn't have seen it if it was burred in the LAX thread.
I Agree, I would have missed, now have 2 flights booked because of this thread, thanks SEAFRED
Old Jul 1, 16, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Delta Silver
I'm currently on a back to back that has 19 segments (excluding repositioning flights)
$878 CAD: YVR-PHX-JFK-DCA-MIA-PTY-MIA-PHL-DFW-YVR
$960 CAD: YVR-PHX-JFK-BOS-DCA-MIA-PTY-MIA-PHL-DFW-YVR

For the 2nd trip, I'm in PTY for 2 nights and in PHL for 1 night. I could have routed in an extra couple of segments, but I'm actually glad that I didn't because pretty much every flight from JFK-DFW on the first trip and from BOS-PTY on the second trip (I'm currently in PTY so I'm not sure how the rest of the trip is going to go yet) have been delayed.

I only had lie flats from JFK-BOS (still the stupidest use of a 321T ever), but otherwise was on A320s/737s/e75s.

Search this Thread