Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: YVR-PTY in I/A class for ~US$600 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: YVR-PTY in I/A class for ~US$600 rt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks to the LAX thread I had found YVR-PHX-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-LAX-YVR later this month for $800 range and with one of the LAX-JFK in D such that it gets the 12k bonus RDM. Nice last gas MR to get me back to EXP and pile in nearly 50k RDM with the premium class bonuses.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by mikelat
T Nice last gas MR to get me back to EXP and pile in nearly 50k RDM with the premium class bonuses.
The term is LAST GASP.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Actually I've yet to find an ex-YVR that lets me route via LAX to get the lie flats. As the OP states, most of the time an ex-YVR is routed via PHX or sometimes DFW. This is especially inconvenient for those of us seeking British Airways tier points.

But yes, it is basically the same fare and could usefully be merged with the other thread.
I'm confused by your post, a few things

a) it's definitely possible, for example i just picked random dates in February: https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e has at least one way on LAX-JFK lie-flats, as well as JFK-MIA. If you play around with the routing you can probably get at least MIA-DFW lie-flats as well (the way back via JFK isn't possible in a day so I didn't bother looking)

b) routing via PHX is actually MORE convenient for those trying to earn TP's than via the LAX-JFK lie-flat since ex-PHX routings go into first and ex-LAX routings go into Biz, so... I think you're confusing things here? For TP-earning purposes, PHX-PHL is fantastic and usually cheaper than LAX-JFK routings even.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm confused by your post, a few things

a) it's definitely possible, for example i just picked random dates in February: has at least one way on LAX-JFK lie-flats, as well as JFK-MIA. If you play around with the routing you can probably get at least MIA-DFW lie-flats as well (the way back via JFK isn't possible in a day so I didn't bother looking)

b) routing via PHX is actually MORE convenient for those trying to earn TP's than via the LAX-JFK lie-flat since ex-PHX routings go into first and ex-LAX routings go into Biz, so... I think you're confusing things here? For TP-earning purposes, PHX-PHL is fantastic and usually cheaper than LAX-JFK routings even.
Thanks. To be fair, I'm not based in YVR, so have just been looking at a relatively small window in August 2016. But it's good to know that YVR-LAX onwards can be done and it's just my dates.

As far as PHX-PHL is concerned, I don't really want to go red-eye on those planes with such limited recline seats, so that means trying to catch a cheap 8am from YVR to connect on an afternoon flight to PHL. It is hard to move onwards from PHL that late at night so you have to budget for an airport hotel (which are relatively more expensive in PHL than elsewhere)

Via LAX you can go overnight on a proper bed and connect to MIA the next morning on an equally decent plane/seat. Giving up 70 TPs but, airfare being similar, saving on the hotel. Alternatively, you have several 2000+ mile options out of LAX that might price cheaply. PHX limits you to JFK, PHL and sometimes BOS... The Admirals Club lounges are also tiny and unappealing at PHX...
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:33 pm

Thanks OP! I will use this whenever I'm in Canada.. or Lax.. Unfortunetely I'm unable to find soumething like this departing from the Caribbean...

UVF/BGI/GND - PTY (rt) are all about 1,200 USD.. and since I fly this regulary it is really expensive :-( Should somebody have the experience trying to find something, THANKS in advance!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Actually I've yet to find an ex-YVR that lets me route via LAX to get the lie flats. As the OP states, most of the time an ex-YVR is routed via PHX or sometimes DFW. This is especially inconvenient for those of us seeking British Airways tier points.

But yes, it is basically the same fare and could usefully be merged with the other thread.
Originally Posted by steveholt
Would you be willing to share what the routing was?

I booked it that way back in April...

Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Just booked a variation of this for a massive MR next month...

Positioning flight in Y: DAY-DFW-YVR / YVR-LAX-CLT-DAY = $377 / 6321 EQM / 13397 RDM

MR #1 in J: YVR-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY / PTY-MIA-JFK-PHX-YVR = $777 / 22846 EQM / 33613 RDM

MR #2 in J: YVR-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY / PTY-MIA-JFK-PHX-YVR = $805 / 22846 EQM / 33669 RDM

TOTAL = $1959 / 21 segments / 52013 EQM / 80679 RDM = 2.43 cpm

One week total from initial departure to return, with a max of 4 nights in hotels, depending on what I decide to to. On the J portions, 6 legs have lie-flats, including two LAX-JFK flights in the A321T. Should be an adventure!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite
I'm flying YVR-PHX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-BOS-PHL-PHX-YVR from Aug 11-13 - and my all-in fare was 878 CAD. Booked it last month.

Not one lie-flat, which sucks, but it is what it is. It'll push me over to EXP this year, which is worth the short term pain.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Seeing some $590usd rt fares:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...016-10-04;sc=f
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: 2016 UA Gold & AA Platinum
April 17 - 19

YVR-PHX-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-DFW-YVR
$726 ($579 net)
20,944 EQM ($0.0347)

Crowne Plaza PTY - $114

Last edited by jdoll; Jul 21, 2016 at 5:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.